Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Branded Clothing (and clothes in general)...

Goron_3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to be fussed on the branded clothes, that cost £30+ for 1 item. I don't see a point of that, when you can buy things that look like the expensive stuff at around 1/2 or more than the price of 1 item of the expensive stuff.

I recently bought 2 T-Shirts and 2 sleeveless tops for £30, which is good value to be fair. I did spend £30 on jeans once.

Think the only well known brands of clothing I have are some Ed Hardy T-shirts and some Kurt Muller stuff. Although I will say I didn't pay the £100 plus price that the Ed Hardy T-shirts cost and never would (TK Maxx can be absolutely brilliant for finding stuff at times :D). But they were still pretty expensive, as we the Kurt Muller stuff.

I don't go for specific brands. The main thing I go for is whether I like the look of it or whether the design is interesting enough (but the number of hideous tribal stuff turning up on stores shelves is ridiculous. Designers don't know when to stop with a design with some of the stuff I've seen). After that, as long as it fits I'm fine, which can be a right pain for me when getting trousers as I have long legs but a skinny waist and it seems companies don't compute this configuration.

I do find it strange, however, that some of the big brand name stuff I've bought hasn't lasted nearly as long as some of the cheaper things I've bought. For example, I bought a £10 pair of trainers that lasted me longer than my pair previously and I'm still wearing them now, after about 18 months. Crazy.

That looks like it, yes! If not, it's a verrry similar one. :D

Weird to see someone else wearing it. What do you think of it? How much did you pay?

I think I paid about £80 as well. I've always liked it. Had a few compliments about it. I was wearing when I fell off my moped and it barely had any damage to it at all.

This summer I've bought a checked coat from next for £40 (reduced from £80) and a grey Ben Sherman coat for £28.50 (reduced from £95).

Summer is definitely the best time to buy coats.

I think I paid about £80 as well. I've always liked it. Had a few compliments about it. I was wearing when I fell off my moped and it barely had any damage to it at all.

This summer I've bought a checked coat from next for £40 (reduced from £80) and a grey Ben Sherman coat for £28.50 (reduced from £95).

Summer is definitely the best time to buy coats.

Same, I love my coat. It has lost a button though, so I need to fix that. Yeah, I've had a few compliments about it as well. The only issue is that I bought it in a smaller size when I was skinnier. Now that I've put on some weight, it does feel tighter. :(

Damn foresight! or lack of it. I'm looking for a new one at the moment.

Same, I love my coat. It has lost a button though, so I need to fix that. Yeah, I've had a few compliments about it as well. The only issue is that I bought it in a smaller size when I was skinnier. Now that I've put on some weight, it does feel tighter. :(

Haha I'm in the same boat. But due to my shoulders getting broader more than my weight gain. TBF I did buy it about 3 years ago I think.

I like the sales because you can sometimes pick up a bargain Although in the "plus size" shops the only stuff left is like a size 32 or size 8 shoes! (yay for being a size 8 :P)

I don't like spending a lot of money on clothes, I don't really care that much about clothes. I wear whatever fits. Shoes are pretty important to me, I'm replacing my trainers a lot now going to the gym, but thankfully the gym comes with a 10% jjb discount! I buy the expensive ones with removable insoles, and I also buy performance insoles... because my feet are an arthritic disgrace :P

I'd probably like clothes more if I was a size 8 and could get away with the insane clothes I dream of wearing! *sigh* :P

and cotton traders is really good for the basics, like polo shirts and fleeces! (also good quality AND reasonably priced!)

I get some branded stuff, mainly because it looks and fits great. I don't care about the brand really.

I have a couple of lyle and scott polos merely because they fit so well on me.

All saints are amazing Nightwolf, I wouldn't say they were particularly branded though, since the clothing doesn't have their name written on it so publicly (as far as I'm aware?). I couldn't wear a whole outfit of them, its too much, but a t-shirt or cardigan etc would look good yet not like I'm purposely going for the old retro look.

I don't buy from topman any more merely because half of it looks crap and the other half everyone else has one. I don't want to look exactly the same as everyone else, that's boring.

I don't buy from topman any more merely because half of it looks crap and the other half everyone else has one. I don't want to look exactly the same as everyone else, that's boring.

Well you already look like the fifth ugly member of McFly that was dropped to increase sex appeal so...

Whenever I'm in All Saints, I'm always in awe of a possilbe reality where I wore all their stuff and had better life for it.

I really like the idea of fashion (not labels, actual interesting fashion), but never really bother with getting nice clothes, mainly cause trendy clothes are all skinny now, and I generally don't see myself as anything other than (/I am) a lump (relative). I have the most ridiculously shaped-body for a guy. I have huge, womanly hips, meaning trouser-buying (or lack thereof) is a depressing experience, and some trousers that'll be a certain waist will fit, while some that are a bigger size in general won't. I dunno why. Trouser measurements just lie to me. Trousers and I just don't fit for like 80% of pairs I try on. Partly why I wear shorts most of the year-round unless I have to. [/trouser/body rant]

I wear quite expensive clothes, I just find I have more confidence In myself when I wear them. Not all my clothes are branded though, I have everything from a £3 Georgie T shirt to a £90 All Saints shirt in my wardrobe.

I get most of my clothes tailored after I buy them so they are a perfect fit, that can be quite costly too :(

Edited by Caris

I love this chrome app that automatically changes currency, makes everyone here seem so precise.

I wear quite expensive clothes, I just find I have more confidence In myself when I wear them. Not all my clothes are branded though, I have everything from a 3.62€ Georgie T shirt to a 108.72€ All Saints shirt in my wardrobe.

All saints are amazing Nightwolf, I wouldn't say they were particularly branded though, since the clothing doesn't have their name written on it so publicly (as far as I'm aware?). I couldn't wear a whole outfit of them, its too much, but a t-shirt or cardigan etc would look good yet not like I'm purposely going for the old retro look.

I love all saints that much I can tell if someone is wearing it a mile off, haha, although it's the same with other high street brands, I'm pretty sad, maybe I should have taken fashion design..

R_A, you can wear exciting stuff you just need to get something that fits well, I also find tailoring is the best thing a woman can do for herself if she gets the right fit, it looks awesome and can look incredibly sexy! Have you tried evans for plus sizes? I went in there with my mate the other day and they have some swanky stuff (I always get evil eyes even though I'm 14 on my jeans, evil people.), I'm sorely tempted to get the pocket watch necklace they had actually..hmm.

Don't care where it's from or how much it costs (well to a certain extent, not gonna spend £50 on a t-shirt). I also couldn't care less if it's one of those tops that "everyone else" is wearing.

If I like it I'll buy, who cares what anyone else thinks.

I love all saints that much I can tell if someone is wearing it a mile off, haha, although it's the same with other high street brands, I'm pretty sad, maybe I should have taken fashion design..

R_A, you can wear exciting stuff you just need to get something that fits well, I also find tailoring is the best thing a woman can do for herself if she gets the right fit, it looks awesome and can look incredibly sexy! Have you tried evans for plus sizes? I went in there with my mate the other day and they have some swanky stuff (I always get evil eyes even though I'm 14 on my jeans, evil people.), I'm sorely tempted to get the pocket watch necklace they had actually..hmm.

Yeah if I was in town that's mostly where I go. Evans are extremely generous in sizes (I remember a 24 in H&M being the equivalent to about a 20 in evans) but they are oddly designed...

I'm bigger round my middle than my legs, so I end up having to buy bigger sizes! With my bowels the way they are tight clothes around my tum are excruciating so I'm stuck with really baggy clothes at the moment.

If I can miraculously get a pair of jeans to fit they always end up being warped/shrunk after a wash and its really annoying :P

I remember one of the first times I went to evans, everything was black, basic and simple (I wasn't really annoyed by this tbh) but now its a completely different story. It's like people actually care about "fatshion" these days :P

Yeah if I was in town that's mostly where I go. Evans are extremely generous in sizes (I remember a 24 in H&M being the equivalent to about a 20 in evans) but they are oddly designed...

I'm bigger round my middle than my legs, so I end up having to buy bigger sizes! With my bowels the way they are tight clothes around my tum are excruciating so I'm stuck with really baggy clothes at the moment.

If I can miraculously get a pair of jeans to fit they always end up being warped/shrunk after a wash and its really annoying :P

I remember one of the first times I went to evans, everything was black, basic and simple (I wasn't really annoyed by this tbh) but now its a completely different story. It's like people actually care about "fatshion" these days :P

Ah that's poo, it's always one way or the other! Haha. You'll find the tall sections of places are now very much about wearing just black, it's irritating!

I quite like next for jeans, just because they do leg lengths long enough for me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!