N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

After a crushing constructive criticism bitch slap yesterday which basically said "this won't work unless you get a child to narrate it" (which was the plan and my lecturer's child did it but he was so obviously bored it became tedious) Odwin and his daughter have saved the day! They kindly narrated the story and sent it to me and its awesome and downright cute. Just cut together the sound (awkwardly using Premiere as I didn't have Soundbooth) and will fine tune it using Soundbooth when I can but I'm glad this whole thing is back on track :D

No drunk post like last time though :heh:

Rather than assuming you mean no drunk post at all (which is lame) I'll assume you mean an even better(drunker?) drunk post! In all of the boards!

I don't think anyone would hold it against you....Unless you're into that.

And for some reason it is not in the gallery thread. I R SAD.

Will upload my Rhino tomorrow. My friend took a picture on her iPhone. hip.

Coloured in the bird it isn't as good. Was going for different shades of blue but the pencils are cheap and rubbish I need to invest in some good ones. :D

Rather than assuming you mean no drunk post at all (which is lame) I'll assume you mean an even better(drunker?) drunk post! In all of the boards!

I don't think anyone would hold it against you....Unless you're into that.

Well, I'm afraid there was no drunk posting. I was too busy playing beautiful music :grin:

I've also made a personal pact - I'll never drink again - I'd say why but the "Good Stuff" thread isn't exactly suitable :p

Haha, I do that too, I love sneaking things I'm interested in into essays :D What art history topic are you writing about?

Well technically the module is called 'Art History' but this term/last term was Post-Modernism, and I chose a question abut youth cultures affecting design and taste. So basically not art. :p

But I talk at the end about how though punk is dead, his influence led to the acceptance of the 'perverse' in the mainstream, as punk became as much a commodity/sellable brand as any other subculture before it. (unfortunately for punks) In particular stage costume for performers, and then mentioned how S&M was a no.1 hit by a young female singer - perhaps this was only possible due to punk opening the floodgates of indecency blah blah.

I also mention Ke$ha in the conclusion. Lel.

After waking up and realising I'm not Ellmiester I thought today is going to be a good day

I also found out I got 67,68,66 in my last three essays I handed in. All were written around the time my Grandad died.

love you really ell

Well done, a nice 2:1 there!

I've finally got portal 2 working, I bought it a few weeks ago and got that stupid DEP situation that they've still not fixed (something to do with one of their files and it conflicting.) I gave up and was ready to start having to play it illegally after forking out £30. But I've found it works on my laptop.

Woo.

Technically it's the class of honours you recieve - first, second or third (or none on some courses), and second class honours is divided into two ("upper second class" or 2:1 and "lower second class" or 2:2). Usually the percentage system is designed so that first = 70%+, 2:1 = 60-69%, 2:2 = 50-59%, third = 40-49%, pass (i.e. no honours) = 30-39%, and fail = less than 30%.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Over here you need to get 50% or more to pass. If you can't even get half of the points on your course, then you're really not very good at what you're doing...

Just doesn't make sense to me. Over here you need to get 50% or more to pass. If you can't even get half of the points on your course, then you're really not very good at what you're doing...

Well a third isn't considered very good anyway. And most employers won't take anything less than a 2:1 (so 60%)

I got 99% on a module once. Shame it was first year so doesn't count.

Was that for like a mathematical module where you either get it right or wrong? That's able to be given high marks, but many modules being exam/essay based you will struggle to get higher than 80%. I don't think I know anyone who has achieved that.