N-Europe

The Ditto Award 2010

jayseven

Ville; such a diagram would be better if we were allowed to list a bunch of members!

True, though many already have mentioned more than one...and furthermore, I think we're going to see more little circles, like with me, Danny, Jonnas and Supergrunch.

Still, I think your suggestion is valid as well, because a "winner" for this category would sound pretty odd anyway...would be more like "The person who represents the majority of N-E members". I think it's much more interesting to see what kind of groups we'll end up...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite the honour, honestly :blush:

Heh, I was undecided between Supergrunch, Ville and Dannyboy, and you guys just have to worsen my indecision :heh:

I am pleased by this. :) I, too, find that I often agree with Supergrunch, though I did not feel worthy enough to compare myself to him. :blush: We do indeed seem to be a little foursome of like-minded people. :D

The idea of a chart is not bad, though it would probably require some more work. Moving the idea to general chit chat would probably be a good idea in that regard.

Ramar - Random i know, but lately from reading his posts in the festivals thread, the football thread, we share a pretty much identical taste in music, and both like football and can respect decent football players / teams without being biased to our team of choice.

Although.... Pft Arsenal ;)

No longer an award, now a philanthropical experiment!

I would say that I see myself in a few member simply because I imagine they are going through what I went through when I was a bit younger. Moogle is similar, though he has a different humour, but is worth mentioning for the similar gingerness. They will doubtlessly disagree; Paj mee nah and gizmo have my teenage angst; jonnas, mundi, dannyboy and grunch share my empathic acceptance of other's views; Bard understands my nihilistic yet eloquent place in the world, JonSt shares my love for TV shows, Dyson has not only my love for cider but also my general temprament; chairdriver has my need for the world to see itself for what it is. Rummy shares a lot of my views on what human nature is.

of course, there are numerous other members that I know and . Cube is steadfast in his efforts to not offend; Shorty, whom I share a past with, is the rational side of me that... well, that doesn't really exist :P Even newcomer Mad Monkey appeals to me because he's not afraid to state his opinion, nor is he in any way bigoted, just perhaps in ownership of a slightly slippery tongue. Odwin is the man I'd like to be, who I often set as my benchmark target audience for moderator messabouts.

In anycase, there are certain names that appear in the "Last Post By;" field that draw me quicker to a thread than others. There are plenty of other names that I am equally eager to see what their opinion is, but it is this list that I feel a similarity to, which is why they get a mention and others that I equally respect do not.

So the question posited to you; not who you respect, nor who you like, but who do you think is most similar to you, and in what way?

I would say that I see myself in a few member simply because I imagine they are going through what I went through when I was a bit younger. Moogle is similar, though he has a different humour, but is worth mentioning for the similar gingerness.

And we both like cider. (I still owe you 2 cans, will pay you back at some ppoiint),

I'd probably say jayseven for me. I'd elaborate more but I'm busy writing a 10 paragraph deep analysis on why, whilst taking pictures for the BISH and drinking cheap, nasty cider.

Hm, maybe not then! But I do feel an odd similarity. I think it's personality based, confirmed when meeting at the N-E Meet 2010 albeit briefly!

For the first 2 years of my being here, I can't say I ever felt like I was similar to anyone. That's not to say I didn't feel like I have/had a bond with people on here. There are some people I've felt quite close to and some I've felt really close too but it wasn't born out of any commonality other than wanting to talk or a love for a certain game but that hardly makes us twins now does it.

But having a learned about and spoken to Pancake a little bit since following her excellent Twitter feed a couple of months back, it strikes me that in some ways, we are very similar indeed.

Without going into too much detail, I say too much... I mean any, it seems that whilst our circumstances may have been different when growing up, when faced with the same choices, for better or worse, we made the same decisions and they shaped us as people.

It's more than just liking the same music or same films/TV programmes - it's deeper than that. It's the same core beliefs and even if we don't necessarily express them identically, they are fundamentally the same.

And consequently, I call her my twin. It started off as a joke but now I'm not so sure there isn't something in it...

There are different parts of my life that I see reflected in others on the boards, but no one is really a ditto for me.

I would say what sets me apart most of all is the centring of my life around religion, which is pretty much really crazy to most of you. I don't talk about it a lot on here (or do I? I'm always wary), so many might not know how deep that goes.

I love hearing about Chairdriver's degree as it progresses, as I also studied maths at university. Maths bro.

Wesley's posts generally amuse me, and I think he thinks I'm funny too. Humour bro.

Caris comes from the North-East. Geography bro.

will' has a career, and buys IKEA furniture. Job bro.

Mokong now has a child. Father bro.

That's it. I can't keep this up, it's far too tiring. (That's what she said bro.)

Definitely two people stick out I think....not sure if its a bad thing for them that I say this.

First is Retro Link. We have very similar tastes in (television) and more so in movies, (don't feel shame in saying our oft-hated opinion of liking Transformers) and just generally he seems nice/cool/rarely not awesome LIKE ME.

And obviously Goafer, my protegegal bro. When he came to Theme Fest....it was just right. We all started making jokes about raping each other literally minutes into mutually meeting.

For the first 2 years of my being here, I can't say I ever felt like I was similar to anyone. That's not to say I didn't feel like I have/had a bond with people on here. There are some people I've felt quite close to and some I've felt really close too but it wasn't born out of any commonality other than wanting to talk or a love for a certain game but that hardly makes us twins now does it.

But having a learned about and spoken to Pancake a little bit since following her excellent Twitter feed a couple of months back, it strikes me that in some ways, we are very similar indeed.

Without going into too much detail, I say too much... I mean any, it seems that whilst our circumstances may have been different when growing up, when faced with the same choices, for better or worse, we made the same decisions and they shaped us as people.

It's more than just liking the same music or same films/TV programmes - it's deeper than that. It's the same core beliefs and even if we don't necessarily express them identically, they are fundamentally the same.

And consequently, I call her my twin. It started off as a joke but now I'm not so sure there isn't something in it...

DITTO! (ok that was gay).

But yes, bravo sir, there may be summick in it. :heh:

Definitely two people stick out I think....not sure if its a bad thing for them that I say this.

First is Retro Link. We have very similar tastes in (television) and more so in movies, (don't feel shame in saying our oft-hated opinion of liking Transformers) and just generally he seems nice/cool/rarely not awesome LIKE ME.

Cheers man! :D Edited by Retro_Link

Although I've never been someone who has fit well into cliques on here (or anywhere), mostly because of the likelihood of pissing someone off sooner or later, I like to flatter myself and see a bit of myself in everyone. And its changed over the years, especially since after I met some of you guys in real life. There's definitely a group of people that I feel like I consciously moderate my responses to, especially when we disagree, since I can be somewhat caustic in text (which is intentional, as those that have met me in real life can maybe vouch for), just because, hey, I like them, and am making a concerted effort not to be alienating :heh:.

Goron 3 comes to mind. We share tastes in videogames and the way we like to play them, get super competitive and talk a lot of trash, as well as the fact that he is a super super nice dude. The first person on here that I got to know a bit off the forum. Kinda sucks that he doesn't post as much anymore.

Oxigen_Waste and I used to talk loads back in the good ol days when he first joined and I was but a wee teenage metalhead, overly enthusiastic and abrasive in my need to convince others. I think there's a general sense of "good taste" that we share. Also one of the funniest, most knowledgeable members on here.

DanDare because of awesome.

I think I've developed something of a rapport with Paj and Chair recently, partly in due to the convergence of the aforementioned "good taste" (although debatable on some counts gaiz). I kinda don't like that I've clustered them into the "Pajchair" dual headed mutant persona that they share a little bit, because they're very much individuals, but its cute in the way that it makes me pine for a bro that I could use as a sounding board.

Daft because he's a smart chappy who knows his shit, and often disagrees with me, which leads to some productive butting of heads. And a mutual love of The Infinite misanthropy of Theodor Adrono:heh:

Jayseven because of our alcoholism and ability to meander any conversation into a spiralling cavalcade of doubt and cynicism. Can't think of N-E meets without Jay.

Flinkeh! I remember specifically getting really drunk on my uncle's supply and having lengthy msn convo's with him about random random shit. What always struck me is how great and easy the dude is to talk to, which was just re affirmed when we met at this years meet. Also used to have fantastic deathmatches with the man on Metroid Prime: Hunters along with my mate Ben. I miss those days brah.

Ashley, cause, well, we love Scrubs, and also being sarcastic assholes. I do like the dude's humour. :p.

Eurgh, get me a towel. I'm covered in this shit...

(If I forgot you, suck it up.)

Edited by The Bard