NEurope

I ordered the collector's edition off eBay this morning for 30 beans with free postage. Can't wait to play 1 and 2 in widescreen :D

Reading your old review, FalcoLombardi. Back tracking was a con? That's like saying Metroid in itself is a con. Damn it, Man!

I did actually laugh at that. +5 internets to you, good sir. :)

Back tracking was a con because the only other Metroid I played at that point in time was the one on the NES and I hated that. Now, I still find the back tracking in Prime to be a bit tedious and annoying. Loved everything about Super Metroid though.

Just got my copy from Amazon today, and I must say, I love it. Although I've played about half of the first game on the Gamecube, It's still great.

The only thing I don't like about the game, is that I forget to save, since you have to go to the goddamn savestation. I played for half an hour, and got the Missile-launcher, the Morphball and the Chargebeam. Guess what? I died. I'm now at the very beginning of Talon Overworld. Fantastic.

Oh man! Thats sucks. I think Im in the middle of first game. And yeah, all is great but I would have save-when-you-feel-for-it-funtion. But on the other side the game is a lot of backtracking so backtrack to save-place is like a rutine now.

Just got my copy from Amazon today, and I must say, I love it. Although I've played about half of the first game on the Gamecube, It's still great.

The only thing I don't like about the game, is that I forget to save, since you have to go to the goddamn savestation. I played for half an hour, and got the Missile-launcher, the Morphball and the Chargebeam. Guess what? I died. I'm now at the very beginning of Talon Overworld. Fantastic.

Stop sucking and don't die.

That'd be my advice: peace: :laughing:

You only have an excuse when you're playing on veteran mode, are you?

You should be able to find it in a variety of placed - its only the US where its been discontinued.

You should be able to find it in a variety of placed - its only the US where its been discontinued.

Yeah, you can find it pretty much everywhere. If you haven't bought it; I hate you.

Just re-completed Metroid Prime and am now playing Prime 2 for the first time.

Same here man, I just got into the dark-dimension or what it's called. Man, having to stay in the light-things(yes, I am bad with names)is pretty fun actually. Thought I'd find it really dumb, but it's quite fun. When i turned off my Wii I felt this urge to go into a area of light.. That's sick.

It's good getting a fresh start too. I didn't care much for the scanning when i played the first one, but now I'm really taking my time scanning everything. It actually gives you some satisfaction!

Yeah, you can find it pretty much everywhere. If you haven't bought it; I hate you.

Was one of those that I thought I would get eventually, as I've already played them all to death. Now I want it.

Can't find it anywhere online. I don't have much time to go shopping.

Any ideas?

Can't find it anywhere online. I don't have much time to go shopping.

Any ideas?

It hasn't been in any shops near me either since Nintendo of America deleted it. Even if Nintendo of Europe didn't delete it, it feels like they did.

Finished Metroid Prime 2 and I loved it! It felt a little tired towards the beginning, but once it got going it felt as good, if not better, than Metro Prime.

Finished Metroid Prime 2 and I loved it! It felt a little tired towards the beginning, but once it got going it felt as good, if not better, than Metro Prime.
Phew!... for a minute there I thought you said better than Metroid Prime. ;)

Metro Prime

God I suck. At least it's not as bad as my friend who referred to it as "Meteor Prime", I felt obliged to punch him.

Anyhow, Metroid Prime 2 is great. I imagine Galaxy 2 will feel like Prime 2. It'll be brilliant in its own right, but won't receive as much critical acclaim simply due to the fact it's no longer revolutionary.

Well, on to "Metro" Prime 3 now. ;D

While this is probably not a smart thing to say here, considering how most nintendo fanboys like Prime better than Echoes: At this point in the game(Just killed the big-ass worm and got the darksuit), I like it better than Prime. Prime just felt so darned claustrophobic, while Echoes is much more open.

While this is probably not a smart thing to say here, considering how most nintendo fanboys like Prime better than Echoes: At this point in the game(Just killed the big-ass worm and got the darksuit), I like it better than Prime. Prime just felt so darned claustrophobic, while Echoes is much more open.

Echoes is as high quality as the original. It's just that, for me, it becomes very arduous. The overall game isn't as fine-tuned, I'd say. Still great though, glad I've played it.

Yeah, I found Echoes a little tedious towards the end. Other then that though, it's great. Upon reflexion, I think I enjoyed Metroid Prime better then Echoes. That being said, they're both superb games. Glad I won't have to deal with the light/dark worlds again though, hah.

Glad I won't have to deal with the light/dark worlds again though, hah.

I'm at 25% and just got the boost ball, and to be honest, those goddamn light/dark worlds are annoying the shit out of me..

..I found Echoes a little tedious towards the end..

I'd go along with that :smile: I was really enjoying it but the final few hours became a real grind :hmm:

I would definitely rate Metroid Prime above Echoes, largely due to the wider variety of environments :hehe:

I'm at 25% and just got the boost ball, and to be honest, those goddamn light/dark worlds are annoying the shit out of me..

It gets much more enjoyable the further through the game. Trust me, they annoyed the hell out of me at first as well.

On the one hand, it gets much easier to move through the dark world, in that you don't have to worry about safe zones or ammunition anything like as much. On the other hand, it just grates having to find your way through two different versions of the same map, especially when you find a doorway blocked off, so you have to go back into the light world, then back into the dark world, and so on...

So, I've started playing Metroid Prime 3 and I already love it. The beginning scared me, as it was incredibly linear, I thought to myself "Dear God! This isn't Metroid at all!", but once I got onto the subsequent planets it was much better. I love the magnitude of all the puzzles, seems great already!

Oh, and the graphics are mind blowing. Seriously, screw people saying The Conduit looked like a 360 game (it didn't), this looks like a 360 game. Truly amazing.