Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been following this, so I don't know what exactly is going on. That video doesn't look terrible at all. So, why is there so much secracy surrounding this? Why isn't more being done to actually drum up some anticipation for this?

It just seems very stupid to actually create a game which doesn't look half bad and then hide it from view of gamers who want to see it.

I can fully understand why Activision would have this policy for MW2 as it is a new game and they don;t want it all over the place ruining the plot and exposing secrets before it's out.

However MWR is a game that is going to be played because of the new controls not because of the plot, we all know what happens, the game has been out 2 years on other systems.

What's more, why activison hasn't released footage when it looks this damn good is beyond me. It does seem to be getting the internet talking though... I think this would have sold incredibly well had they promoted it.

I'll be getting it on release and I'm totally hyped for it.

EDIT:

Multiplayer videos:

Edited by Zechs Merquise

Anyone know what modes this has? Does it have Search and Destroy this time around?

May pick it up if so and I can get my lan connection working again

Ohh search and destroy is in it! What a shame there is no voice chat though really need team work for this. With 5 v 5 we could get a NE mini clan for matches. Although I take it theres no sort of party system at all lol.

Edited by Haden

This is supposed to be getting released on the 10th, like MW2, isn't it? Cause if that is correct and I believe it is, then GAME are breaking the street date as I saw it for sale on the shelves, price tags and all. Didn't buy it myself as it's not what I'm particularly wanting what with getting MW2 on Tuesday and wanting A Boy and His Blob but just a heads up to those thinking of getting it as it may be worth looking in GAME and seeing if it can be bought, as it looked like it could in the ones I went into.

It was on the shelf at my local GAME yesterday too. Meant to ask if they actually had it for sale, but it was very busy there, so didn't bother.

Gameplay posted mine yesterday, and I usually get it the next day, but this time they've posted it via Parcel Force, and they don't deliver on weekends :(

It's very nice of them to send it via a courier though, as it looked like it was only the MW2 pre-orders that were being upgraded. If there was going to be a Postal strike, it's somewhat comforting to know Wii owners weren't forgotten about.

If this gets some positive reviews then I will definitely be interested :smile:

I haven't really been into any FPS games since Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the N64. Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube was good, but since then I haven't played very many :eek:

I have Red Steel on the Wii and found it to be pretty good back then and didn't have many issues with the controls (though going back to it does prove a little trickier now :heh:)

Considering Call of Duty 4 is supposed to be so good on the PS3 and XBOX 360, I'm now starting to consider Reflex having not really been interested previously...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!