N-Europe

If your house was on fire...

jayseven

Apologies to Camden Town...

Well, if your house was on fire, what would you save? Living beings aside, of course.

For me, it's a notebook/diary I made when I was 18. It contains my life for that year; photos, dreams, memories, milky bar wrappers... All the shizzle. My class notes from my 3rd year in college too, for the epic collection of mindless, yet awesome margin doodles and mental ramblings. Maybe my lil' buddha statue, and my alligator head as they were gifts from a close friend.

... Not really anything of any worth! Oh dear. How's about yourselves?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My red notebook. The good drumsticks. My folder of inane game ideas & rubbish drawings. Several childhood stuffed toys and the orange elephant quilt I got when I was borned. A select few DVD's and a DVD-R of all of the music I have made and all of the scripts/stories I have typed up.

Recently I've realised that I really wouldn't mind that much if most things I own got destroyed, though it could be very annoying. So the main thing I'd save would probably be my science notes, as they'd be hard to replace. And also a toy owl that I bought when I was three, and its complementary penguin.

Like other before me have said, Just grab my 360 harddrive and my computer hard drives (and my external I guess).

EDIT: Oh and possibly the 6800 Ultra I have on my bookshelf. And Possibly the mobo/Ram/CPU I have waiting for a PSU and Heatsink/Fan.

EDIT^2: Oh and If I had time, as many of my books as possible, I love my books would hate having to rebuy them all and not having one when I really want to read it.

I thought I was going to have to type sorry for being sad, but my hard drive. But it looks like I won't be alone. Basically my hard drive or my tower if I could get it out in time, because it has countless pictures and videos I've taken from holidays, trips and special times.

I'd probably grab my iPod if it decides to work and my wallet.

Too much... I'd need a huge bag and a hell of a lot of time to grab all this:

- the money I have in my room

- my laptop, has most of my school stuff on it

- my DS Lite and the games, cause I love them muchly

- my stuffed bears (6 of the lot at least)

- my sketch books

- a pair of clothes possibly, so I'd have something to wear...

Yeah, not very realistic. I'd also save my pc tower but that'd be too big and time consuming to save.

An intriguinging thread prospect, I'm a bit of a hoarder as it is, so naturally I'd want to save everything. I'd get my laptop, my broken laptop, and the computer(wouldnt have time to take out the drives) cos of the data on them. My first thoughts were also of all my gaming materials, consoles carts etc etc, so I kinda don't wanna lose the data, even though it's probably easy to redo.

Second to all that, I'd kinda want to get my comics/old NOM mags out, I dunno if I'll ever really read them again, but I don't wanna lose them. Would be a big hassle though, cos there's probably 400+ of them. Photo albums are the most important above all(well, the computers have more recent photos on them too) and also old home videos and stuff and a few teddies from when we was little, but I'm expecting someone else'll be grabbing those. Grab a few cd/dvds with old data from the HDDs on them too.

Debating whether I'd want to try and get my pint glass collection, as each has its own memory of a night out...

Basically, I want to get as many memories out as I can, but I guess that's the normal reaction.

Definitely my phone as the contacts I have on that would take me ages to get again.

Other than that I would bring my USB stick as it's got a backup of all my important documents. Don't really have any photos or anything.

Also my iPod as I have loads of music I don't really want to lose although I could get a lot of it back from my brother's computer.

Also my wallet, that is irreplaceable. Bank cards, driving license, student card, loads of other cards.

Second to all that, I'd kinda want to get my comics/old NOM mags out, I dunno if I'll ever really read them again, but I don't wanna lose them. Would be a big hassle though, cos there's probably 400+ of them. Photo albums are the most important above all(well, the computers have more recent photos on them too) and also old home videos and stuff and a few teddies from when we was little, but I'm expecting someone else'll be grabbing those. Grab a few cd/dvds with old data from the HDDs on them too.

Magz! Ah yeah; I've got every issue of gamesTM (bar #40 despite paying for it to be delivered thanks to a change of publishers... bah), and even issue one's signed by shigsy. Unfortunately a whole bunch of them got soaked recently, so they'll never be worth anything :P But hey, saves me carrying a lot of weight in the fire, right?

It's quite sad, really, but nothing.

Sure there's lots of material stuff that I'd rather have than not, but I don't really have anything of much sentimental value. Reading back the things I've written over the years can be interesting, but I invariably hate everything I write a day or so after doing so, leaving little point in saving it.

It's ironic in a way, as I've always enjoyed collecting things. From Pogs to Achievements in 360 games, I guess I'm a sucker for the gratification of amassing stuff. But, in the end, it doesn't mean much to me; being a collector is a good way into fooling yourself that you're doing something worthwhile.

Sorry, that's a bit downbeat. Then again, we did just theoretically burn down my house.

If my house was on fire, and the cat was caught in the dryer...I'd go ahead and save:

My Guitar

My 360 and games, my Wii, all my gamecube memory cards, my DS and my PSP.

My Laptop

My annotated copy of The Great Gatsby <3

My Stargate/ Scrubs/ House MD/ Dragonball Z DVD collection

And realising now that I'd have no time to save any of that stuff, I'd run out with my guitar in one hand, and my Gamecube memory cards and 360 HDD + DS in the other.

Magz! Ah yeah; I've got every issue of gamesTM (bar #40 despite paying for it to be delivered thanks to a change of publishers... bah), and even issue one's signed by shigsy. Unfortunately a whole bunch of them got soaked recently, so they'll never be worth anything :P But hey, saves me carrying a lot of weight in the fire, right?

So do I :D, had a subscription since the 5th issue.

I <3 :heh:.

i'd be fairly busy saving myself ~ but if i was close to it i'd take my phone with me... thats probebly the most important thing i own :grin:

dont really have anything of enough sentimental value to risk my life over - i'm rather sentimental about not being burned to a crispy death.

Guest Stefkov

I have too much to try and save so I'd not like to think that this would happen. I couldn't prioritize anything.

I wouldn't feel too bad though. I've already experienced a building I've grown up in be destroyed by fire. A lot of my hardword went into a lot of the stuff in that place. That was 3 or 4 years ago now though.