What would bluey do?

bluey

What SHOULD bluey do?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What SHOULD bluey do?

• Go to work! It's your duty!
    • Bunk off! It's your birthday!

Mmmkae...

So this weekend is my birthday (yay) ... But my idiot boss has rota'd me in for saturday even tho i asked for the weekend off MONTHS ago... When i asked him to change it if basically said "no. Sunday is your birthday not saturday. You're working." then he's swanned off on holiday for 2 weeks!

Anyhoo... Jamba has some surprise stuff planned and booked for saturday... So i'm thinking i should bunk off. Like.. Just not turn up.

What would you do?

More importantly... What should i do?!

I think Bluey would don her stitch hat and go give them the finger.

Or yes, scive off. Phone in "*cough cough* I'm sick *cough*" and hang up. From what you've informed me of that place this would be nothing compared to what everyone else is doing. Pluuuuus you're leaving soon.

Edited by Ashley

i should probably clarify;

i put it in the office diary like, the week i started working here...

and my bday is on sunday... but jamba has something planned for me for saturday (its a surpriiiiiiseeeee ^____^) which i do. not. want. to. miss.

but... yeah.

i'd really be leavig everyone in the lurch.

the question is... do i care?

::shrug:

i should probably clarify;

i put it in the office diary like, the week i started working here...

and my bday is on sunday... but jamba has something planned for me for saturday (its a surpriiiiiiseeeee ^____^) which i do. not. want. to. miss.

but... yeah.

i'd really be leavig everyone in the lurch.

the question is... do i care?

::shrug:

No. They have pissed around and done whatever the fuck they want for months (and took ages with my order!).

I have been in the same shoes as you, i booked it off with a form (kept a copy for myself) and it was signed by the boss. Then that week, he put me down for work on the days i had booked off. I presented a copy of the form with his signature on, which he stated that he could not find cover for my days off so i had to work.

Basically, it stated on the form that cover had to be found before signing and if the form was signed then holiday authorized. I basically took it off anyway, and took it further when he tried to enforce a written warning against me.

Skiving is a bad idea, it will get you in a lot of trouble. You just have to tell your boss that he can't make you work if you've booked a holiday months ago. If he still says no then file a complaint, but don't bunk off unless you want discplinery action.

ok decision made!!!

i'm bunking off - but in the best way possible for them.... i shall explain!

so i'm SUPPOSED to be working a double on friday... but since there's LOADS of front staff in on friday night (i'm opening friday morning) i'm going to tell whoever comes to relieve me on friday afternoon that im not coming back after my break 'cause i've been feeling ill all day but have soldiered on until now.

and that they should probably find cover for me for saturday as i feel VERY ill and might not feel better.

then i'll just call later on and tell them i'm definitely too sick to work saturday.

sick with the piggies.

2009-05-04.gif

edit: plus!!! i never get to be the irresponsible one.... ^___^ i wanna be a wild child!

ok decision made!!!

i'm bunking off - but in the best way possible for them.... i shall explain!

so i'm SUPPOSED to be working a double on friday... but since there's LOADS of front staff in on friday night (i'm opening friday morning) i'm going to tell whoever comes to relieve me on friday afternoon that im not coming back after my break 'cause i've been feeling ill all day but have soldiered on until now.

and that they should probably find cover for me for saturday as i feel VERY ill and might not feel better.

then i'll just call later on and tell them i'm definitely too sick to work saturday.

sick with the piggies.

2009-05-04.gif

edit: plus!!! i never get to be the irresponsible one.... ^___^ i wanna be a wild child!

Blueface, that's an awesome cover story! You've planned ahead, well done. :D

I was gonna come in and say I didn't want you to get in trouble. But, as long as you do this well and stick to eet, you should be ok. Enjoy your birthdayings.