N-Europe

Brittany Murphy (& Now Her Husband) Has Died

Dante

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of that list I've seen Sin City which I enjoyed but I don't recall which role Brittany Murphy played? Bruce Willis I remember obv but it just shows that while she was 'known' she still wasn't as well reknown as some film stars.

But regardless it is a shame, so RIP.

Edited by S.C.G

Out of that list I've seen Sin City which I enkoyed but I don't recall which role Brittany Murphy played? Bruce Willis I remember obv but it just shows that while she was 'known' she still wasn't as well reknown as some film stars.

But regardless it is a shame, so RIP.

She is the waitress in the bar, and later on she is the girl in the apartment where Jackie Boy is trying to get in. Basically where Clive Owens part of the film starts. The Big Fat Kill.

Edited by Nolan

While it may seem inappropriate to some, I'm of the belief that nothing is taboo when it comes to humour. As long as it's not meant in a bad way and people realise that. I think we need to be able to make fun of anything. It's a way of dealing with it.

That's how I deal with your mum, tbh.

I'd actually forgot she was in Girl, Interrupted, so good call there as it's a top film from what I remember; but I've seen clueless mentioned twice and I can't remember off the top of my head at all who she was in that?? Other than 8 mile I remember her for very little, except seeing her and always going 'huh, she's that one from 8 mile, maybe i'll watch this...or maybe i'll watch 8 mile...' but then I don't. That and thinking she's fit.

R.I.P Brittany Murphy. Too young! :(

8 mile, Clueless and Sin City were cool movies, Just Married was mediocre.

To be fair, it seems she usually had minor roles though.

Also of note she voiced Luanne on King of the Hill.....I have no idea how many of you may have watched that.

I do! I was also going to point that out but you beat me to it :D

I wonder who's gonna voice her now...

It is a shame when people die so young, but as mentioned earlier I have no personal connection with her so I feel mostly nothing. If someone I knew died at that age I would be upset, and I feel for her family and what not but mostly...indifference.

Dr. Cox: You see Dr. Wen in there? He's explaining to that family that something went wrong and that the patient died. He's gonna tell them what happened, he's gonna say he's sorry, and then he's going back to work. You think anybody else in that room is going back to work today? That is why we distance ourselves, that's why we make jokes. We don't do it because it's fun -- we do it so we can get by...and sometimes because it's fun. But mostly it's the getting by thing.

Video version

It's horribly jarring when this happens. I've seen Clueless, Just Married and Sin City and stuff. Strange to think she's dead...

It's different if it was Courtney Love or something. I lover her music, but it would make more sense?

Ugh. I hate hate hate death.

Reminds me of my sister she was 32 as well had a cardiac arrest but they managed to resucatate her only for her to be a coma for 2/3 months and then finally she died. :(

Feel for her family at what must be a terrible time. Only know her from 8 Mile and Sin City so not gonna pretend I was a massive fan or anything but still any young life is terribly tragic..

News coming in that her husband doesn't want autopsy to be done and she was found unconscious in the bathroom.

Reminds me of my sister she was 32 as well had a cardiac arrest but they managed to resucatate her only for her to be a coma for 2/3 months and then finally she died. :(

Feel for her family at what must be a terrible time. Only know her from 8 Mile and Sin City so not gonna pretend I was a massive fan or anything but still any young life is terribly tragic..

Sorry to hear about that Flameboy.

Edited by Dante

Aw, man.

*gives man hug*

That's really, really tragic.

I don't understand what would bring that on... very scary.

to be fair not everyone watches what seems to be mostly crap films

(no offence to her like)

Say whaaaaaattttt?!?!?!

Clueless, Girl Interrupted, Sin City and 8 Mile are not crap films.

Ahmen/Amen/I agree without referencing a God that doesn't exist(jokes, I'm sure he does if you like that sort of thing) to that.