N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

Well... I can't get in right now.  Says that the number of current online players exceeds the maximum supported by the game.

Not quite sure how they managed to have more players than expected, considering that they artificially capped the number of participants at 10,000, but there ya go!

BTW, something worth noting.  I took a cheeky look at the Intellectual Property Notices tab on the Home Menu and I reckon that this is an internally developed first party EPD game.  It has all the same tech notices as what the games made on EPD's own in-house engine tend to have (Immersion, Havok, FSR 1.0 etc), so it seems to be running on the same engine as the likes of BOTW, TOTK and Splatoon 3...

So whatever this is, it seems to be a proper EPD game!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Not quite sure how they managed to have more players than expected, considering that they artificially capped the number of participants at 10,000, but there ya go!

It's a Nintendo online thing. Are you really that surprised. 

• Haha 2

The test period doesn't start until Thursday at 2am so that's why we can't get on at the moment 

Definitely not what I was expecting, and probably not my kind of thing, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. It looks quite bare bones visually, I wonder if it will be a new IP or if the final version will be tied to one of their established franchises when it is formally revealed 

Either way I think it will be core to the Switch 2's online and social features, like a central social hub 

The final Sakurai on Creating Games video is now up!

Edit:

qXCl3DR.png

Sakurai confirmed that he started working on a new game in April 2022! That's insane that he was working on both the channel and his new game at the same time for two whole years! :o

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1