NEurope

If you like the games, sure. If like me you think that Metroid is meh ( although I do love Other M ), then its just a collection of average games. :D

Hmm, I think you just about rescued yourself there. Consider this an informal warning.

Fixed.

How anyone dislikes Metroid is beyond me. :p

I need Darksnowman to come back here and fight the good fight. :D

I'm like a Japanese Nintendo fan, they don't really care for the series ( at least compared to the West ) either. Like I said though, I did love Other M, probably because it was a lot more linear than previous entries in the series.

If you like the games, sure. If like me you think that Metroid is meh ( although I do love Other M ), then its just a collection of average games. :D
Metroid is meh
Metroid is meh
Metroid is meh

tumblr_mdnl8eRfb91rrxhj7.gif

Metroid is meh? What is wrong with you, duuuude?

Other M was shiiiiiiiiiiiit

*enters morph ball and rolls away*

shock.gif

tumblr_mnfdcwpLCB1rjxj9ko1_500.gif

bill-and-ted-keanu-reeves-woah-shocked-amazed-1359050764y.gif

shocked-boy.gif

I hearby revoke your underscore Link card. :weep:

I'll just stick this in here. Im in the mood to play Metroid Prime so thought I would pick up the first one. I never really heard much about the second though, is it worth it?

I'll just stick this in here. Im in the mood to play Metroid Prime so thought I would pick up the first one. I never really heard much about the second though, is it worth it?

Second one is pretty decent in it's own, that's all i'll say for now.

I absolutely LOVED the first game, it would probably make it into my Top 3 Gamecube games alongside Melee and Resi 4.

However... I just did not like the sequel.

The Light/Dark World swapping I just didn't like, and consequently I gave up on it... probably earlier than I should have, but I just wasn't having fun playing it.

I loved it as much as the first. Another cool set of bosses, and some very cool setpieces, which in some cases get even better in their “dark” version. The only thing I have to critique is the keyhunting, but even that is quickly done,as far as I can remember.

So, there you have it. One person who think it’s ok, one person who didn’t like it, and one who did. You’re on your own.

@Happenstance The second one is total genius. It's as good as Metroid Prime, but with a fresh new dynamic. I really liked the dark / light gameplay, as it manages to create a totally captivating mood of being in a world of darkness with only a few pockets of safety around. The atmosphere might be even better than Prime's, very well done.

I ended up waiting a bit too long to buy the two games together and they sold so for now I just bought the first Metroid Prime and may get the second at a later date. Lets hope this time I put more of an effort into playing the game. I liked it when it first came out but I had a lot less patience when it came to gaming so I never completed it.

Metroid Prime 2 is one to play if you've genuinely mastered the original. I really enjoyed it, although the Spider Guardian was extremely frustrating (I believe it's slightly easier in Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I prefer GameCube controls). All the criticisms of Metroid Prime 2 are fair - the Dark/Light World swapping (which never works well) and the fact you can run out of ammunition (for beams, not just missiles). However, it is a great game - flawed excellence, perhaps - and overall I enjoyed it much more than Metroid Prime 3, which despite completing I never quite got to grips with the Wii controls.

In my mind, and it has been a while, Metroid Prime was an absolutely perfect reinvention of the Metroid series in 3D.

Metroid Prime 2 was a tiring quest, but an amazing one nontheless.

Metroid Prime 3 was more basic and linear, but had awesome characters and environments.

All games had ff'in brilliant music!

Metroid Prime 2 was a tiring quest, but an amazing one nontheless.

I think that's the best description. Trudge through Light World. Switch to Dark World and explore as far as you can go. Switch back to Light World. Switch to Dark World again etc... Good game though.

Nah, I'd say the 3rd one is the "worst". The controls are great, yes, but other than that it was rather unmemorable and samey. Franchise fatigue.

(Aaand Metacritic agrees with me too. MP 97, MP2 92, MP3 90.)

Edited by Ville

To be honest I wont be playing 3 anyway, I cant stand motion controls.

I hate motion controls too, but it's the only way to play Metroid Prime, especially if you have it on expert mode. I couldn't go back to the Gamecube controls now.

Could you have just bought the trilogy, @Happenstance? I'd want all three of these together. :D

I've got the trilogy waiting to play, as I've *shock horror* never played 2 or 3. The first is a masterpiece but I found it very hard. So, I'm peppering my angus in readiness for the trilogy.

I'm going to do this:

Finish Xenoblade

Finish ZombiU

Finish Pikmin

Finish Batman

Finish Sonic Colours

Start Metroid Prime Trilogy

Start Pandora's Tower

Win.

Could you have just bought the trilogy, @Happenstance? I'd want all three of these together. :D

Nah the Trilogy costs £50-60 these days. Plus as I said I just dont like motion controls, I have no interest in using the wiimote. Plus if I did, I play my games while sitting at my PC desk with the TV next to me so im too close and its at an awkward angle for the sensor bar to pick it up right.

Metroid Prime 2 to Metroid Prime is like Toy Story 2 to Toy Story. The focus is always gonna be on the original because it was such an unprecedentedly amazing game, but saying "the second one isn't as good" is sort of underselling what a terrific, 'one of the best of the generation' game it still is.

But then if you say you're put off by the idea of using superior pointer controls, then maybe you enjoy torturing horses and blending corgis whilst pissing on a homeless man and screaming "I HATED THE OLYMPICS" so who knows what you'll make of it tbh, idk

Although I didn't really like the controls or the inclusion of NPCs in 3, I can safely say I loved this entire trilogy. It's a properly amazing series, from the alone in the dark atmosphere, to visuals way ahead of their time, eerie music and awesome weapons, enhancements and boss fights. For me the first is pretty much part of a holy trinity of outstanding 2D-to-3D transition with Mario 64 and Zelda OoT.

I'm going to do this:

Finish Xenoblade

Finish ZombiU

Finish Pikmin

Finish Batman

Finish Sonic Colours

Start Metroid Prime Trilogy

Start Pandora's Tower

Win.

Fair play if you do dude, I always have the mindset that I'm going to play and complete game A, then B, Then C...

but often it goes like:

Finish Skywards Sword

No Wait... start Dishonored

Start Read dead again

Oh wow forgot Skyward Sword

Hey Cool Luigis Mansion 2 is cool

Why's Dishonored in my 360..Make way for WWE

Oh I think i'll play MGS 2 on PS2 again

Maybe I should get back to Skyward Sword?

Maybe I'll start RDR again, oh wait I did start it again 2 weeks ago.

Trilogy is amazing. The motion controls make it better. It's worth the high price. Probably the best value single disc ever released. Every self respecting gamer that has a Wii or Wii U should get the game.

CEX were fools I managed to get it for 25 quid the other month.

I seen another copy in there last week for 50.

Result!