N-Europe

lols, Sheffield Meet Sat Sept 20th '08

jayseven

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is within spitting distance for me so a show would be a possibility. May feel a bit paedophilic though, being 29 and hanging with all the cool (not really nintendo forum dweebs) kids.

Google maps says it's 39.9 miles, 1hr10mins.

Ok so I think I'll edit teh first post/title to say September 20th as more people are objecting to teh 13th. make a note in your diaries, folks.

Caris' mention of Devonshire Green is a good one - personally I prefer botanical gardens for its mix of seclusion and proximity to good shops. dev green is full of scenesters and emos, not as big, but right near Devonshire Cat which has good cask ciders! I suggest a trip there at night time to sample them (looks at Dan Dare specifically), perhaps on the friday if people are going to do the Hostel thing again.

I only had a brief search for hostels and all google threw at me was hostels for abandoned/homeless women and shit, so yeah... Someone else'll need to take charge and sort that out. If Shorty and I had a massiiiv house then we could cater for y'all, but it's only a small lil' thing, and would most likely burst at the seams with you all in. having said that we're not ruling out the possibility that we'll groom and select our favourites and bring them back for gimping and pimping tea and pancakes...

Yeah, same here. But, to visit j7's homeland, we shall see.

More of a home-from-homeland :P BUT YOU HAVE TO COME!

Can the humour implied in the title be revealed please.

Will be closer than London. I suppose I could offer potential arrival.

Jay, will our mysterious friends in common from Facebook be in attendance?

Humour implied = the humour that is INEVITABLE, based on success of hyde Park :) As for our joint-friends (which I seem to have a lot of with you crazy n-ers, for some reason...) they could be invited, but I don't know them too well and I genuinely think they'll be a bit scared.

I recall most of the names mentioning uni from posting in the university thread a while ago, and us newcomers to Uni start earlier.

First year uni 'start' date usually includes fresher's week. Even if it doesn't, this'll be on a saturday!

I would love to meet you suckas...but I dunno if I can make eeet all da way up theeere.

Hmm, ponder on this, I will.

As shorty said, I've done the trip from brighton, and I've also done it from newport. I may even be going brighton > Sheffield > Newport > Brighton > Sheffield in the space of a week at the end of august >_< YOU HAVE TO.

29th August.. full time placements (9-5, x5) for 45 weeks!

Again, weekend ;) But if it's too far then that's totally fine. But ye will be missed.

This is within spitting distance for me so a show would be a possibility. May feel a bit paedophilic though, being 29 and hanging with all the cool (not really nintendo forum dweebs) kids.

Tis true, we will be acting mightily immature, but it woul be as if the seas parted if you make an appearance!

I'll try to do my best to make an appearance! :)

BOOYA! p.s. wear the suit.

Jesus, I just watched some of the vids we recorded on my phone. If I come to this, I think I'll lay off the booze :shakehead

lies and lies! Bard you are a source of constant entertainment to everyone. cumplz :'(

Tbh, I don't think I'll make it to sheffield, it's rather far to go for me and I don't know if it'll be worth it.

JUST KIDDING! I'm totally gonna endeavour to be there, if you guys can make it down to london then I can most certainly make it to sheffield, even if it's just for J7 and his awesomeness. I'm gonna have a word with my mate who's up there to see if I can nab a bit of floor/bed whilst I'm there, if not I'll make sure I keep some money aside now for hostelling and stuffs. I'm totally gonna rock this party, unlike my mediocre and short lived appearance on the weekend, I really wish I'd been around and seen the guys for longer :(

Tbh, I don't think I'll make it to sheffield, it's rather far to go for me and I don't know if it'll be worth it.

JUST KIDDING! I'm totally gonna endeavour to be there, if you guys can make it down to london then I can most certainly make it to sheffield, even if it's just for J7 and his awesomeness. I'm gonna have a word with my mate who's up there to see if I can nab a bit of floor/bed whilst I'm there, if not I'll make sure I keep some money aside now for hostelling and stuffs. I'm totally gonna rock this party, unlike my mediocre and short lived appearance on the weekend, I really wish I'd been around and seen the guys for longer :(

This basically, I think I'll nab some money from my trip to europe funds and put it aside for Sheffield. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm abit wary about the 20th, I can't honestly remember what day I move into halls, but it's definately near to that date.

Hopefully I should be able to make it ^_^, I'll be getting two trains rather than driving, I honestly don't want to drive over the cat and fiddle etc.

20th ay? Depending on what time i would be back for i don't know if i could go, i've got an 18th birthday party to attend at 7pm.

Also i hope my driving will have improved by then, not driving for 8 weeks has really made my skills crap.

After a bit of driving you soon get into the swing of it. I wasnt driving for about 8 weeks aswell, and I took my car for a test drive (just two Asian guys not from an actual company) and I scared them half to death with my awful driving, but it was fine after a week or so fo sho yo.

Google maps says it will take you 1hr10 to go 40 miles? By what, a stream?