NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Are you not 21?

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking that is??. Because if you are 21, you can demand that you get paid minimum wage (for a 21 year old, it is £5.93)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/TheNationalMinimumWage/DG_10027201

If your boss refuses, he is breaking the law.

I'm 20, so it's perfectly legal, but I was told when I got the job it'd be 5.93 and then when I got my pay slip (which is how I found out payroll had cocked up my pay and I've still not been paid..) it states 4.92.

I just want to leave tbh, they keep making me work ridiculous hours for crappy pay and I was told I'd get a full time job and now thats not possible and they brought in two casuals so I DIDN'T have to work so much...

but they still rang me and asked if I could work three 2-10 shifts tomorrow, weds and thurs. Crazy..

According to her profile, she's 20.

Edit: Nevermind.

What did your boss say the wage was when you agreed to start working?

According to her profile, she's 20.

Edit: Nevermind.

What did your boss say the wage was when you agreed to start working?

I was told it was 5.93, then I was told because of my age they decided to drop it down to 4.92.

Nice.

I was told it was 5.93, then I was told because of my age they decided to drop it down to 4.92.

Nice.

Ah, fair enough then. But still, £90 for a 23 hour shift is crap.

Ah, fair enough then. But still, £90 for a 23 hour shift is crap.

It is and unfortunately it should be more, but unfortunately there's not much I can do, promises only go so far in companies these days.

Like the full-time jobs and such, hopefully it'll be better soon.

When I worked for woolies aged 18 they accidentally gave me the contract with £5.55 on it (or whatever the 21+ min. wage was). A couple of months later they noticed they were paying more than they had to, and basically started threatening to fire me if I didn't sign a new contract. I was on one of those 3-month contracts at the time, so I played it cool and signed a new contract a couple of weeks before what would've been the end of my job - and I ensured it was a permanent contract!

I was only doing something like 10 hours a week, and by the time I left I had a 45%~ percent 'attendance'. Was stoned most of the time I was working, too. Aaah, good times!

Anyway!

Worst thing to happen today; Job Centre signed me on 10 mins late, gave me another back-to-work session (had one only two weeks ago!), and my hearing aids are both broken in some way. Hospital repairs centre was closed today and will be tomorrow. Bah!

Soooo I think my sister gave me her throat infection/headache as I've been feeling all blah the last two days. Other body parts are hurting too, like my neck.

So I decided to stay home this morning and skip my first class and go in the afternoon, hoping to get some extra sleep. Except I'm wide awake right now and seem unable to catch any zzzzs. =(

Darn you sister!

The toilet situation at London Bridge station.

After a very enjoyable lunch with a good friend I set off home only to feel the need for the loo, so I pooped in the station, thinking that being a mainline BR station it'd have obvious facilities. So after following the arrows accompanied by the word toilets on the signs walked all the way round the station and ended up back were I started. So I ask a nearby policeman, who directs me to just outside the station, so I follow his directions, nothing, so ask a workman, follow his directions, nothing, then ask another workman, who tells me they are just inside the station, back where I started. So I start following the signs again, thinking I must have missed something, and lo and behold I had, one of the signs had small print directing me to platform 13, so I headed straight for it, only to be told it wasn't working and I'd have to go to the one on platform 6, in a completely different part of the station. So off I headed, to Platform 6, walked up and down the platform only to find a ladies loo, and by this point I was on the verge of shitting myself, so I bit the bullet and headed in to the ladies with just enough time to drop trow and slam the door before I exploded.

Sort the toilets out BR.

- 80 quid gas and then an 80 quid electric bill.

With no money in my account.

Who said being an adult sucks? Being a student sucks, at least with a full-time job I'll be able to pay this damn crap off.

In my overdraft already and only a week into the month....

Broken hearted over kittehs I can't take home...

My laptop is broken...

All three tie for worst!

In my overdraft already and only a week into the month....

Broken hearted over kittehs I can't take home...

My laptop is broken...

All three tie for worst!

I'm fairly skint myself and 10 days away from payday. I love Christmas, but its well and truly spooned me this pay month. Worst part is I've not finished my shopping either. :(

Threaded texts/ opening automatically at the last thread open gave me the worst moment of the day.

But it was a bit of a lol too. :laughing:

I also semi-agreed to watch an episode of The Inbetweeners. Whenever that comes, it'll be the worst moment of that day. Pre-emptive post!

I woke up at this hour. Last night out was a bit shit too, ended up home before 12 because people I was with kept changing their mind about which club to go to. A friend and I then went home to play Fifa before a lack of sleep over the past two days got to me and I went to bed.

Then I woke up at 5: 15. GREAT.

o_______________________________________________0

I hate filth. I cannot describe how much I hate filth.

I drive to Kings Langley last night to have a gaming night. When I get there (like 1 minute away) my car starts making curious noises. Chugging type stuff. I was like "Que Bella C'est???" and drove up (as I had arrived). I get out. I hear a "leaking" noise. I was like "Interesting/not good".

I play Black Cocks/MW2 (Interchangeable, I couldn't tell there was a difference but the disk said Black Cocks. I'm still not convinced), Uncharted 2, and we watched Baseketball (great film) Little Bitch! Anyway, then I'm like "Right, might be in in a minute to call the AA heh heh". I start car.

More chugging. Luckily the car wasn't all icy though, so if I could drive it, it at least would be easier than driving there. It chugs a lot. Feels generally weird. I turn around. Brake seems a bit funny. I drive a bit further and touch the brake.....which is now stiff/can't press it. It was at this point I decided to stop, go in and call AA.

Previous known faults with my car;

- The heater matrix is broken (no in car heating)

- The front wheels must be fucked as the tyres need inflating every 2 weeks, and they were newish recentlyish.

- And stuff.

AA bloke came and was like "Yeah this is bad" and also informed me that I don't have "Recovery" cover or something...so he could only take my car to a garage or something (?) but if I needed it anywhere else I needed to arrange it myself.

And yesterday I spoke with my dad about being in MEGA dire straits now in terms of money, needing to withdraw the penultimate half of my inheritance to just be able to afford the bills and the MOT that would have been due this morning. So this probably now means that my helpful "moving out fund/first few months rent inheritance money" will probably need to go towards a new car too.

So yeah I basically need to get the car scrapped. Left it over there, and my friend kindly dropped me back here last night at like 1:30AM.

I'm so happy that it came at precisely this time too. Like....perfect timing. Feeling close to depressed about my current money situation, no cunt calls you back about jobs and when they do to say "You've got a job, call you back with more info" they don't call back, I'm upset and angry that I can't buy the people I love a substantial/any Christmas presents, I can't afford the bills, I hate everything, everyone, and I'm just generally incredibly anxious about life at the moment......its just overshadowing my favourite time of year with a musty taste of "eww". So yeah...R.I.P. The Beast, and I hate everything/am annoyed/devastated at everything.

TLDR; I hate. I hate so fucking much.

NEW WORLD ORDER!

You have signed on now, haven't you?

I have no other help for you. I just woke up so I left my words of wisdom half-soaked into my pillow. I also agree; life sucks right about now.

Sorry to hear that, ReZ. Sounds absolutely shit. :(

The worst thing to happen to me today is that I've caught a cold. ::shrug:

ReZ Rant

Don't really know what to say dude, sounds like the ultimate case of worse timing ever.

BUT Dont let it put you off Christmas and knock the spirit out of you, I'm sure people that your wanting to purchase gifts for will completely understand the situation you are in, Heck if these people mean that much to you then if you told them you're dilemma they would probably tell you to not worry about getting them anything anyway.

Just enjoy the holidays with your family / friends a few drinks and some good Christmas movies...

who can seriously not feel Christmassy after watching Elf, Jingle all the way, Home Alone, Muppets Christmas Carol, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...

Just whack on a good classic Crimbo film and get that festiveness back! :santa:

ReZ, you can come work for me. I'll pay you £3 a day to do things for me and generally assist my life.

I've still not been paid, it's been over a week.

I may have to tell work I cannot work monday if they don't pay me as I can't afford to travel not even by car. Bugger.

But I don't really know my rights on this one.

I've still not been paid, it's been over a week.

I may have to tell work I cannot work monday if they don't pay me as I can't afford to travel not even by car. Bugger.

But I don't really know my rights on this one.

When does the contract stipulate you will be paid?

When does the contract stipulate you will be paid?

End of the month, ie. The 30th November.

They cocked up my account number so I have to wait for halifax to send the money back to payroll (3-5 working days) and then for them to send the money to me (up to 3 working days). I don't mind so much, it's just no-one at work has asked if I'm ok or if it's come in and I literally cannot afford buses/trains or to fill my car up to get to work and given my car is on pretty much the red right now, I'd rather not risk it.

If I get paid friday I can work monday, but right now I can't and I don't know how this works tbh! I can't just walk there..

When I worked for woolies aged 18 they accidentally gave me the contract with £5.55 on it (or whatever the 21+ min. wage was). A couple of months later they noticed they were paying more than they had to, and basically started threatening to fire me if I didn't sign a new contract. I was on one of those 3-month contracts at the time, so I played it cool and signed a new contract a couple of weeks before what would've been the end of my job - and I ensured it was a permanent contract!

I was only doing something like 10 hours a week, and by the time I left I had a 45%~ percent 'attendance'. Was stoned most of the time I was working, too. Aaah, good times!

Anyway!

Worst thing to happen today; Job Centre signed me on 10 mins late, gave me another back-to-work session (had one only two weeks ago!), and my hearing aids are both broken in some way. Hospital repairs centre was closed today and will be tomorrow. Bah!

You should have left it Jay, if they make a change to your contract that you don't agree with, by law they have to give you 13 weeks notice to change it. Better in your pocket than in theirs.

Went looking for a part-time job today. I'm just realising it's far too late to get Christmas work now. It used to be a lot easier a few years ago. Very disappointed.