NEurope
AshMat

Duke Nukem Forever!

Interesting trailer.

Also, i've never even played Duke Nukem before, but the fact this has been in production for so long, and so many delays, just makes it exciting when new stuff surfaces.

It's a lie! They just want us to keep believing!

But it's not a bad teaser, the one liner was nice and as always awesome music.

Wait, what? This game actually still exists!?

*Watches trailer.*

Okay, it doesn't look like anything spectacular or innovative, but there's still a chance this could be really fun. Now that there's actually a new teaser out for this, I'm interested to see how it turns out.

That is shockingly, yet laughably awful! Forget the fact that he looks shit and his voice is a disaster, the actual trailer was truly awful - what chimp did they get to put that together! After all that time they should have come out and really impressed!

So, so bad.......

Considering the amount of time it's been, in development whatever it looks awful.

It looks like that was thrown together in a few days, would have thought they'd go for a bit more extravagant stuff.

Well, it was only a TEASER trailer, so you can't expect too much. Apparently a full trailer will follow soon. Although, with 3D Realms track-record, "soon" could be another few year wait. :heh:

Apparently it was made by a couple of people doing overtime and with the intention of showing it at their christmas party. They decided to release it.

So yeah, it was thrown together in a couple of days.

What's the deal with people slagging it off?

Someone mentioned it didn't look "spectacular or innovative", but... it's Duke Nukem. It was never meant to be either of those. Cannot judge it based on that teaser.

Someone mentioned it didn't look "spectacular or innovative", but... it's Duke Nukem. It was never meant to be either of those. Cannot judge it based on that teaser.

True but impressions count. If it were me I wouldn't want to release a teaser that would give a negative impression of the game. I'd want to be releasing a teaser of the highest possible quality. For me I now just have a vision of the game which is going to be terrible.

________

Sikhism Dicussion

Edited by fex

Yeah, i did say that. With the length of time it's been in development, I just thought there'd be a bit more to it. After all, 3D Realms were going on about "tons of interaction" in DNF, and they went as far to call it "crazy."

Although, it's only a 1 min trailer, so it could be in there. I'm not going to be too disappointed if it's got no innovations, that was only a minor concern. I didn't mean to make it sound like a big issue. As long as it's Duke, and as long as it's fun, it'll still be good. :)

Btw, I've just realised there could be more to the "Stay tuned" at the end of the trailer. Normally they say "When it's done", so maybe there'll be a release date soon? That, or I'm looking too deep into it. :heh:

I think really this was just to show that Forever is still in production and will still be released.

pffft! Duke Nukem isn´t about being "spectacular" and "inovative" It´s about Hardecore manliness!. As long as i get to hear one liners and kill some alien scum, i´m content

Duke Nukem is just an adult rated Serious Sam. It's about big weapons, big blood, big one-liners and big boobs.

Theres not meant to be any innovation

Duke Nukem is just an adult rated Serious Sam. It's about big weapons, big blood, big one-liners and big boobs.

Theres not meant to be any innovation

The man speaketh the truth!

I swear... the nay-sayers probably haven´t played a Duke Nukem game and are playing in on the "over 10 years in production hype" :heh:

"Im gonna rip off your head and shit down your neck".. and for those who havent played the game.. he actually does it...

We used to lay ruin to my schools network when we downloaded the multiplayer demo.. we actually got a deal with our IT guy.. no Dukenukem before 4 i the afternoon..

The problem this game has got is that it's been so long in the making, and sooo hyped and anticipated that if it doesn't look as good as Crysis, have the impact of Quake, have the tight design of the first 3D Duke Nukem and have the kind of wonderful innovation seen in the first Halo, then this will be classed as a flop. The developers have made this all very difficult for themselves.

The problem this game has got is that it's been so long in the making, and sooo hyped and anticipated that if it doesn't look as good as Crysis, have the impact of Quake, have the tight design of the first 3D Duke Nukem and have the kind of wonderful innovation seen in the first Halo, then this will be classed as a flop. The developers have made this all very difficult for themselves.

High standards?

Those people you are referring too are people who only know Duke Nukem as "the game that has been in development for over 10 years"

McPhee pretty much said what needs to needs to be said about what standards a Duke Nukem game has

It's still going to have to do something special to justify having been in development hell for 10 years, even within the standards of a Duke Nukem game.