N-Europe

Awesome Opening Credits

Paj!

I've always loved how absolutely bombastic the Thunderbirds theme tune has always been.

Though I reckon you'd have to go a long way to top the unbearably funky intro to Gerry Anderson's UFO - set in the amazing space year of 1980.

Edited by gaggle64

Personal favourite

Amazing use of music.

Also: as a big fan of the comics I'd spent a good deal of time prior to the film thinking: how the hell are they planning to deal with all the prose sections in the book? Seeing them all so brilliantly placed in the opening montage was just amazing.

Yeah. I'm not into comics, but my brother is, and since the premise of this one sounded interesting, basically a sort of cynical parody on superhero comics, I actually read that one, and even before the movie. I really thought they handled the movie really well, and like you, I really loved the intro, to reference a lot of stuff he couldn't fit in an already 2,5 hour movie. The song was very well chosen too.

Anyway, I thought you might like the intro of the 80's saturday morning cartoon of the Watchmen:

As a kid this was my favourite, mainly for the cracking tune. Now I have it on my iPod and it gets regular plays while I'm driving around:

Another one that is great pretty much for the song and the fact:

I had a look at a few game intros too but couldn't find any that are really great. There's many fantastic endings though.

Oh man, inspired by the above:

and one I randomly came across but loved back in the day, singing along.

After you see the translations of some of these intros they make no fucking sense.

Yeah, the Japanese version was a commercial Pop song, right? And those lyrics got directly translated to most versions (at least the Latin American versions, I'm sure)

Not the Portuguese one, at least. They actually came up with lyrics that relate to the show (

). It was so catchy, even those who disliked GT (or Dragonball in general) remember that song.

Well how about this one? ;D

Ah ah, :grin: It's incredible how something so simple can be so funny.

(Also, the subtitles at the end were in Portuguese. That was a surprise)

Keeping with the thread, I just love this opening, for so many reasons.

The Wire is perfect, the serious sound effect phase-out going into the quote is always a 'Wire-settle-down time for awesome sequential hour speciale' moment.

While I absolutely love The Wire, it being my favourite show ever, by far, I must confess I never enjoyed the opening(s).

The Dexter and True Blood openings are awesome. I also love...

I repeat what I said above. Except it's my 4th fav.

Personal favourite

Amazing use of music.

Also: as a big fan of the comics I'd spent a good deal of time prior to the film thinking: how the hell are they planning to deal with all the prose sections in the book? Seeing them all so brilliantly placed in the opening montage was just amazing.

Indeed, probably the best opening credits in the last decade.´

Some worth mentioning:

Not really title sequences, but absolutely brilliant openings:

Can't be beat.

Saving Private Ryan is misssing because it's huge, but we all know it's the second best opening ever.

And I'm missing a lot, because they ain't on youtube... oldies mostly, so it figures...