NEurope

Just bought the Trilogy less than an hour ago. I have absolutely no idea when I'm going to have time to play it though haha.

Just bought the Trilogy less than an hour ago. I have absolutely no idea when I'm going to have time to play it though haha.

Now? Screw everything else and get it played.

Now? Screw everything else and get it played.

Too right, Trilogy is the single best value disk you'll ever buy. All three games AAA, with improved graphics and better controls... GET IT PLAYED!

Would anyone here recommend trading in the three seperate games for the trilogy boxset?

Do you mean trading in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Cube, and 3 on the Wii and trading that in for the boxset?

It depends really, are you much of a collector? Do you want to play all 3 again on the same system using the Wii controls? I'm not sure how much you'd get for the games.

I know I'm going to get the Trilogy eventually. Really just to have all 3 on the same console with the Wii controls. :)

Enter Rez.

I was hoping someone would catch what I said. :grin:

I'm about an hour into the first Prime and I'm still getting used to the controls. Goddamn the Mecha Bee Hive took forever...

Do you mean trading in Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Cube, and 3 on the Wii and trading that in for the boxset?

It depends really, are you much of a collector? Do you want to play all 3 again on the same system using the Wii controls? I'm not sure how much you'd get for the games.

I know I'm going to get the Trilogy eventually. Really just to have all 3 on the same console with the Wii controls. :)

Yeah I meant trading in the Gamecube ones. But the thing is I dont want to trade them and instantly regret it :heh:

I'm just wondering if playing them with Wii controls would give me enough incentive to go back and play them again.

Maybe I could be greedy and have trilogy ASWELL.

Yeah I meant trading in the Gamecube ones. But the thing is I dont want to trade them and instantly regret it :heh:

I'm just wondering if playing them with Wii controls would give me enough incentive to go back and play them again.

I don't think I've traded a game in since...actually, I don't remember. I had a second Sega Master System for some reason, so traded that in around 8 years ago. Apart from that, I think it's better to keep a hold of your stuff. I know lots of people who get games, play them, trade them, use that money to buy more games, play them, trade them, and repeat. But, it depends on what you want to do.

Be greedy, I say. :heh:

Be greedy, I say.

I agree with Fierce, be greedy. I have all the games and I'm going to pick up the trilogy! But I am a collector :) And I really want to play the old primes with motion controls...

PS Using my newly acquired skills Linky!!

PS Using my newly acquired skills Linky!!

Hahahah. I had noticed. I feel like a proud Father. :D

I was like I wish I had All the Metroid Primes!

Then I was like I have all of them. :grin: without even realising. :p

Ya I can't understand traders. It doesn't really work for me anyway cause I more than not Wait for a game to get cheaper so by the time I get it, I'm stuck with it it's worthless to trade in :)

most of my gamecube games are player's choice

Metroid Prime Trilogy No Longer Published or Shipped

custom_1263054188335_metroid_prime_trilogy.jpg

Four months after its release, Nintendo has stopped publishing and shipping the Metroid Prime: Collector's Edition. A company rep told an interested gamer the only way to find it now is through the second-hand market.

"[it] is no longer being shipped," Nintendo told the blog Coffee With Games. "When first introduced, it was announced that there would be limited availability. However, a reason for this was not announced. That being said, you may still be able to locate a copy via stores that specialize in previously played or used games."

Granted, it should be rather easy to find this game elsewhere. But it's interesting to note the relatively short lifespan and the fact it's the first New Play Control! offering to be discontinued.

http://kotaku.com/5444418/metroid-prime-trilogy-no-longer-published-or-shipped

Kind of a surprise tbh. Still haven't picked this up due to lack of time, will do now though. Anyone else who hasn't should grab it while they can too.

haha Nintendo are turning into the new sega with these actions..

Why not try to familiarise more people with the franchise by offering a price cut? IMagine the sales if it's just 30 euro or a player's choice title.

I can't undertstand their logic.

"A company rep told an interested gamer the only way to find it now is through the second-hand market."

Wait, Nintendo are telling us to buy second hand? Awesome. :)

haha Nintendo are turning into the new sega with these actions..

Why not try to familiarise more people with the franchise by offering a price cut? IMagine the sales if it's just 30 euro or a player's choice title.

I can't undertstand their logic.

Totally agree. How many people, who have never even heard of the series, are going to want to risk £35-40 on it? Why not drop it down to around £20-25 to at least make it appealing to a regular audience beyond the hardcore gamer?

I for one won't be rushing out to buy this just because Nintendo says jump. And I'm a bit upset about that, because I did intend to buy it later in the year when I had some spare cash, but it's Nintendo's loss now.

At a time when the headlines are reporting how the more hardcore gamer is abandoning Nintendo, it's seems a pretty stupid and stubborn trick to pull imho.

Edited by K-project

I was going to pick this up later on... I probably won't bother now. I already own 1 & 2, so i'm just missing the 3rd, but there are other games i would prefer to get before this and as K-project says: i'm not gonna buy this now just because Nintendo say 'jump'.

Paying £35 for me to play a game i can pick up for just over a tenner just doesn't make sense to me at the moment. If they had dropped the price i might have 'jumped', but what they've done is just retarded. Are the motion controls really worth the extra £25..?

It's a collectors edition - it was always noted that it wouldn't be around forever. My advice would just be to buy it why you still can. :)

I will definitely be picking this up soon. More of an investment potential than anything else, it could become quite rare in a few years.

I might have to pick this up now. never completed either of the first 2 and can't imagine going back to those controls as good as they were at the time but they seem slow and cumbersome in comparison to corruptions control..

I was going to pick this up later on... I probably won't bother now. I already own 1 & 2, so i'm just missing the 3rd, but there are other games i would prefer to get before this and as K-project says: i'm not gonna buy this now just because Nintendo say 'jump'.

Paying £35 for me to play a game i can pick up for just over a tenner just doesn't make sense to me at the moment. If they had dropped the price i might have 'jumped', but what they've done is just retarded. Are the motion controls really worth the extra £25..?

Well then think of it as £10 for Prime 1 & 2 with better controls and graphics and then £25 for Prime 3.

And whilst you should be able to buy Prime 3 for less than £25 anywhere else, consider it a slap on the wrists for not picking it up the second it came out :heh:

Well, whatever your opinions are of this, we really ought to have kept it quiet. Because I've no doubt now that profiteering game shops and twats on eBay will up the price toot-sweet. :mad: