Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Lottery

Kirkatronics

Most I've ever won personally is £10. Like once...or twice. £5 about twice. I went through a scratch card phase at College, where me and my best mate just seemed to have amazing luck, and we'd by rolls and rolles, £20 and £30 at a time. We just broke even pretty much in the end.

I don't play. Think I have played once or twice on Euromillions and have bought tickets for when people turn 16 and put it in a card.

Sometimes do scratchcards. Only ever won big twice though. £30-odd the day my grandad died last in 07 (although when I bought it I didn't know he had. It wasn't like "hey he's dead, maybe I'll be luckier!") and a few weeks ago when I was in the co-op I bought one because I felt bad spending £1 on my card and I won £20.

That's for winning £10.

It's something like 14 milllion : 1 for the whole 6 numbers.

Actually it's for winning a prize. The odds of a tenner are about 57:1. Which shows you how much of the prizes are tenners.

People should play roulette. You can't lose.

lol.

Well as odds against probabilities go, roulette is one of the best.

Last week on the Irish lotto I won 15 euro plus a free scratch card, then I won 5 euro on the card, haha, I play lotto and Euromillions, only get scratch cards if I win them on the lotto.

I won 75 euro once on the lotto, the highest i ever won... bout 2 months ago won 65 euro on the Euromillions :)

People should play roulette. You can't lose.

lol.

LOL, promote that guy (again)!

The lottery is psychologically like that rodent running in it's wheel trying ever so hard to grasp the ungraspable cheese! Save your £1, you'd be a millionaire quicker.

But for sure, the Lottery is a brilliant money making scheme because the vast billions of people on this planet are stupid, imagine if you could get just £1 out of just a million people, that'll be enough.

A few £10 wins is all I've ever managed to get. Don't play much anymore but always get tempted when there's a big jackpot.

I tend to put most of my money into premium bonds now, chance of winning a big prize and I can always get the money back.

oh look. Another shit thread where people list yes/no/whogivesafuck for a couple of pages!

Well that's pretty much all this forum is - a place to discuss your opinion! At least the guy's trying to have a discussion, instead of just being a nob like you! You being a mod should know these things after all!

Well that's pretty much all this forum is - a place to discuss your opinion! At least the guy's trying to have a discussion, instead of just being a nob like you! You being a mod should know these things after all!

I think the point Dan was trying to make is its not encouraging discussion, its encouraging just the opposite; a standard yes/no response off everyone with no flow between them.

(except, ironically, this mini-discussion :p)