N-Europe

Journey

Choze

Another conference non show.

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PlayStation®Network titles flOw & Flower® are back with another title that challenges traditional gaming conventions. With Journey, thatgamecompany (TGC) continues its tradition of delivering simple gameplay and accessible controls in a rich interactive environment that invites players to explore and experience emotional chords that are still uncommon in video games.

An exotic adventure with a more serious tone, Journey presents TGC’s unique vision of an online adventure experience. Awakening in an unknown world, the player walks, glides, and flies through a vast and awe-inspiring landscape, while discovering the history of an ancient, mysterious civilization along the way.

Journey’s innovative approach to online play encourages players to explore this environment with strangers who cross their path from time to time. By traveling together, they can re-shape the experience – creating authentic moments they will remember and discuss with others.

KEY FEATURES

INTUITIVE CONTROLS AND EXPERIENCE –Players with differing skill levels and/or moods can experience the game at their own pace.

LUSH AND EXPANSIVE ENVIRONMENTS – Grand landscapes filled with dynamic sand and cloth. Fully simulated sand dunes ripple and slide as players move across them.

FRESH ONLINE ADVENTURE – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with

strangers that they meet along the way.

b5nyup.jpg

35dat7c.jpg

209myzd.jpg

w04c48.jpg

2ibey6o.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the look of the style but didn't feel the need to comment about it until I read this -

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1100163p1.html

It sounds amazing. I was going to quote the important parts from that but you should really read it all. Comes across as a really new and 'lovely' concept, and you can see from the pictures that it looks astoundingly mysterious and beautiful.

I liked the look of the style but didn't feel the need to comment about it until I read this -

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1100163p1.html

It sounds amazing. I was going to quote the important parts from that but you should really read it all. Comes across as a really new and 'lovely' concept, and you can see from the pictures that it looks astoundingly mysterious and beautiful.

That link has just sold it to me. I love the idea of meeting up with random people and having absolutely no clue as to who they are. I think it works really well with the whole lonely and insignificant theme of the game. Also the non verbal communication seems really interesting too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone seen the review on IGN about this.

It sounds amazingly incredible, and makes me regret not having a PS3.

But hey, ....You just can't play' em all.

The thing that struck me the most is that you can encounter other travelers, who are people behind their PS3s themselves, but can't talk to them or anything.

The reviewer said that he ended up going through the entire game with a complete stanger, and the communicated with eachother through certain attacks or commands or something.

Simply brilliant!

Once in a while a game comes out that reminds you why you love gaming in the first place. This is such a game.

Visually this game is stunning. STUNNING! The art style used along with the graphical capabilities of the PS3 makes for some amazing eye candy, add into the mix a moving soundtrack and you have a winner.

The developers have gone with the idea that less is better and it really works. From the simplistic art style and the quiet music, to the lack of combat and communication, everything about the game has been done for a good reason and it all pays off.

Excuse me while I start a second playthrough.

Freaking Fantastic.

Agreed, it's like nothing else I've ever played.

Had a great experience with it on my first playthrough. A couple of players drifted in and out of my game, ignoring my attempts at communication and co-operation. Then in the second level, I met up with a player and ended up sharing the rest of the game with him/her. Like me, I knew this was his first playthrough due to the way he was playing. After finishing the game, we obviously went our separate ways, and even though I knew nothing of this person, I felt a pang of sadness as the credits rolled. Who was he/she? Where did they come from? What language did they speak?

Great game very provocative.

I've decided to give this a miss rather than rush it tonight prior to Mass Effect 3. I will download it in a couple of weeks when I have more time. Give it my complete attention like it deserves. Nice to hear your words about it though. Is the plus exclusive dynamic theme any good?

I had another run through this last night and it was even more magical than the last time.

On my first run I didn't have a constant partner as people kept quitting out and being replaced with new people. A few levels into the game I met a guy who had changed the colour of his coat, which I didn't know you could do. Anway, we stuck with each other til the very end, while communicating all the while with simple button presses. I was quite sad when I had to leave him behind.

While playing the snow level I noticed that if you play in co-op you can give each other body heat. It was such cool revelation. :D

Fantastic game, that will be played again today. Just need to mop up a couple of more trophies.

Simply stunning.

This is why I love interactive media. The expression through so 'little' is what makes this spellbindingly beautiful.

I interpreted the game as a journey of life and everything that comes with it. Friendship is obviously there and other elements.

Superbly haunting and ludicrously sentimental. Thank God TGC know not everyone wants to play copycat action games.

Epic.

• 2 weeks later...

I read a review that a journalist friend wrote and he made it sound utter boring shite. Luckily at the end was a video for the first 10 minutes of the game. Looked awesomely sexy.

I want to get it but my PS3 is being a shit when it comes to connecting to the internet :( Helps!