NEurope
AshMat

Duke Nukem Forever!

^ Yeah I saw that, but don't you find his 'reviews' are getting less funny every Wednesday that passes?

^ Yeah I saw that, but don't you find his 'reviews' are getting less funny every Wednesday that passes?

Completely. But at least I didn't space out on this one.

Well you obviously take his reviews with a bit more than a pinch of salt. He ripped into Uncharted and MGS4, some complaints were dumb, some were right, but in the end it's entertainment and can be very funny.

From Joystiq

Rumor: Duke Nukem Forever being completed by Gearbox

dnf530pxheaderimgnumber2.jpg

According to unnamed sources speaking with Kotaku and "claiming to have knowledge of the situation," development on Duke Nukem Forever is continuing -- until completion -- with Borderlands developer Gearbox Software. Stranger still, the sources also claim that a "playable demo" will be distributed at some point "later this year." While Take-Two confirmed that it retains the rights to DNF, it didn't offer any comment on the matter.

Gearbox head Randy Pitchford couldn't say anything either, but did note that he might be able to "better clarify the situation" at this year's PAX Prime. Duke Nukem creator George Broussard declined to comment as well. Although this is most certainly a "rumor" for now, we'd still like to wish Gearbox the best of luck over the next 15 years.

Fingers crossed eh?

wonder if this is the game that Anthony Burch formally of Destructoid is doing the writing for.

I know this wouldn't stay dead.

I never had any doubt that it was still going tbh, when 3D Realms collapsed as a developer it was strongly hinted that DNF would "go the way of Prey" and move to an external developer. I'm sure I even remember reading a quote somewhere where Broussard said he couldn't finish the game because there was always something else to add and that he'd handed development to aopther studio as a result.

Anyhow, Gearbox. Wicked! I honestly believe we'll be playing this by this time next year. Hopefully it's not another 'Too Human' :blush:

It was obvious it wouldn't die.

Way too much finished high-quality assets, animations, full levels, engine work and tools were sitting there.

Just needed a decent developer to finish it.

Sod that Gearbox finish Colonial Marines! Saying that they might make half a decent game out of whatever's left. Probably won't stop it from being another Too Human.

Yeah, it's official now. Gearbox have picked it up. Crazy talk- to think we'll actually see Duke Nukem Forever boxes in retail stores!

Yeah, it's official now. Gearbox have picked it up. Crazy talk- to think we'll actually see Duke Nukem Forever boxes in retail stores!

I personally think they should delay it and release it on the 21st December, 2012.

Good to see that game in a very playable state now. I hope it can live up to today's shooter standards without loosing that 80s action movie style Duke Nukem 3D had.

And DNF should better have some babes too :D

I personally think they should delay it and release it on the 21st December, 2012.

Be a nice birthday present from you, thanks.

I think it should be mandatory that every gamer has to buy it just for the sheer awesomeness that is the fact that its coming out.

Pretty crazy that they decided to keep the name and everything. I'd love to see a video comparing the state Gearbox got the game in, and then the final product when it ships.

I'm gonna wheel out my N64 at some point this week and play Duke Nukem 64 in honour of this revival.

I thought this was a hoax on IGN originally... cant believe we'll finally be able to Kick ass and chew bubble gum some more.