NEurope
ReZourceman

Seriously Awkward Moments Thread

I used to work at Waitrose. One day I walk out of the changing rooms (I worked on the delicatessen counter) I was walking towards the exit and saw some dude and the (crazy sexy) female manager of the store standing there. Turns out they were doing bag checks.

No worries, I thought. I of course had nothing to hide. Or did I? I opened my bag and started getting out the contents, grabbing each item and saying outloud what it was. "My spare phone....some comic books....bottle of water...."....and then I put my hand in and grabbed something. A shiver and cold shudder went down my back. I just remembered what I had purchased earlier that day. I got it out.

Durex-Play-Warming.jpg

"Ermm....some...lubricant." It was a small tube of Durex Play. Sexual lubricant. I was suitably mortified and quickly left.

On my school art trip to Barcelona I was in the worst room with the absolute arses. While they can be hilarious they talked ALL night and for some reason I COULDN'T block the noise out to go to sleep. Needless to say I was pissed off. Then there was a knock at the door, and of course everyone went silent (we all knew it was a teacher coming to tell us to shut up).

Continual knocking, no one gets it. Being the avatar of justice and all things proper in the world, eventually I grudgingly get up an answer it, and the teacher is just like "Yeah, can you guys be quiet" (he knew it wasn't me).

Then

a guy in my room pulled my boxers down.

I darted behind the door and just stood there. I don't even remember what happened after that.

I had the teacher the next year and the weirdness was always there.

I was on a school trip a few weeks ago. We had just arrived at the hotel, and we had an afternoon of free time. A friend of mine was going to meet me at my room and we were going to go find a place to eat, and perhaps browse around in a few shops. I was sitting in the room, reading, when I heard someone trying to get into the room. Thinking it was him, or one of the people I was sharing the room with, I went to open the door for them, as we had been having problems with the door keys. When I opened the door, one of the people I was sharing the room with, as well as his girlfriend were standing there, and lets just say, they looked incredibly disappointed to see me there. Before I could say "Oh, I was just leaving" (or had really realized what was going on, as these were probably the least likely people to risk getting sent home on the trip). He pretended he had forgotten something, grabbed some random thing from his bag, and they left.

First at week Uni, knock on a female flatmates door.

*knocks*

I've got the left for dead you asked for. :)

"Come in"

I walk in as she is coming out the shower, "errrr you said come in!"

No i didn't I said "I'M IN THE SHOWER"

Oh....

*backs out the door*

It gets worse retelling it later since Come in sounds nothing like I'm having a shower. :p

I was on a trip to amsterdam with college and it was time to get up. I got up and was talking to my mate for a good few minutes and then suddenly realised... I had morning glory.

I was just in my boxers so yes, it was insanely obvious :woops:

This isn't in any way sexual like all of yours but it was awkward

I went out with my then best friend and his girlfriend (third wheel and all). He decided to take this opportunity to break up with her but with the still be friends thing. We all then went and played pool. She was majorly upset and yet the three of us were playing pool.

Mega awkward

I have a 2nd gen iPod touch. My boss came to work showing off his fancy new iPhone 3GS. I asked if I could have a go to see what difference the extra processor power made to the whole experience. "Of course" he said and handed it over.

I decided to go to the Xpert11 page to see how quickly that rendered (it's always so slow on my iPod).

I hit the Safari icon and the google homepage came up. My plan was to do a google search for xpert11 as that is quicker than doing the whole address bar thing so I clicked into the search box on the google homepage.

Search history popped up and the first entry was "tits pics thousands."

I chuckled and pointed at it. Looked up at my boss, and he wasn't laughing. He quickly swiped it off me and the ensuing silence was deathly.

I did get to tell everyone else at lunch time though, so that's nice.

^ Haha.. shows him for showing off his iphone!!

I'm surprised noone's put forward a staple walking in story yet.. my then girlfriend and I had the unpleasant experience of thinking we were alone in the house, doing stuff in her bedroom probably relatively loudly, collapsing on the bed afterward and a second later

'*girls name* could you come downstairs'

Apparently her parents had gotten home a few minutes earlier. Didn't go round there for like a month afterward... great.

I was just in my boxers so yes, it was insanely obvious :woops:

*insert tiny penis joke here*

A friend of mine's housemate decided to spread around that I'd 'had relations' with another of their housemates (said 2nd housemate was way hot, and, whilst I would like to confirm these rumours, they sadly aren't true). I was entirely oblivious of this when I went round for pre-drinks on night, only for him to text me whilst I was out of the room. When you find the icy atmosphere in a room is something to do with you, random drinking small talk isn't as easy as it normally would be...

Edited by The fish

Brilliant stories :D Can't think of any of my own right now but I'm sure there have been plenty..

Well... my life seems boring compared to some of the stuff others claim as their awkward moments. Only awkward moment I can think of is when talking with friends on MSN, I was saying how much I detested the voice of some girl in our year. One my said 'friends' decided to text her there and then about it :nono:

The next day, I'm forced to work with her in a group thing at school. That was awkward. And that's about as awkward as I've had it. There must have been other instances but I genuinely can't think of them.

I'm surprised noone's put forward a staple walking in story yet.. my then girlfriend and I had the unpleasant experience of thinking we were alone in the house, doing stuff in her bedroom probably relatively loudly, collapsing on the bed afterward and a second later

Apparently her parents had gotten home a few minutes earlier. Didn't go round there for like a month afterward... great.

Aha, that's jogged my memory a bit. Thinking my Dad was out me and my girlfriend did pretty much the same thing, only to hear the window open downstairs()directly underneath my room) once we finished. We both looked at each other and the colour just drained from her face, she was so embarrassed. Safe to say we didn't go downstairs for several hours.

Mine's not nearly as interesting as most other folks but...

...my girlfriend and I went for dinner the other month. As we were sitting there, waiting for our food, this old story about how I'd gotten off with my mate came up in discussion (he's a bloke, we were drunk, it was a dare, I swear! lol). She was teasing me about it, suggesting that subliminally I had feelings for him and wanted more. After a few minutes of winding me up about it, I then blurted out "I do not have sexual feelings for Bob!".

I then turned to see an entire restaurant and the waiter looking at me. I just focused on eating my food after that. Plus my girlfriend had to pay for the meal on her card so I clearly looked like some gay friend of hers...

Haha... yes! Now I've remembered some properly awkward stuff.

First - I was 12 and lets just say I was looking at stuff I shouldn't have been and was still a computer noob at that point. Several days later, cue my parents going through the search history. A stern talking to was given. Yet I found this more funny than awkward. And clearly, so did my mother. Yet she decided to joke about it to the point where it did get awkward. She joked (or at least I hope so *shudders*): "What would you're father say if he found out I had been looking at the stuff you'd been looking at?" :wtf: I wanted to laugh but it was just so awkward I couldn't

Second - Had been going out with a girl for quite sometime. End up meeting one of her best friends while going to the cinema. Several hours later, the player inside me said 'Ask out the other girl!' And I said 'Sure thing!' Ask her out, after the initial WTF period, go out and bump into the girl I had been going out with/should be with. :laughing: Oops is all I have to say to that one.

I've got a reputation for putting my foot in it verbally. At work, one of the guy's father had passed away and the guy had inherited his car from him. Sitting at the breakfast table discussing cars and he's saying how he got it from him dad. I then proceed to ask what his Dad is driving nowadays. I knew his dad had died, yet it the horror didn't sink in until I had said the words.

Epic facepalm.

Mine's not nearly as interesting as most other folks but...

...my girlfriend and I went for dinner the other month. As we were sitting there, waiting for our food, this old story about how I'd gotten off with my mate came up in discussion (he's a bloke, we were drunk, it was a dare, I swear! lol). She was teasing me about it, suggesting that subliminally I had feelings for him and wanted more. After a few minutes of winding me up about it, I then blurted out "I do not have sexual feelings for Bob!".

I then turned to see an entire restaurant and the waiter looking at me. I just focused on eating my food after that. Plus my girlfriend had to pay for the meal on her card so I clearly looked like some gay friend of hers...

Baaha that's classic, reminds me of a similar thing - I had gotten off with a friend drunk (it was like, to get two girls to kiss so it was totally un-gay) and the next day at sixth form everyone knew. All of my teachers included. It somehow became this massive thing, many many thought I was actually gay / bi that day.

Then all my family found out through facebook and thought I was gay for a while. It did amuse me though.

Nowhere near as awkward as any of your stories but the only thing which comes to my head at the moment.

I'd recently broken up with my ex-girlfriend and a week or so later I was out on the pull again with a big group of mates. The next day a photo appears on Facebook off me kissing some random girl. I'm tagged in it but was out for the whole day so I didn't see it, but my family did, and so did my ex. The worst part? The datestamp on the photo was before we split up so my ex and my family thought I cheated on her. I hadn't, the camera was just set wrong. That took some explaining though.

I had a familar experience to that, it's embedded in my memory forever. Me and my then girlfriend were alone in the house and it was 2:00 so we decided to go upstairs for a bit and take advantage of being alone...quite loudly. Then all of a sudden, we heard a mass of laughing only to hear "OH MY GOD! *girl's name*, YOU DIRTY BITCH!" and a bunch of laughs, her sister and her friends had come home half an hour early. Her sister had a big mouth and told her parents.

The next time I went round her house, I had never felt so awkward in my life. We hardly talked, it took a couple of weeks til we got over it.

I've got a reputation for putting my foot in it verbally. At work, one of the guy's father had passed away and the guy had inherited his car from him. Sitting at the breakfast table discussing cars and he's saying how he got it from him dad. I then proceed to ask what his Dad is driving nowadays. I knew his dad had died, yet it the horror didn't sink in until I had said the words.

Epic facepalm.

A few similar experiences of mine:

"My mother will be in the ground before I do my own laundry" to a girl who's mother died when she was younger.

"That wasn't an accident, it was a suicide attempt!" to a friend who's girlfriend had attempted suicide the day before. At least I'm fairly sure that's what had happened, I didn't dare ask.

A friend of mine had a corker too:

I walked into a friends house to see everyone stood in the hallway:

Me: "This is odd. Oh my God, who's died?!" *jokingly*

Friend: "Your Mum"

*silence*

We were in the house of the friend whose Mum had died when she was younger. Suffice to say, she didn't see the funny side.

I feel like this post will be another embarrassing moment after posting it.

I was round a mates house and a bunch of lads and lasses were there.

Anyway, I was stoned out of my face and I was all paranoid and weird. One of my mates decides to chase me with a gun and for some reason I thought it was real and was actually going to shoot me.

So I ran up stairs and into the bathroom and decided to hide in the shower.

I then picked up what looked like a T-shirt and put it onto my head.

About five minutes later, one of the lasses decides to come up stairs and when she saw me she looked mortified as I didn't have a t-shirt on my head, I had my mates boxer shorts on my head.

I felt embarrassed as well, but that didn't stop me doing other crazier things.

I can't remember exactly what happened next, but I do remember hiding behind the sofa and no one could find me. I over-heard people talking and the women were actually scared, this was the first time I met them.

Yeah, pretty embarrassing looking back.

I'm a lot better now.

Edited by The Lillster

The fact I used to sing in public all the time, looking back on it, makes me cringe. Although, at the same time, I should be a famous singer, so its alright.

I used to sing every morning on the bus, and I wore headphones, so it was probably disproportionaly loud.