NEurope

Well, whatever your opinions are of this, we really ought to have kept it quiet. Because I've no doubt now that profiteering game shops and twats on eBay will up the price toot-sweet. :mad:

Some will try, but I think most people who were willing to pay anywhere close to full price would have done so by now and as such, they are really just pricing themselves out the market if they do. The only people left will be the ones who don't want to pay top dollar and I'm fairly sure they won't bite.

Well, whatever your opinions are of this, we really ought to have kept it quiet. Because I've no doubt now that profiteering game shops and twats on eBay will up the price toot-sweet. :mad:

it's been reported on quite a few websites though already...

I can but scratch my head. Three great games of an established franchise, optimised for Wii, a great showboat for what Wii can do... and they discontinue it? It's another kick in the teeth for gamers. As if region-exclusive games weren't enough... Why don't they discontinue Wii Music? It's not selling very good, and they'd do most gamers a favour, really.

Once again I can only ask... Nintendo, why?? What has gone into your head? You want the mature/hardcore gamers to turn their back to you? You want Retro Studios to be pissed off? Makes sense, because right now the last thing Nintendo need is another 2nd or 3rd party developer making quality titles for Wii. :indeed:

where can you still buy this new?

As I said earlier in the locked thread: pretty much any games store in the country...

I was hoping to wait until this came down in price before I got it.. I really can't afford it at the moment. Maybe I'll ask for it for a Valentine's gift - how romantic of me! ;)

Once again I can only ask... Nintendo, why?? What has gone into your head? You want the mature/hardcore gamers to turn their back to you? You want Retro Studios to be pissed off? Makes sense, because right now the last thing Nintendo need is another 2nd or 3rd party developer making quality titles for Wii.

Whoa, whoa. Lets just see what Nintendo do with this. My guess is they'll release the three games as one without any of the special art book stuff, sleeve/tin case or collectors edition stuff. That's just my guess though. Let's wait for more confirmation before we assume Nintendo are just being pricks.

Whoa, whoa. Lets just see what Nintendo do with this. My guess is they'll release the three games as one without any of the special art book stuff, sleeve/tin case or collectors edition stuff. That's just my guess though. Let's wait for more confirmation before we assume Nintendo are just being pricks.

I doubt they'd be telling us to look for it on the second hand market if they were just going to repackage it as a non-collector's edition.

There was no way that I was going to stump up the original retail price for what amounted to a re-release (however good that reworking may have been), so I was waiting/hoping for a significant price drop before picking this up.

Obviously not going to happen now, so smart move Nintendo [/sarcasm], it's already bad enough that I haven't had a compelling enough reason to switch the machine on since August or buy a game since last June. Now I'm beginning to understand why.

There was no way that I was going to stump up the original retail price for what amounted to a re-release (however good that reworking may have been), so I was waiting/hoping for a significant price drop before picking this up.

I'm assuming people who take this stance have played all the way through all three original games, right?

If not, then it's just a weird thing to say...

I'm assuming people who take this stance have played all the way through all three original games, right?

If not, then it's just a weird thing to say...

Yep perhaps I should have elaborated, I've already played Prime and Corruption to death and played most of Echoes, until I lost the will to live anyway, perhaps I should have given that one another chance.

On reflection, if the new 'expanded' market couldn't be tempted to grab the Trilogy then perhaps Nintendo did the right thing by discontinuing this package. After all, who else (outside of those who have already experienced the franchise) was ever likely to pick this up.

Truth be hold, I largely had faith in yourself, PigMarcher. It's just I've seen a lot of comments everywhere from people who all say they don't want to pay full price for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I don't believe ALL these people have owned and completed every Prime.

It's just it can't be emphasised enough... If you've not finished any single one of the Prime games, then Trilogy is an absolute no-brainer. It's nonsensical to say that paying full price if, say one has played 1 and 2 but not 3, isn't worth it... as if they're trying to say they're paying full price for a third of a full game. Pay 100% and you get 300% of gaming bliss. You're paying a third for what the package is worth.

Am I not selling this very well?

I played the Prime Trilogy to death and was more than happy to repurchase on Wii. By selling Prime and Prime 2 at a reasonable price, and Prime 3 also, i ended up spending a fiver on pointy controls and widescreen games. Quite the bargain, methinks.

I don't think you'll find anyone disputing the worth of the set anywhere on the internet. What is frustrating to me, is making a brilliant set very limited in this way. I will add again, that I personally was not aware that when this was released it was intended to be for a limited time only. I simply don't remember reading that anywhere.

The upshot is that it's doing well in the charts again. I'm upset that I can't afford to get it (limited disposable income these days for games ;)), and will probably never be able to get it now thanks to the mad rush it's seen. All the shops are out of stock and not getting any more (obv.).

Never mind eh? :D

Am I not selling this very well?

If I hadn't already bought it, I'd buy it now.

If I hadn't already bought it, I'd buy it now.

Is there something stopping you getting two copies?

Is there something stopping you getting two copies?

Nintendo not supplying any more copies?

I noticed a few copies in my local ASDA today (thats Shrewsbury). £32.99.

You're selling it well, but if you already own (and have completed) 1 & 2, can pick up number three for like £12 and the trilogy costs £35... ::shrug:

Thats not so convincing.. Why would i want to pay an extra £23 for two games i already own when there are other games i'd much rather spend my money on..?

You're selling it well, but if you already own (and have completed) 1 & 2, can pick up number three for like £12 and the trilogy costs £35... ::shrug:

Thats not so convincing.. Why would i want to pay an extra £23 for two games i already own when there are other games i'd much rather spend my money on..?

For me it was the ability to play with non-mind-melting GameCube controls, plus a few extras like the Friend Tokens/achievement things, and that screenshot tool.

"Mario Strikers Charged (2007), Battalion Wars 2 (2007), and Wario Land Shake It(2008) are no longer being manufactured or shipped to retailers." - Nintendo customer service rep

...sigh...

Since, the cancellation-bug isn't restricted to Metroid Prime anymore, I've posted this on the General Wii-topic too.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Nintendo not supplying any more copies?

I noticed a few copies in my local ASDA today (thats Shrewsbury). £32.99.

Shrewsbury ey, .....then you must be quite......(oh here it comes) ......

shrewd:laughing:

I couldn't find a groan smily so i'm just gonna give you a hug :hug:=p

A lot of the UK online retailers are showing this as only "temporarily out of stock" almost right across the board. I've only found a couple of places that list it as actually "Sold Out".

I wonder if the limited stock thing was actually only for the US then. Did we ever get an official word on the European version? I might stick an order in for it on Amazon in case it comes back in. I don't mind waiting...

Nintendo UK FTW!

Nintendo's told Eurogamer that Metroid Prime: Trilogy has not been discontinued in the UK.

That means shops can still re-order the game from Nintendo and replenish depleted stock.

Earlier this month, a Nintendo spokesperson said the opposite, and told the internet that the game was "no longer being shipped". Those keen to buy the game were pointed towards the second-hand videogame market.