N-Europe

Happy St. Georges' Day!

Dyson

My secondary school/sixth form was called St. George's, and as such I dislike it instinctively. Oh, and why isn't St. Alban the patron saint of England? He was English, after all. Actually, that said, it would make the Union Flag a bitch to draw - as people who live in and around the city of St Albans will know, his flag is the same as that of St. Andrew, but with a yellow cross instead of white.

Anyway, the weathers nice, and I'm stuck inside revising (in theory). Bah!

Guest Captain Falcon

If I'd not seen this thread, it would have passed me by completely.

You can't buy that level of pride in your country...

Guest Captain Falcon
I've just decided that I'm going to make it a tradition to have a bbq every St. George's day.

Of course, I did the English thing and cancelled today's one due to weather and lazy people. Indeed.

Lazy people or one lazy person?

I'm not particularly patriotic but why do we not celebrate it more? Like...make it a holiday. Granted I didn't have uni today but a holiday would make life better. The only time I remembered it was St Georges today was when I walked past the school round the corner earlier and thought they were all in casual dress until I realised they were wearing red and white.

I don't think I've done anything British today. Watched Frasier, ate a curry, wrote about an American television programme :p