Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Best Baguette in teh world would be...?

jayseven

So yeah. Chatting to a mate on msn about this. At some point in the next fortnight I'm going to buy a massive stick of french bread and try and make the most awesomest sandwich evaar. I've decided to divide the fillings a little, so at the start I'll have egg, bacon, tomatoes, then the next section will have ham, cheese (several types - even boursin i hope!), salami, jalapenos, onions, peppers, salad, then the next bit will have chicken strips with guacamole, salsa, doritos and grated cheese *droooools*... THEN the final bit, the 'pudding' if you will, shall have chocolate sauce, peanut butter and sliced bananas. Maybe some honey in there, too. Oh yeah - I'm hoping to have some of those mini scotch eggs in there somewhere, too.

So uh, of course this is The Master Sub which cannot be beaten. I will conceed that it can indeed be improved upon, but I'm working on that. So, uh... What would make the perfect sandwich?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a certain part of it is vegetable oriented I´d suggest cucumber with a bit of Lemon pepper grinded over it if you have it.

The combination of that is surprisingly good.

And you can´t go wrong with a good BBQ sauce.

This isn't entirely related, but when I was staying at a camp site in France about... well, Francs were still in use, so a while ago. Anyway, there was this stand on a corner that sold half baguettes filled with a halved 100% beef burger and stuffed with Belgian fries. Each one only cost around £1.50, making them pretty much the best value meals for miles around.

thing is I mortally detest cucumbers and carrots :( pesto is awesome! I'm sure I can get that in there somewhere.

Thinking of a 'roast dinner' section with stuffing and gravy, but that would be hard to organise.

Make me food when I'm in sheffield? Roast dinner <3

Mundi; I had to google that, but it does indeed seem like something I want to try. Not seen it in the shops - but then I don't tend to peruse the spice racks often enough.

nightwolf; I've not done a roastie in sheffield yet, and I won't be doing one for you and your mean words. NO!

Might make one and invite shorty, dan_dare, gary greatie and Cube over.

Mundi; I had to google that, but it does indeed seem like something I want to try. Not seen it in the shops - but then I don't tend to peruse the spice racks often enough.

nightwolf; I've not done a roastie in sheffield yet, and I won't be doing one for you and your mean words. NO!

Might make one and invite shorty, dan_dare, gary greatie and Cube over.

Oh come on, you know you want too! ^_^

The sandwich I pretty much always go for is the tuna one. Has tuna salad (like, tuna mixed with mayonnaise I guess?), lettuce, tomatoes and egg. Normally cucumber as well but I removed that, and occasionally there's little pieces of onion but I prefer it without.

*loves it*

I get onion baguettes (from Cullybackey Spar to all you locals) and I have a very basic filling (plain chicken, lettuce, cucumber)

It is to die for. <3

Sounds rotten :heh: ..and my cousin works (worked :wtf:) in there..

I'm only after making a fantastic spaghetti bolognese for me and my brother.. it was that good I'd be happy to throw it in a sandwich..

Sounds rotten :heh: ..and my cousin works (worked :wtf:) in there..

I'm only after making a fantastic spaghetti bolognese for me and my brother.. it was that good I'd be happy to throw it in a sandwich..

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Rotten it is not, but then you like mcd's so that just says a lot about yer taste bucko! :heh:

Just kidding!

The wonder that is the breakfast roll!

Tis a baguette butchered with a full Irish breakfast inside it!

ie: rashers (bacon), pudding, sausages, eggs along with many other local ingredients and variations. Tomato ketchup to top it off and you have yourself the bona fide builder's brekkie and staple breakfast/hangover cure to many many many students.

Beautiful.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Rotten it is not, but then you like mcd's so that just says a lot about yer taste bucko! :heh:

Just kidding!

McDonald's was a desperate attempt to get food in my tummy on a day where it was the only option.. we can't eat gourmet every day :heh:

As far as sandwiches go, I don't like lettuce, tomatoes, mayo or anything so I tend to go simple.. like ham and melted cheese with a sprinkling of herbs.. or bacon and a little brown sauce..

Easy and tasty :smile:

That means... you're currently doing it, right?

*is confused* :wtf:

..and the 'downpour is right.. it means I had it only a short time ago :heh: ..and it was oh so good :yay:

McDonald's was a desperate attempt to get food in my tummy on a day where it was the only option.. we can't eat gourmet every day :heh:

As far as sandwiches go, I don't like lettuce, tomatoes, mayo or anything so I tend to go simple.. like ham and melted cheese with a sprinkling of herbs.. or bacon and a little brown sauce..

Easy and tasty :smile:

..and the 'downpour is right.. it means I had it only a short time ago :heh: ..and it was oh so good :yay:

well, ok, i'll give you that. I did feel bad that me and yer girl just had subway hahh :DOnly slightly bad :P

Oh yes I know teh lingo :awesome:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!