Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I had sampling today, which is just keeping track of how I'm doing at work, the past couple of weeks I've been getting 98% and today I got 99% and 98%. I only need an average of 97% by the end of the month and my response times are higher than they should be too.

Although they've still not told me whether I'm staying, I'm not holding hope, but damn I'm going to leave some fucking impression for them to be sad for me to leave.

Played some of the best golf I've ever played yesterday 9I'm not very good, but still a beginner). Only played once before in the last two years (two weeks ago). Managed to beat that score by 16 strokes (on a 9 hole as well). I also got a par (never done that before) and managed to beat my dad (who's played golf loads before, I've played about 7 times). I could have done even better as well, because half way along the 4th hole we got torrential rain for about ten minutes. I was wearing jeans and a knitted jumper, not good when wet. Even my boxers were soaked. For the next three holes I couldn't swing because my jumper was so wet. But then it dried out a bit and I started doing well again.

I R WIN.

--------

Been looking for a job this week (loadsz/badly) applied for JSA two days ago (so got a call about my interview arranged for Monday this morning. Found fuck all jobs. Literally not even any to apply for for a joke.

Anyway, just got a call from a dude, who seemed to like me about an upcoming financial telephone based role (i.e. I'm perfect) in Aylesbury. So that sounds reasonably promising. I will laugh as it'd be 50% of my job roles I will have been head hunted for. LULZ.

However, I'll blatantly need a car. Sister owes me £1000 and I might see if I can get a short term loan from mon papa if I do get it. But...well early days yet, I don't even have an interview yet. :p

Whooooo, last class. Everrrrrrrr!

Unless of course I decide to study something else at some point in my life. =P

But yes, last class. Now one more week left with exam, assignments, talks and a paper. Then I'm freeeeee!

Also, finally found back a pair of shoes that had gone missing for a while. Seems someone put them in my sister's closet, grrrrr. Happy to have them back! =)

I just finished my last exam in high school today (I realize high school means something different in different parts of the world so, I'll be going to University next year if that helps to determine what I'm talking about), its good to finally be done.

yess I have new short hair. Although I just squished it all with my cans.... headphone hair... not good :p

I'm planning birthday drinks ALL BY MYSELF for the first time ever. Sounds weird but I was never interested in pubbing all that much, just shows what difference fun people make :3

and we're potentially getting a kitten this weekend :D

Well, first week of work nearly over. Overall, it's great. People are friendly, easy to get along with and i'm having a great time overall. After yesterdays slight "hiccup", which i explained in the "bad stuff thread", everything has been sorted out (except the 8am Saturday starts, still to be sorted a little). Which is all good now, and i can have the weekend to myself without worrying about anything.

Oh, and i also joined the Union as well. Get 6 months free membership, and they listened to my issue with Saturday 8am starting, with me being 15 minutes late. They said as i informed the staff i'd be late every Saturday shift i work, and they know i am limited to public transport and still took me on. They said if i am sacked, it would be unfair dismissal.

Edited by Jimbob

This is the best thing I've seen today.

Go, Dolph!

If that's not going to be remade into the opening credits for Expendables I'm going to be a sad panda.

Quick bit of research:

Lundgren was one of three hosts for the 2010 Melodifestivalen, where the Swedish contribution to the Eurovision Song Contest is selected. In the first installation on February 6 Lundgren co-hosted the competition together with comedienne Christine Meltzer and performer Måns Zelmerlöw. Lundgren's appearance was hailed by critics and audience, particularly his rendition of Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation"

Why the fuck didn't they bend the rules to get that song in? Would've been a landslide victory for He-Man naturally.

Finished the assessment version of my animation (as it has to be in tomorrow). All that needs to be added for the DVD version is some special effects I've pretty much done but didn't really had the time to composite them in. Had major sound woes most of the night but finally got it all to slot together and I think it's all worked out nicely. Left After Effects rendering overnight as they kicked us out so really hoping it will have actually worked. If not I'm going in early anyway.

And I saved someone's life :awesome: (as she was getting on the bus she slipped backwards and I managed to catch her, but the height/distance from the curb would have been quite a bump)

Incredible day.

- Wake up to see a...frankly...fucking INSPIRING LEGO model. (Made a thread.) most inspiring model I've seen since the Blacktron II CS (http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smartiac/Mmmmmmmocs/Space/BlacktronII/packed/img_1937.jpg)

- Went down town. Was sad/happy as I saw that Alien Conquest LEGO I've posted a few times. Can't afford it yet but it feels great to be able to go in my own town and get them all in a shop instead of having to trek to MK or get from LEGO.com! (When I do have the funds/job)

- Man in GAME not only called me a "really nice guy" (compliment enough in itself) but then gave me the pre-order gold case because of it. :D

- Green Lantern was awesome, especially because I was so dreading it being bad after the reviews.

- Epic meal. Even more epic was when I walked in (with Claire) and asked for a "table for 1" :p Had a Tre Gusti with Extra mozzerella (as detailed the other day).

- Home. Made great GL review video, that has already reaped praise (early bird catches the worm get)

- 30 minute phone convo with one of my best friends about GL.

- Exhausted/full/emotionally elated.

Blow me out to sea for I can finally clear my shed.

Edited by ReZourceman

Assessment day! Unfortunately not as relieving as it should be as we still have to (or should say can, but will) hand in a copy for the show reel DVD on Wednesday morning so another few days of work. But it was nice to see everyone's stuff! Some great things :)

And bento lunch! Necco on Exmouth Market if anyone is around there. £5 for main, side and rice and it was awesome :D