NEurope

David.Dakota, I sent you a Friend Voucher, perhaps you could return the favour if you have some left....

---

If there is one thing that totally pisses me off EVERYTIME it happens in the Metroid Prime series, it has got to be doors not opening when you shoot them.

GOD DAMN DOES THAT PISS ME OFF!!!

It's not always a big problem when you have lots of health and have the patience to wait, say, 5 to 10 seconds before the door opens, but I experienced a sticky situation regarding this frustrating phenomenon of which I barely escaped.

The G.F.S. Valhalla in Prime 3; Loads of strangely electrifying Metroids and some weird Purple spider creature + doors which you open by pressing Samus's hand on a scanner made for a pretty dire situation.

I had little energy left after I escaped more of those purple spiders of which one usually goes phazon on your ass during me desperately grinding the door, which I had shot, hoping for it to open.....took the door probably about a minimum of 10 seconds....

Samus was nearing her death, and I needed to get to her Ship to save.

The FUCKING DOORS disagreed.:nono:

I got into the room with all those Metroids, quickly jumped down, lay Samus's hand on the scanner to open the door, and ....... quite right, at least 10 seconds.

Some Math:

10 sec. + 34 energy x 4 Metroids behind you = YOU DANCE IN FRONT OF THE DOOR LIKE THE NOBLE BOUNTY HUNTER THAT YOU ARE, WHILST DODGING ELECTRICITY OF BLOODY METROIDS, HOPING THAT THE DOOR WILL OPEN.:shakehead

It did.

Next thing I had to swing across a large gap, only to, yet again, lay my hand on a scanner, this time, whilst dodging one of those Purple Spiders. And wouldn't you know it, IT GOES PHAZON ON MY ASS!!!!!

Now I can't go into Hyper Mode, for it would more or less kill me, so I bunny hopped like in The Conduit online, and it finally opened.

I get the feeling that you have to be in just the right spot when you shoot a door in order for it to open at the time when you can walk through it.

Though I have also experienced shooting a door from a great distance, opening quite neatly when I arrived in front of it.

Is it

A. Completely random ?

B. One needs to be on the right spot when you shoot it ?

C. Hidden loading time ?!?!?!

Edited by Fused King

Hmm, yes. I know what you are talking about. It seems to me that they only open once you are near them, so even if you shoot it from across the room it won't open until you get there, and they only open once the other room is loaded. So if the next room takes a while to load you will have to wait at the door. This is why I always shoot the doors from far away so that it can load while I make my way towards it. Of course, I am only halfway through MP2 and haven't played MP3, so maybe it is different there.

It's C. The Metroid Prime games all use the doors as loading screen. Only once the stage is loaded will the door open for you. Obviously, you also need to be standing relatively close to it too.

I've shot a door from across the room before and by the time I reached the door it had opened and closed again so I had to shoot it again :laughing:

It usually depends of the room on how long it takes to load and open.

I got this game a couple of weeks ago. Prime is one of my fave games ever I reckon. I never played MP2 nor the 3rd installment.

Although I do not know when I will find the time to play it though, seeing that I work full time and just got a 3DS.

Prime has no choice but to use the doors as loading screens. It helps the atmosphere. Would you rather the game to be divided into smaller zones with "loading bitches" splashed across the screen.

Naw man

Prime has no choice but to use the doors as loading screens. It helps the atmosphere. Would you rather the game to be divided into smaller zones with "loading bitches" splashed across the screen.

Naw man

The only way around it is for the larger rooms to be connected by lots of small tunnels which is exactly what Metroid Prime: Hunters does to help bear the load of being unable to have two large rooms in memory at once.

I have owned this game for AGES but never played them as i bought it for my collectors value of having availability to all the games on the Wii. I had already completed each game at least once upon their original release.

Well last night i finally started Metriod Prime on this edition! The gameplay has aged excellent and graphically still looks good!

Did they improve the graphics at all for this release from the gamecube one?

I have owned this game for AGES but never played them as i bought it for my collectors value of having availability to all the games on the Wii. I had already completed each game at least once upon their original release.

Well last night i finally started Metriod Prime on this edition! The gameplay has aged excellent and graphically still looks good!

Did they improve the graphics at all for this release from the gamecube one?

I remember Retro Studios/Nintendo saying that some of the textures were improved quality wise so they wouldn't look blurry/messy on the Wii but other than that, I don't think they improved on much else. I know that there are some missing effects (think the steam that comes off of the arm cannon after you've released a charge shot and something with the wave beam effect was changed).

I remember Retro Studios/Nintendo saying that some of the textures were improved quality wise so they wouldn't look blurry/messy on the Wii but other than that, I don't think they improved on much else. I know that there are some missing effects (think the steam that comes off of the arm cannon after you've released a charge shot and something with the wave beam effect was changed).

They also completely upgraded the lighting engine for MP1, and I believe, did a bunch of work on MP2 in a similar manor.

I feel this is probably the most appropriate place to put this image I saw over on GoNintendo:

ejcomic445.png

I do find it strange that Nintendo haven't even mentioned that it's the 25th anniversary of Metroid. It's obviously not as big as Zelda in terms of sales but the games have had a considerable impact on the industry and games being released nowadays are still trying to copy the template of those original NES/SNES titles as well as the atmosphere and tension that the Prime Trilogy brought.

I suppose the Prime Trilogy already works as a kind of celebration but Nintendo really should have done something for it. Release a soundtrack CD, give us a 3D Classics update of Metroid 2. Something at least, even if they weren't too happy with Other M's performance.

I didn't even realise! What are Nintendo playing at!!

Where's my Zero Mission style remake of Metroid II, a Zero Mission/MetroidII/Super Metroid/Metroid Fusion 3DS remakes!

It's not only Metroid. Castlevania also turns 25 this october, yet it seems like Konami will not celebrate it in any way (altougn in was mentioned in one E3-video).

Granted, not as big game series as Zelda or even Metroid, but one of the best series ever, IMO.

Maybe they're waiting. Some games/films have tried releasing said classics but have been undershadowed by more popular events. I think it's safe to say people would ignore a Metroid and Castlevania anniversary when there's a Zelda one this year.

Granted next year would be a 26th anniversary, but I'm sure they could twist it to make it something more definative like a 25th.

Well i just completed Metriod Prime in 3 days! lol. Was great to play through again, i remember when i first played this i struggled with the Meta Ridley boss and Metriod Prime but i did them both first time this time!

Completed it with 77% Items and about 92% scanned in 9 hours 7 minutes.

I don't think i have ever completed the game with everything scanned and i seem to have carried on that tradition! And i was pretty sure i was scanning everything this time as well...

Think i will leave it a bit now before i start Echoes again.

Sorry for digging up such an old thread, but after recently finallly going through Metroid: Other M (which personally I feel gets a bit too much criticism, I'll admit the story isn't brilliant but purely from a gameplay point of view I thought it was very good) and enjoying playing through Super Metroid on Wii U VC so much I thought I should dig this out as it has been sitting untouched on my shelf for a while.

Now I have previously finished Prime 1 on Gamecube but never got into Prime 2 as much at the time, but I thought it was only right to start from the very beginning, and I forgot how great the first Prime is! Have just reached Magmoor Caverns for the first time so not that far in, I do seem to be going through this more easily than before - I know they balanced the difficulty in the second game for this release but were there any changes to Prime 1? Could just be because the Wiimote and Nunchuk control setup is infinitely better than the Gamecube controller was tho (or less likely I am better at games in general now lol).

Sorry for digging up such an old thread,

I know they balanced the difficulty in the second game for this release but were there any changes to Prime 1? Could just be because the Wiimote and Nunchuk control setup is infinitely better than the Gamecube controller was tho (or less likely I am better at games in general now lol).

No need to be sorry! It's the thread for Metroid Prime Trilogy which will always be a welcome sight on these boards! :D

I'm not aware of there being any changes made to the original Prime as I played through it in its entirety when I reviewed it for the site - best review copy I ever received! :smile: - it's simply that the Wiimote and Nunchuk control scheme is just that good, so good in fact that if they ever make another Metroid game in similar vein for Wii U then I hope that they include a way to play it with those controls in a similar way to how you can play Pikmin 3 while using the gamepad as a map/inventory... though having the option to pick up the pad and 'scan' the environments could be amazing. : peace:

Im currently playing through Prime 1 again too. Such an amazing game!

This thread being bumped has made me see the last post I made in here...

I stated that I would leave it awhile before starting Echoes again... Well, I still haven't started it!

Crazy how fast time goes.

Im currently playing through Prime 1 again too. Such an amazing game!

Metroid Prime Trilogy is quite clearly the best single disk gaming was ever gifted!

Metroid Prime Trilogy is quite clearly the best single disk gaming was ever gifted!

If you like the games, sure. If like me you think that Metroid is meh ( although I do love Other M ), then its just a collection of average games. :D

If you like the games, sure. If like me you think that Metroid is meh ( although I do love Other M ), then its just a collection of average games. :D

Well thats obvious.

If you dont like Metroid Prime the disc is crap and you wouldnt buy it.

If you like the games, sure. If like me you have no soul, then its just a collection of average games. :D

Fixed.

How anyone dislikes Metroid is beyond me. :p