N-Europe

Shaving (men and women)

Brian Mcoy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

I think my groin was quite hurt with it being called ugly.

Let me put it this way. Have you seen Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay? If so, do you remember the bottomless party they go to? At the end of the scene their buddy stands up to show that he's participating....it's a rather revolting sight of a tangled messy mass of short and curlys.

Like what one might pull out of a clogged drain.

Shaving is a paaaaain. I usually just leave the chin and moustache area alone, and have to sort of do my cheeks/growover from my sideburns. I'm convinced my facial hair is incredibly weird in the way it grows. Having said that, I trimmed the beard and the curly round bits of the moustache the other day, the apt term someone used of hand-eye-mirror-co-ordination was a very good one, it's hard to scissor in the mirror! As for my method, it's usually a bit of water and foam, or no foam if I don't have/being quick, and a cheap two blade razor from somewhere, does me fairly fine.

I trim the downstairs bit from time to time, but otherwise all the other hair on my body is left untouched!

I pluck long nose-hairs occasionally. I dread the day when my nose looks like it has a broom stuck up it...

Oh, and by pluck I mean with my BARE HANDS, all manly n' stuff. Ahem.

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doubleghost

• 2 months later...
Where did you get waxed, out of interest?

"Male intimate area" (as its marketed :heh:) which basically consists of the pelvic region / the front (minus actual cock/balls).

Also, are you/were you mega hairy beforehand? Or did you have these small, tiny, thin hairs?

I have quite dark, coarse hair. Not particularly hairy, but enough to kinda be like "CBA shaving, and would prefer to be less hairy and want to see what it's like".

I thought it was advisable to only shave those areas (and not a wet shave) and not wax because of the extreme itchyness that soon follows?!

I think shaving causes more itching than completely removing the hair. Hairs growing back that way are less coarse than the ones that grow back after shaving too (which have been cut off sharply due to your razor).

I don't think I feel itchy after epilating (never really done waxing as it didn't seem to work when I tried it on my leg).

Well I assumed it would be different for woman anyway because you shave far more regularly and from a younger age, I'd imagine the skin would get used to it after a few months of shaving.

But for a guy to go and get a wax having not had any previously, unless you are going to keep going regularly I wouldn't have thought it would be the best thing?

No, its the opposite. Shaving is itchy, waxing is not.
I know shaving is itchy, that's why I said not a wet/close shave. If you just shave it down however then it's not too bad.

I may participate in this Mowvember thing or whatever its called.

Out of generosity rather than laziness of course.

Movember. I did it a couple of years ago and can't recommend it. By the end of the month you feel like a freak. It was the first thing I'd mention to anyone I met for the first time. "hi, yeah this moustache is for charity, I don't normally look like this."

I may participate in this Mowvember thing or whatever its called.

Out of generosity rather than laziness of course.

Given it's only moustaches, if I participated in "movember", you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference.

No Shave November on the other hand, well that could prove to be a bit more interesting. I think by the time the month is up, I might actually have enough to cover my face even if it's the thinnest layer ever.

I guess I shouldn't moan about not really being able to grow facial hair - it's less maintenance for me at the end of the day.

Interesting though I doubt I could pull off a mustache/beard :p

Probably could do it though as I grow hair like there's no tomorrow :hmm:

I never get how it's something that is relished at as a kid yet once puberty hits people make fun of any facial hair.

Those are the thoughts that haunted me for the last few years, heh :laughing:

Plus it makes it look bigger. :)

Yeah, we know you need all the help you can get in that department. :wink:

Face, plus the odd neatening up from me. I have the most ridiculously hairy chest, but I'm told shaving that makes it come back thicker.