Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Seriously Awkward Moments Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you weren't surprised when saying that out of context returned nothing but blank stares :indeed:

I wasn't surprised! :) Most people don't get what I reference which has lead to many awkward moments particularly when you shout...

STUPID LACK OF PUBLIC URINALS! :grin:

So, a bit like the confused silence on this thread then? :laughing:

...yes. :heh:

Aw, that's terrible!

At the start of uni. you're already on edge worried about making a fool of yourself, etc.

What happened after this?

I locked myself in my room for the next nine months as if I was back in my mothers womb, lying in the fetal position in an attempt to regain my innocence.

That or just made the usual laugh about it. :D I didn't really talk to my flatmates anyway.

I remembered something. I was talking with a friend couple at the university, and the subject of our architect teachers came up (we're studying Civil Engineering). Keep in mind that there's some animosity between architects and engineers.

The conversation was as follows:

Girl: That guy's classes are really annoying.

Me: Yeah, you can tell he's not taking his engineer students seriously.

Guy: It's him and every other architect. Architects are arrogant assholes, they should all get their faces fucked up, that would teach them. Also,...

[He continues on, badmouthing architects in general, saying how much he hates them, how much they deserve to die, etc all the while swearing whenever he can. When he finally stops...]

Girl: ...

Me: ...

Girl: ...Jonnas, isn't your dad an architect?

Me: Yes, yes he is.

Guy: ...Oh

[Awkward Silence]

It's true though. The number of stories I've heard or the things I've seen architects design and go on to completely disagree/ignore engineers or those actually making the damn building is just amazing. Some architects don't understand the structural side to building something so while they may have the most amazing design in the world, in some cases it isn't technically possible for it to be constructed.

Hell, I've been in one of those arguments when I was studying architecture, although I was trying to argue why it couldn't be built, and they really just don't get it.

It's true though. The number of stories I've heard or the things I've seen architects design and go on to completely disagree/ignore engineers or those actually making the damn building is just amazing. Some architects don't understand the structural side to building something so while they may have the most amazing design in the world, in some cases it isn't technically possible for it to be constructed.

Hell, I've been in one of those arguments when I was studying architecture, although I was trying to argue why it couldn't be built, and they really just don't get it.

There are architects like this, unfortunately. On one hand, it encourages engineers to find creative and practical solutions, but on the other hand, it can easily lead to pointless arguments.

But reasonable architects exist as well, of course. As far as I know, the only times my father ignored the engineer's advice was when he was certain it could work, and never something that could compromise the building's stability.

Way back in primary school between classes, 1 of the kids moaning to a mate about a boring teacher, "I hate him - he talks so slow."

English teacher shouts across the corridor "That's SLOW-LY PLEASE!"

Entire corridor has a wave of uncomfortable silence :D

Keep in mind that there's some animosity between architects and engineers.

Understatement of the god-damn century. The job of an architect is the build the impossible. The job of a civil engineer is to tell architects the difference between what lay-people call impossible and what is actually impossible.

One time an old friend of mine invited me round to his house out of the blue after I hadn't spoke to him for aaaaages(he's half guyanese on his dad's side) and they was having a thing at his for his cousin's birthday. Basically from the moment I meet him I just started cussing him out, in a half joking manner, why have I seen/heard from him in so long etcetc, just a constant torrent of friendly abuse as soon as I've arrived in his house, he goes round introduces to his cousin, his grandad, his other grandad, his dad, his brother. I'm still joking around with him, and I realise he hasn't introduced me to his mum and I'm all like 'Oh my god I can't believe you haven't introduced me to your mum she should have been like the first person you dick'.

'My mum died'.

Straight out with it, casual as day. My only even stupider reaction was disbelief kind of in a 'lolwut' sort of way. Then he went on to explain that it was really very true and that time before when he hadn't been around much and visiting the hospital alot was because his mum had cancer. Honestly, I felt like the biggest cunt right there and then, not to mention humungously awkward :(

One time an old friend of mine invited me round to his house out of the blue after I hadn't spoke to him for aaaaages(he's half guyanese on his dad's side) and they was having a thing at his for his cousin's birthday. Basically from the moment I meet him I just started cussing him out, in a half joking manner, why have I seen/heard from him in so long etcetc, just a constant torrent of friendly abuse as soon as I've arrived in his house, he goes round introduces to his cousin, his grandad, his other grandad, his dad, his brother. I'm still joking around with him, and I realise he hasn't introduced me to his mum and I'm all like 'Oh my god I can't believe you haven't introduced me to your mum she should have been like the first person you dick'.

'My mum died'.

Straight out with it, casual as day. My only even stupider reaction was disbelief kind of in a 'lolwut' sort of way. Then he went on to explain that it was really very true and that time before when he hadn't been around much and visiting the hospital alot was because his mum had cancer. Honestly, I felt like the biggest cunt right there and then, not to mention humungously awkward :(

Eek! I honestly wouldn't have liked to have been you then. Do you two still talk?

Not so much for me, but my ex lol. I was round hers, her mum was downstairs in the living room, which is right below my exs bedroom. So yeah we had some sex, then afterwards went downstairs to use the telephone. Then her mum said to her, "Was that Sprinkles running on her wheel?" (sprinkles is her pet hamster). "What?", "All that noise, was that Sprinkles? ;)" My girlfriend was mortified. I just kinda ignored it and got on with my phone call.

• 2 weeks later...

Gah! This is my 3rd time writing this message. It took me 20 mins to write it on my I-pod the 1st time and then I pressed the wrong button then my battery died. 3rd time lucky I guess.

Anyway, this is both embarrasing and awkward at the same time. Earlier this year I was in my Irish class. Beside me there is also quite a good looking fellow. When the bell went off we all went to our next class and as usual I was last to leave. When I looked where this good looking guy was sitting it turns out that he left his jumper. Long story short, I took the jumper because for some reason I thought it would be cool if I could, basically, wear a hot guys jumper. No idea why though. Anyway the next day my teacher talked about the missing jumper for well over 20 mins and this nearly happened every day for weeks. The rest of the class also made jokes about it. Of course during the entire time I was shaking violantly and constantly had those weird 'butterflies in my stomach'. One day my teacher jokingly accused me of taking it because everyone thought it was this other guy who was in front of me(which I felt pretty guilty about). Apparantly nobody thought it would be the shy and quiet guy. Soon my teacher threatened to look at the camaras so during one lunch I did bring it back as her room was purposely un-locked. I actually did it like 5 mins after lunch which was during our english so I was proper bad-ass for skipping some of my class and I went into the Irish room proper James bond style :P

so that afternoon I told her it was me but instead I told her that I took it because I thought I could find the guy and give it to him and that I took it home by accident. Strangely, I think she believed me but she didn't really talk to me as much after that.

So it was kinda aaawwwwkward...

Edited by Frank

Most awkward moment of my life was on holiday last week.

Let me give you the background.... First night we were there I got friendly with a girl, one thing to led to another and I ended up staying at hers that night. All was fine until the girls we were friends with next door to us in our hotel found out about this. They were (jokingly) calling me a slut all night. At the end of the night we'd all gone our separate ways and a few of my friends and I went to the chippy to get some food. On the way into the chippy I noticed the girl from the first night was there with some friends and also some of the girls from next door to us. We went in ordered food etc. Whilst I was waiting I decided to 'man up' and go and talk to the girl from the first night, so off I trotted and as soon as I went outside the girls from next door started talking very loudly about my antic from the first night. The girl was sitting right behind them and could clearly hear everything that was going on. D'oh. So not only did I not even get to talk to this girl then but was also totally embarrassed in front of her because these girls were talking about it far too loudly.

Ive been friends with this girl in college for a few months now. Everyone kinda took the piss out of her because she had an insane love for Michael Jackson and she was pretty fat. But me, being a big Michael Jackson fan and not being a shallow prick decided to go talk to her one day as she was sat by herself in the canteen (and there's surely nothing worse!)

Anyway, we ended up being quite good friends and hanging out fairly often which brings me to a few days ago. We were at a party and rather drunk she runs up to me and says "I love you!".

I just assumed, in her drunken state, that she was being overly friendly, like most people do, so I laughed and hugged her back. Then she suddenly went all serious and said "Josh, I like, really like you, I've liked you for months, your so funny and we have so much fun together, can't we perhaps take things further, be more than just friends?"

Then, shocked and confused, I wasn't quite sure how to put it, so I just said "Surely, after all this time, you know I'm gay right?"

"No" She says

"Oh" I say, then someone shouts me and says "WE NEED ANOTHER PERSON ON SINGSTAR!"

Saved by the Sony. I ran off to play Singstar and we haven't spoken since.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!