Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

"Sometimes you have to show a little skin. This reminds boys of being naked, and then they think of sex. And anything you can do to draw attention to your mouth is good."

eating-disorder.jpg

I should think that a better saying would be to draw attention to lips, not mouth (which includes teeth, gums, tongue, tonsils, etc.) :p

You knew what I was planning when I asked to borrow your hoody.

I probably should have known.

My day started off badly, I woke up late, forgot my pass to work and was stressing about a meeting I had and then had a shit place to park my car.

It then got turned around with a Starbucks hot chocolate, mine pies in work, my meeting was cancelled and I had a really great day, my team leader's boss also gave me some choccie.

Nice :D

Our holiday system at work is a little complicated. We legally have to physically take 28 days holiday a year, as in actually have the days off and not come into work. I've got 4 left to take before the end of next week. Sweet. Although I will be taking 2 next week and having 2 carried over to the first 2 days back after Christmas. Extra long Christmas holiday.

To make matters even better we also build up added holidays, since we work a stupid amount of hours. These extra days/hours don't have to be taken, but can be payed out instead. Someone mentioned that this extra holiday I've built up works out to about £500. Extra large January paycheck it is then. Score.

Long story short: unexpected paid days off and large sum of money. Win.

Also, I think RedBubble have sent me another cheque.

Also, also, my Final Fantnazi coat came today. Today is fucking incredible.

Edited by Goafer

I've just gobbled 2 entire "Big Sharing Pack"s of Pringles, a bag of Haribo, a large Milky Way and drank 1.25 litres of Coke. And you know what -- I feel great. NOM NOM.

I'm violently & chemically happy. I've never emotionally ate before; it feels good :)

When our products do well, it's a boring work thing but when stuff people have poured a shed load of effort into goes well it's a really really nice feeling. I love getting to report good news back to the company - makes it all worthwhile :)

6% is pretty fucking accurate for lazer tag.

When we went last week we were all between 15-25% - I was surprised how accurate I was because I wasn't having to worry about ammo and reloading like I do in FPSs! Even my met who does clay pigeon shooting for Scotland only got around 20%.

I can't get in to my lab because they're re-doing the floor outside, and the technician i wanted to speak to isn't in today, so i can't do any of the work i wanted to do today.

Technically this should go into the bad stuff thread, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

it's fucking Christmas!!!!!!!! So i don't care about anything any more.

I always wondered whether i'd met anybody from here in real life. Maybe i have? As far as i know, no-one on here goes to the same Uni as me, but i suppose there are other avaenues of meetment.

Managed to get nearly all my Christmas shopping done, all I have to get now is some chocolates for my landlord and housemate.

It's been really easy this year, specially as I don't usually buy for some many.

I've also had I think about 3/4 different offers on renting a flat with different people at work, but I need to see how it goes with probation and stuff first.

Had my first works Christmas party in 2 years yesterday, and it was an overral great night out. Out of 13 people on the team, only 5 came out. Everyone else either had other plans or couldn't make it for what-ever reason.

Started at 5pm in Weatherspoons with a steak and beer deal (£7.50), had a few beers afterwards contemplating where to go next. Decided to go to the pub across the way. Did call a few others see if they wanted to come out, alas 1 extra person arrived later on. Should have caught the last train home, but was pursuaded by 1 of the team and our friend to stay later. Some of the team had gone home earlier in the evening. Didn't leave the clubs until 2am, and thats only because we had work in 8 hours.

As it was 2am, 2 of us crashed at our friends house (they also work in the same place) and crawled into work @ 10am. Havn't been home since Tuesday morning, and am in need of a shower.

Not feeling work today though, should have called in sick.

[..]

To make matters even better we also build up added holidays, since we work a stupid amount of hours. These extra days/hours don't have to be taken, but can be payed out instead. Someone mentioned that this extra holiday I've built up works out to about £500. Extra large January paycheck it is then. Score.

[..]

Don’t you pay more taxes when you have it payed out like that, as opposed to just taking the holidays? (But perhaps you don’t care)

Don’t you pay more taxes when you have it payed out like that, as opposed to just taking the holidays? (But perhaps you don’t care)

Probably yeah, but it was money I wasn't expecting so I guess anything is a bonus. It's not like I can take it now anyway, it's a bit late and I'm not sure that I can carry it over.

Girlfriend was in the newspaper today, absolute LOL at the one of the 'princess' line in it.

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news/9419262.Cradley_Heath_graduate_prepares_for_Peruvian_challenge/

It's to do with a volunteering thing she's doing for a few months as of january. If anyone of you has a spare minute to donate even a quid or so, hit that link and the details are on there. It all goes to a good cause.

On an unrelated note, it looks like I'm going to finish my lab report (due in for Friday) really early (hopefully by tomorrow morning) so I can go out tomorrow night :D Being organised has finally paid off.