N-Europe

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

Happenstance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but what would happen to all of the cows if suddenly there was no demand for milk? You think the farmers would pay for them to live a nice healthy life?

I wasn't saying we should change the system, just pointing out that cows don't give milk constantly (unless impregnated), like some people seem to think.

Can anyone imagine a factory filled with women, topless and standing round for hours with their breasts attached to a pumping machine?

K, I can imagine it (in a perveted kinda way), but I can't imagine it would be in anyway practical.

Plus I don't think human women would produce as much milk as a cow would?

And if cows need to be impregnated to produce milk, wouldn't humans too?

All this would accomplish would be a massive increase in the price and supply of milk to that point that many people around the world would have a hard time buying milk for their families. You'd basically need to pay poor people in undeveloped countries (places where there are no pay/work condition regulations) a very small wage and work them hard in order to keep milk affordable, which basically would be exploitative.

Its weird, we find the idea of breast milk disgusting. But, why? I'm not too keen on the idea of it, but I don't know why. Surely we should be finding the idea of drinking milk from a cow worse, but we don't.

It's a funny old world.

Anyway, I could kill for some Ben and Jerry's right now. Mmmmm.

Some woman are basically baby-factories with legs, so this would at least put them to useful employ.

Plus what would happen to all the Dairy Cows that were suddenly useless? I don't think that farmers would be willing to have a load of useless milk-tanks around not producing milk.

Frankly, the steaks are too high.

I already have enough of an aversion to milk as it is(my only real milk intake comes from tea, and then not too much so I have it strong and dark...like my men! Sorry.) to be having to use people-milk in anything, but it's not big deal to me, I don't eat ben and jerry's either due to aforementioned milk aversion, so hell...bring on the breasts! I'd definitely be interested in a job as a milker!