N-Europe

The Crisp Sandwich Diaries and other stories

Guy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once I was being reaaallly experimental, and tried a cheese and onion crisp toasty. (with a toasty machine)

It was rank, hahaha!

I tried that with Doritos once but they just went all soggy. I was gutted.

Or a crispy roll, like the one Raining uses in her picture. Loveeeely. Although for some reason we (maybe just my family) call them chip buttys or however you spell that word :p

In Glasgow we call a chip butty a roll with chips in it.

Crisps sandwiches are just...no. There's so many nicer things to make a sandwich with, but crisps....ergghhhhh.

I agree, bread isn't made to put crisps in it. Too nice to ruin it with that. Also, crisps and butter? D:

You people are weird. I don't think I could ever get used to UK food/culture if this is the stuff you guys like. >.>;

Man, I still to this day have a quiet little freak-out whever I see the truly odd foods in supermarkets - Cow tongue, anyone?

Haha that always freaked me out as a kid (still does but I rarely go into a supermarket). Especially how they would put the plastic label in the tongue, eww. And people eating stuff like liver and brains and things like that. D:

I've always wanted to try different animals. I'd love to try snake. Anyone know where (no I'm not going abroad) I can get some? (and no I'm not buying a snake and killing it.)

Haha that always freaked me out as a kid (still does but I rarely go into a supermarket). Especially how they would put the plastic label in the tongue, eww. And people eating stuff like liver and brains and things like that. D:

Liver tastes disgusting.

lol, just realised how potentially more disgusting it is after looking at your signature image. :p

I've tried liver a few times in various forms (paté, grilled, human, etc) and it's one of those foods which I cringe while I eat even though I think it's quite tasty! I'm a bit like that with prawns still, and used to be with tomatoes (!).

And crisps! Yes crisps. We have a topic and by jove I'm going to at least give it a wave.

I had two of these bad boys the other day. One for lunch, one for supper. It was a good day.

You can't beat good old Ready Salted for a crisp sandwich though. The fatter the crisp, the better. McCoy's Ready Salted therefore are the holy grail of crisp sandwich.

In my experience, butter is essential, otherwise it's too dry.

It's not essential, it's a necessity.

It does stop from being dry, yes. Above all else, though, it stops the crisps from falling out! Two birds, one stone!

I agree, bread isn't made to put crisps in it. Too nice to ruin it with that. Also, crisps and butter? D:

You people are weird. I don't think I could ever get used to UK food/culture if this is the stuff you guys like. >.>;

Flink...

Help her.

Flink...

Help her.

Well, we have to admit that the British diet (generalisation) isn't that great. Crisp Sandwiches, Fish 'n' Chips, our love for takeaways and kebabs. We could do to cut this stuff out, as it's not good for us. :heh:

Saying that, I love crisp sandwiches. Give me two pieces of nice, thick bread, smother it in butter and layer it with Walkers (Lays, for Ine) Pickled Onion crisps and I will be fat, but yet a happy man.

Don't knock it until you've tried it! lol.

Don't knock it until you've tried it! lol.

I hate butter and I'm not a big fan of crisps. I think I can safely assume this isn't my type of food. I prefer something a bit more "normal" on my bread. And possibly more healthy stuff too.

This thread has inspired me. We have a new loaf of bread, which is vital for the perfect crisp sandwich. Part of the pleasure from eating a crisp sandwich is biting down on the soft bread before getting to the delicious, crispy interior. Now, alongside the soft loaf I know for a fact there is a pack of Roast Chicken crisps in the cupboard that I might just pinch tomorrow. This makes for a tasty sandwich.

But I want more. I want to try something different. Everyone knows Cheese and Onion makes for the best crisp sarnie but...there must be a holy grail of crisp flavour that tops it? I want to find it. I need some interesting crisps.