N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest episode (5) of Newswipe was absolutely amazing. So much clever humour and even a MGS4 joke... Incredible Brooker... The delivery of it is better than he must realise.

Brit Awards:

Peter Kay was a surprisingly good host, especially for his 'What a nobhead' comment against Liam Gallagher.

The whole night he was being quite dry and acting as if he wasn't bothered about presenting the Brits, making gags without reacting to them himself. Probably because he knew the audience wouldn't appreciate or be able to hear them.

More Brooker? To the iPlayer!

The whole night he was being quite dry and acting as if he wasn't bothered about presenting the Brits, making gags without reacting to them himself. Probably because he knew the audience wouldn't appreciate or be able to hear them.

He doesn't want to end up like Gervais. Good on him.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1-7

Having watched the complete series and I'm now up to date. I can safely say it is my second favourite show ever. :yay: They can leave it at this and it would be perfect but I want more. :grin:

Season 7 had its ups and downs but the last 2 episodes were fantastic. :D Also Vehicular Fellatio is one of the funniest episodes of anything I've seen including Curb!

Buffy Season 3, up to Bad Girls

I loved The Zeppo. Probably my favourite episode so far...made me laugh a lot, and I loved the shift in narrative to focus on Zander's plot over the "main" one which is meant to be the greatest threat the gang has ever faced. Just a well done episode. Come on Faith. We want cunt.

Faith%20Buffy.jpg

Fight me in the dark

Wrestle your bones over mine

P.S RE: Buffy

I heard that 90's fashion is next to "come back" (as opposed to the current 80's trends). I hope not. I don't understand why everyone wears high-waisted cream pantaloons/ baggy dungarees in this show.

Moar Buffy Season 3

I broke all my fingers due to my lack of understanding of Faith. Now there's una loba en el armario.

I loved the "psychic" episode, just the lunchlady's dialogue, clearly from the film I'll write/direct in the future.

*shaking/crying etc* "You-you're vermin...you come in here and eat..you're fi-i-i-illth..."

EDIT:

Now finished Season 3. I think it's my favourite of the 3 I've seen...frequently funny writing and some interesting stories.

Thoughts:

-I kinda hated how Faith was SO "evil" in the end. Fair enough be rogue and join the villain, but I don't understand why she'd literally help a demon lord ascend or whatever. Just makes no sense. I know she's mentally fucked but still. There's boundaries.

-Thank fuck Angel is gone. I was so bored. I hated how every other episode she was like "I need a break", then they're back together next time. I'm glad they finally pointed out what a shit couple they'd make, no sex and no going out in sunglight, among other things. I know Cordelia leaves to join Angel at some point, and she's so entertaining it may lure me over (I assume that's why Joss put her in Angel? Because she'd attract Buffy fans who might not be that interested in Angel.). I like Anya, and how she was slowly built up character-wise. A joke story too. I know she sticks around from my general knowledge of Buffy in the future.

- I enjoyed the final battle, even if the CG was so bad, it actually annoyed me. I dealt. I just love how I was shouting "OMG WTF why are none of the students running?!" and then I was shown the light.

- I really liked the Prom episode, just cause of speech in Buffy's honour. Felt so rare for something like that to happen in these kinda shows, or Idk, just unlikely. But felt touching cause she actually saved the school and many of it's students a few too many times. I was kinda hoping she'd cry to make it more dramatic. I think that episode just reminded me of my end of school last year and how strangely/suddenly emotional everyone felt.

Edited by Paj!

This claims documentary on C4 is absolutely disgusting.

I couldn't agree more.

The beginning part where a kids parents are sueing the school because the kid "forgot" there was a drain on the concrete where he was playing football. Sod off is all i can say to that.

Now then if you would excuse me, i'm off to "forget" about the pothole in the middle of the road. And if that fails, then i may "forget" about a loose branch. And then i shall make my claim for "compensation".

Edited by Jimbob

Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Chosen (Last episode ever)

Caught it on FX but I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't spoil it for Paj :)

I really enjoyed it but I just can't help but hate the way it ended. I mean, the battle and everything was fantastic but there were a couple of things that nagged at me. One being Buffy getting stabbed and then the next minute, she's fighting and running like nothing happened and the second being the way Sunnydale just went and collapsed. Though the scene with Buffy and Spike was great and I really liked it...but the ending!!!

5/10

Being Human- Season 2

This is seriously way better than the first season and I adored the first. The last episode had me at the edge of my seat. I can't wait for season three!

9.5/10

Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Chosen (Last episode ever)

Caught it on FX but I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't spoil it for Paj :)

I've seen ALL of the last season! I got into Buffy while the last season was airing, and just watched it for the sake of it. I only really remember bits of the last one, and the fact Nathan Fillion is the villain, but I can't remember any plot points or anything. So yeah. It's kinda annoying cause I know lots of things that happen like

Dawn (just the fact she exists), Cordelia leaving etc, Spike turning "good" etc.

Moar Buffy Season 3

I broke all my fingers due to my lack of understanding of Faith. Now there's una loba en el armario.

I loved the "psychic" episode, just the lunchlady's dialogue, clearly from the film I'll write/direct in the future.

EDIT:

Now finished Season 3. I think it's my favourite of the 3 I've seen...frequently funny writing and some interesting stories.

Thoughts:

-I kinda hated how Faith was SO "evil" in the end. Fair enough be rogue and join the villain, but I don't understand why she'd literally help a demon lord ascend or whatever. Just makes no sense. I know she's mentally fucked but still. There's boundaries.

-Thank fuck Angel is gone. I was so bored. I hated how every other episode she was like "I need a break", then they're back together next time. I'm glad they finally pointed out what a shit couple they'd make, no sex and no going out in sunglight, among other things. I know Cordelia leaves to join Angel at some point, and she's so entertaining it may lure me over (I assume that's why Joss put her in Angel? Because she'd attract Buffy fans who might not be that interested in Angel.). I like Anya, and how she was slowly built up character-wise. A joke story too. I know she sticks around from my general knowledge of Buffy in the future.

- I enjoyed the final battle, even if the CG was so bad, it actually annoyed me. I dealt. I just love how I was shouting "OMG WTF why are none of the students running?!" and then I was shown the light.

- I really liked the Prom episode, just cause of speech in Buffy's honour. Felt so rare for something like that to happen in these kinda shows, or Idk, just unlikely. But felt touching cause she actually saved the school and many of it's students a few too many times. I was kinda hoping she'd cry to make it more dramatic. I think that episode just reminded me of my end of school last year and how strangely/suddenly emotional everyone felt.

Season 3 is my fav season of Buffy, I absolutely loved the finale.

You should also watch all of Angel if you get a chance. I hated the character when he was on Buffy but hes brilliant in his own show. Now they are bother over I would actually say overall tha Angel was the better series.