Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Seasons

Murr

I've searched, and there was a thread with this title but it was created in 2006.

Basically.... Seasons... which one do you prefer?

I know alot of people will choose the obvious Summer, Dont get me wrong i love Summer for alot of reasons.

However My favourite is Winter - not just cause of Christmas :grin: but because i like the fact that it's dark by 5pm, so when you go home you shut the curtains 1st thing.

I like it that it's cold outside so the heating is on in the house, and the fire is on.

I like it if it's raining outside when your on your way home, so the minute you step out of your car, you make a dash to your house, then once your there you can dry up, get changed and just not have to worry about going out again untill the next day.

I like it when the mornings are frosty as you can walk on the grass and here it crack under your footsteps.

The excitement that Christmas is approaching ;) and the feeling i get when shopping for Christmas presents thinking "oh man Dad's gunna think thats amazing" or "i cant wait for my sister to open this!"

The days when it's really clear but cold... so you've got Blue sky, the sun is shining all though not effecting the temperature, so it's still cold enough to blow and 'see your breath'

yeah thats me.. corny, but love it. how about you guys / girls?

I don't mind winter - when I was at Uni in a rented house we decided to save money and to have the heating on one hour a day (purely to stop the pipes freezing), so I'm now pretty used to the cold.

Autumn is when everything starts to turn ugly, and it doesn't really have any redeeming features whatsoever.

Spring is when everything starts to warm up, and the world outside starts looking nice.

Summer...it depends on the summer. I hate hot, dry summers. I prefer the rain. As much as I complained about it in work to seem "normal" (although none of us at work really qualify as "normal"), I enjoyed walking home in the rain the other day.

Spring is maybe my favourite, it's kindled with excitement and anticipation for summer. Summer I do love, but we have the inevitable problems of days that are far too hot, too many things happening and thus things don't happen, and just the biggest disappointment as it sort of ends without you realising or seeing it out properly. Autumn nights are always kind of...I dunno, nostalgic for me for some reason, walking around at 6 when it's getting dark and a little wet but not too cold, heading out somewhere, I think I must have been out alot in autumn as a kid, it really rings something with me sometimes.

IMy favourite is Winter - not just cause of Christmas :grin: but because i like the fact that it's dark by 5pm, so when you go home you shut the curtains 1st thing.

I like it that it's cold outside so the heating is on in the house, and the fire is on.

I like it if it's raining outside when your on your way home, so the minute you step out of your car, you make a dash to your house, then once your there you can dry up, get changed and just not have to worry about going out again untill the next day.

I like it when the mornings are frosty as you can walk on the grass and here it crack under your footsteps.

The excitement that Christmas is approaching ;) and the feeling i get when shopping for Christmas presents thinking "oh man Dad's gunna think thats amazing" or "i cant wait for my sister to open this!"

The days when it's really clear but cold... so you've got Blue sky, the sun is shining all though not effecting the temperature, so it's still cold enough to blow and 'see your breath'

yeah thats me.. corny, but love it. how about you guys / girls?

High-five! This is exactly why I love Winter the best. Couldn't have put it better. While I like the other seasons, nothing can compare to a cold winters night, tucked up inside, sitting by the fire, wearing a Christmas jumper and drink hot chocolate.

Summer. I can wear a t-shirt. Cycling is more fun. The sunsets and sunrises last much longer. Doing stuff outdoors is generally much more pleasant. It's just a joy to be outside.

There's nothing like sitting and drinking with friends outside until the sunrise without feeling too much of a chill.

I love summer for all the obvious reasons, but I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding winter, Murr. Very nice descriptions as well, I could almost feel it. :)

Another type of weather I love that's luckily not seasonal is rain. Especially heavy downpours when you can just sit indoors with a nice cup of cocoa and a good book and listen to the rain outside. Sometimes it's even lovely walking outside in the rain in only a t-shirt and some jeans. Just the sensation of the rain on your body, soaking your clothes - wonderful! This works best in the warm summer downpours, though.

I used to love winter, but last winter I got really down, think I had S.A.D or a similar thing. I still appreciate it as a season though.

Summer is overrated. But then heat gives me headaches. Sun is always nicer than I expect it to be though. I also like how (up here anyway) when it rains in Summer, it's really nice rain.

Rain's my favourite thing.

I used to love winter, but last winter I got really down, think I had S.A.D or a similar thing. I still appreciate it as a season though.

Summer is overrated. But then heat gives me headaches. Sun is always nicer than I expect it to be though. I also like how (up here anyway) when it rains in Summer, it's really nice rain.

Rain's my favourite thing.

I Like it when it rains in summer, so it could be days of heat, drys the roads up, then when it rains you can smell it once it hits the curbs and stuff. really nice summery smell!

Spring is my favourite because the temperature is just right, it's sunny and everything's lush and green.

Autumn's OK. It's a tad melancholy, but I start to feel more like myself when it comes around.

Summer and Winter are the extremes. In the former, everything dries up and it's too hot, even with minimal clothes. In the latter, the relentless darkness grates, and whilst I normally just put on a jumper if it's cold, it got really freezing early this year.

I'm a fan of winter.

I don't like summer, purely on that my pale English skin burns too easily, I find the heat too much to handle and too uncomfortable in the day. You can't sleep at night cos it's too hot and blurgh. You can never seem to cool down unless you're constantly standing by a fan or in a cold shower. Horrible. What I do like is that everyone seems to be happier, people enjoy the outside world more and the ladies wear less clothes.../perv.

In winter, yes it's cold but you can wrap up and get nice and warm. In doors you can get nice and toasty and snuggle up to the missus and have a nice hot drink. We also usually have some sort of snow which is awesome! I do really like winter, the bad weather and coldness doesn't bother me. Infact I prefer it to the hot sticky summers.

aw! Poor Autumn. Definitely my favorite season. The temperature is stunning, as it's just right and generally in Ireland we get more sunny days in autumn than summer :P

Also, how can anyone not find the colours of leaves just amazing in Autumn. The best part is walking along a street and hearing the *crunch* *crunch* as you stomp on dry leaves :)

I like winter when at Uni, or on holiday, because back home my parents NEVER put the heating on in the morning, so getting up is a bitch, putting me in a rotten mood all day. My appreciation of winter has increased many fold since going to New York City just after New Year - seeing clear blue sky whilst feeling of crisp air on my face reminds me of being in that awesome, awesome city. :smile:

My heart, however, belongs to summer. I love a nice, warm day with beautiful weather. Few things make me happier. This is why I'm moving to Rome.