N-Europe

Does Darkness Scare You?

ReZourceman

Or the ever popular question "Are you afraid of the dark?" I ask, as sometimes I can be.

For example, I just walked through some darkness, upstairs, and it made me feel all anxious and such...I think this stems from my partial ghost-believeness and maybe because my sister and I were discussing ghostal activities just yesterday so it may have been lingering in my mind.

So does darkness make you anxious?

I quite like the dark, sometimes it freaks me out but generally i like it.

Although after certain films when i was younger (Jurassic Park, Sixth Sense - I hated that scene where he's locked in the cupboard, signs + other ghostly or alien ones) i hated having to go upstairs on my own.

No.

But loud banging in darkness creeps me out. Damn pyscho getting me paranoid.

"I've been watching you Norman..." :heh:

I like to make sure I know a clear route to the loo at night, as it's always pretty dark and I daren't wake anyone else up with the light on. Even so, I have my arms outstretched just in case because there's nothing worse than not making contact with a recognised surface to make you imagine you're gonna clout your head any second.

It did after I watched the Exorcist and played Doom for the first time when I was like 7. But generally, no. I mean, why should you be scared?

Saying that though, I'm shit scared of large bodies of water. I remember almost having a fit when my dad told me we were travelling in a tunnel that's beneath like 1000 feet of ocean.

Guest Stefkov

Not anymore. I used to be shit scared. Turning on any and every light I could, even if going for a drink. Now I realise, the doors are locked.

I like it. I'm naturally more anxious...and sometimes If I go to the bathroom, hear a noise, then walk back through the pitchblack house, upon entering my room, I press the door as far against the wall as possible, so any intruders hiding there would be squished. :)

That's more paranoia though, not really stemming from darkness.

@ ReZ, have you ever done any kind of ghost tour? There's great ones in Edinburgh becuase of the undergorund city, if anything, it's a great thing to see, the old tunnels.

I actually feel a bit more comfortable in the dark most of the time.

Last time I remember being somewhat scared is about 5ish years ago when I got all 3 Ring films (original japanese of course) and watched them all in a row till 3am in an empty house, freaked myself out :heh:

I feel more comfortable, too. I've walked down non-lit country lanes home on my own before, at silly times at night/early morning, and not been phased. Rather that than a city center.

It's reflections that shit me up.

Not anymore. I used to be shit scared. Turning on any and every light I could, even if going for a drink. Now I realise, the doors are locked.

+1, I used to be able to walk through towns in the middle of the night without being bothered but hated the dark in my house.

My parents have recently gone away and I've been combatting it, so not anymore :)

Not normally. BUT i was sleeping in my cellar the other week (its converted to a proper room and is far away from crying babys) and i woke up at like 2am or something. It was pitch black and i couldnt get my bearings, couldnt find the lights i was so scared i honestly thought i was going to cry.

Then i found the light switch and realised where i was. So freaky when that happens >.>

I love being outside in the dark, it just seems so much nicer, prob cos there is less retards about.

But being home alone in the dark terrifies me, I cant sleep unless there is a source of light of some sort.

I used to be able to walk through towns in the middle of the night without being bothered but hated the dark in my house.

Same here. But then I forced myself to not be bothered (well forced myself not to turn the light on all of the time and stuff like that and now it doesn't bother me too much.)

I love sleeping in pitch blackness.

I sleep on one of those beds where it's like jus ta top bunk, with speace underneath, so sudden darkness after my reading light is switched off combined with my "altitude" is cool.

I'm not particularly fond of pitch-blackness, not so much that I'm scared, but more that it's a sort of panicking feeling for me not to be able to see anything. Guess it's a little like claustrophobia in some way.

I do have a tendency to make myself paranoid, though, which affects me mostly when it's dark outside.

Mainly depends on the situation, being in an unknown place when it´s dark is scary for me.

I like being in the pitch dark, I find it relaxing and it gives me a out of body feeling.

Which is very comfortable when I need to relax and collect my thoughts on something