Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Summer Meetup, innit - Hyde Park, Saturday 18th July. No penguins allowed.

Rummy

Meh, flying on your own isn't too bad. It was somewhat irksome though when I did it to Japan, which was an 12 hour flight, and then my friend was a day late at the other end, and I got asked loads of questions by a couple of monolingual police officers while I was waiting for him. They were just a bit bored, I think.

Anyhoo! I shall of course attend this if I'm free, as it's easy for me to get to London whether I'm in Cambridge or Hertfordshire. I might try and organise a mini-meet at Cambridge sometime actually - Haggis was interested, if no-one else.

I may be, I think it might give me an excuse to see a lady I met over christmas, too. Though to be fair, it's awesome enough just to see you guys(except you, ReZ, I SAID NO TOUCHINGS)

Just so you guys know, gonna trawl through the thread tomorrow, collect some infos and that onto a little pad and edit it into the first post so it's hopefully more informative. Got abolsutely no idea how jay managed to do all this stuff for the big one last year! Craziness.

EDIT: Ahhhh weeeee! How excellent that it ended up top of page 6 just after posting that. Means I have a handy marker of where to stop :D

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me think that us southerners need to have our own mini meets more frequently in order to compete with you lot!

Well in actual fact I am visiting jayseven's and Shorty's house but seeing as Shorty is dating Nami and they're all friends with Dan Dare and Nightwolf its like a little meet.

Indeed. Every night in at our pad is a mini meet with nami and shorty and me. Dan popped over the other night so that's 4 n-e folk in one room! Astounding.

Rummy; it's really not that hard at all to organise. Set a time and a date and a place and you're half-way there! The hostel/hotel is the next bit; once that's settled then it's just down to people holding up their end of the bargain and arriving! I didn't actually arrange any actual activities besides "let's sit in Hyde Park for a few hours", so it's easily done again.

Nando and MBAM you guys really should come! So should R_A! and Eenuh! and nightwolf and shiekuh and moogle! No matter the distance nor cost, you'll get an experience that will spew out constant memories that stir within the priceless range.

Heh, you don't have to try and convince me, as I already really want to come! It all just depends on the circumstances now (mostly time and money).

But yeah, if I come, I'll hopefully have Flinky coming with me. It's likely we'll take a hotel room instead of a hostel, so if more people sleep in a specific hotel, we'll take a room there as well I think. =)

Well he actually didn't have the money for it at that time, and he had other plans as well I think.

But yesss, if I come, I will make sure he comes as well! =D

I was chatting to flinky last night and he said he'd come (being dragged by you of course! :)) I have it in writing, so if you go he has to go now.

Eh, I'll do that aforementioned thread update tomorrow, hopefully...maybe. Probably. Possibly?

Eenuh, you have to come! Mainly cos you're awesome, but also because you're out ticket to the boy! I rather wish to say hello and shake his hand, it's like a dream of mine, though I can't remember why. Though given the choice I think we'd much rather Eenuh(so go on Flink, come and prove us wrong, I dares ya!)

All you other losers being all like 'meeeee*whimper* i suck around new people blahblahwhimper' well so did I until I went to the last meet and realised just how normal everyone(well almost, eh ReZ? lolol) is and just how weird it actually isn't! Live a little! Or don't, sup to you, we don't be needing no weird negativity impacting on our meet. Though I guarantee* you it's going to be so awesome you're gonna hate yourself so much for not being there.

Excuse my utmost use of formatting there, btw.

P.S For Twozzok, you better be there, brah!

*Guarantee is limited** to one free beer under circumstances of awkwardness.

**Guarantee is NOT guaranteed, due to likelihood of Rummy Twozzok Jay and ReZ consuming beer quotas.

All you other losers being all like 'meeeee*whimper* i suck around new people blahblahwhimper' well so did I until I went to the last meet and realised just how normal everyone(well almost, eh ReZ? lolol) is and just how weird it actually isn't! Live a little! Or don't, sup to you, we don't be needing no weird negativity impacting on our meet. Though I guarantee* you it's going to be so awesome you're gonna hate yourself so much for not being there.

Excuse my utmost use of formatting there, btw.

]

Couldn't agree more - the whole, "weird around new people thing is bollocks" Unless you suffer from something that actually prevents you from interacting with other people in a normal way, then you're just being a big girl's blouse. As Rummy seems to be suggesting, just make an effort - everyone there will be entirely new to me and will probably think I'm just as big a douche in real life as I am on these forums but either way, I'm not worried about it, am actually quite excited! Look at it in a positive fun way - drink will be there which might help loosen folk up! :)

Besides most* of the folk here seem pretty normal.

*Subject to terms and conditions. 99% of forum are potentially insane. Your statutory rights remain unaffected.

Hmm, many a person seem to be attending this little party, I shall have to make more of an effort to get myself there. However, unless the elder among us intend to run through the night, I shall be getting the late train back home, being that i'm only about half hour away. Save me the cost of a hotel room.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!