NEurope
AshMat

Duke Nukem Forever!

hahahahaha

These arseholes deserve to go under. They've been stringing along investors and publishers with the promise of a game that would never come out for years. They're a joke in the industry and the whole saga of DNF has been a debacle to say the very least.

They changed engine something like 4 or 5 times.

such a bunch of shit. did they make anything in all this time? Who in god's name funded this debacle, and with what?

Its just amazing. How was this allowed to happen!

Kotaku have screenshots up: http://kotaku.com/5245883/duke-nukem-forever-screen-shots-artwork-rise-from-3d-realms-grave

It looked a bit Haloish to me, lol. Although the creature designs are pretty interesting...

I wouldn't mind seeing some city levels, but even without them, I like the look of those space ones. There was always a different sort of atmosphere in Duke Nukem, so it might look generic but it shouldn't feel generic.

What about the other IPs, presumably held by 3D realms? Prey and Max Payne? *hasn't a clue who owns the rights at all*

Duke's too good a character to dissapear forever, mind you!

What about the other IPs, presumably held by 3D realms? Prey and Max Payne? *hasn't a clue who owns the rights at all*

Duke's too good a character to dissapear forever, mind you!

Max Payne was developed by Remedy, with 3D Realms taking the production role. Rockstar published the sequel, so I think they may have the rights to it. Infact, the official Max Payne 3 site has the Rockstar logo at the bottom of the page, so it is likely to be them.

3D Realms published Prey, as a joint publishing Deal with 2K, so 2K have probably secured the rights to it. Human Head Studios were the developers.

Also, I agree, Duke is deffinitely too good a character to vanish for good (oh, I liked your pun too. :heh:) I'm sure 2K will pass development on to another studio for completion, and we might actually see a release date for it...

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Kotaku have screenshots up: http://kotaku.com/5245883/duke-nukem-forever-screen-shots-artwork-rise-from-3d-realms-grave

It looked a bit Haloish to me, lol. Although the creature designs are pretty interesting...

10+ years for that lol what a JOKE!

Also, I was always amused when that dick George Broussard used to announce (each generation) that DNF would not appear on Nintendo's new console. Well it's now official, it definetely won't ahhahahha, or anywhere else for that matter. Collect your P45 George!

I think the footage looks good, seems to be what I'd imagine a new Duke game to be like. :hehe: The sound quality of his voice seemed a bit wonky but inline with how it always sounded. Cheers for the linkage chaps!

...kind of interesting. Not '12 years of a would be masters working their genius' interesting, but..well it looks like a shooter. It could have been fun, certainly.

It looked awesome, they might be inefficient but they're certainly competent. Love the animations on the enemies, and it looks exactly what I expect from a badass Duke game.

Ha! That'd be the most awesome marketing for this game. I'm not too fussed about it all though. I won't keep my hopes up, never been into Duke.

Take-Two Sues Apogee Over ‘Duke Nukem’

Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., the maker of the “Grand Theft Auto” video games, sued Apogee Software Ltd.’s 3D Realms over the failed development of a sequel to the “Duke Nukem” game called “Duke Nukem Forever.”

Take-Two, owner of the publishing rights to the game, said Apogee breached an agreement to design the latest installment of Duke Nukem, a game in which the player “shoots” enemies. The new version has been under development since 1997, the company said yesterday in a complaint in a state court in Manhattan.

3D Realms, which was based in Garland, Texas, never produced the game and instead closed its studio on May 6, terminated development of the game and fired employees who had been involved in the Duke Nukem project, Take-Two said.

“Apogee continually delayed the completion date for the Duke Nukem Forever,” Take-Two said in the complaint. “Apogee repeatedly assured Take-Two and the video-gaming community that it was diligently working toward competing development of the PC Version of the Duke Nukem Forever.”

Take-Two said in 2000 it had an agreement with Apogee and paid $12 million for publishing rights to the forthcoming game. In 2007, the two companies entered into a second agreement.

The case is Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. v. Apogee Software Ltd. 601457/2009, New York State Supreme Court, New York County (Manhattan).

Redstone Sued by Midway Games Creditors Over Sale of 87% Stake

Looks like the conspiracy theory idea is out, then.

It's... super conspiracy theory time!

3D Realms Release Pertaining to Recent Events Surrounding Duke Nukem Forever

Despite rumors and statements to the contrary, 3D Realms (3DR) has not closed and is not closing. 3DR retains ownership of the Duke Nukem franchise. Due to lack of funding, however, we are saddened to confirm that we let the Duke Nukem Forever (DNF) development team go on May 6th, while we regroup as a company. While 3DR is a much smaller studio now, we will continue to operate as a company and continue to license and co-create games based upon the Duke Nukem franchise.

As some of you may know, Take-Two filed a lawsuit last week containing various accusations and claims against 3DR and the uncompleted DNF game. Take-Two never paid 3DR advances or any signing bonus or any other funds related to DNF, up until July 2008, at which time they paid $2.5m in connection with another agreement for an unannounced game. This is the sum total Take-Two has paid 3DR in connection with DNF. Take-Two claims that they paid $12m to GT Interactive/Infogrames to acquire the publishing rights for the DNF game. To be clear, 3DR was not a party to that transaction and did not receive any money from it. When the DNF game was originally signed with GT Interactive in 1998, GT paid 3DR a $400,000 signing bonus. Up until July 2008, this was the only publisher money we received for the DNF game. Meanwhile, 3DR put over $20m into the production of DNF.

Take-Two retains publishing rights for the DNF game, although 3DR retains certain rights to sell the game directly to the public. Late last year, 3DR began negotiations with Take-Two to provide funding to complete the DNF game. In the meantime, 3DR was hitting mutually-agreed milestones, despite not having a new agreement finalized. Take-Two was well aware that 3DR needed the funding to continue the DNF game development. Suddenly, after months of negotiations, Take-Two materially changed the parameters of the proposed funding agreement. 3DR informed Take-Two that it could not financially afford the changes Take-Two was suggesting and would be forced to release the team if an agreement was not reached. Take-Two made a last minute proposal to acquire the Duke Nukem franchise and the 3DR development team. Take-Two's proposal was unacceptable to 3DR for many reasons, including no upfront money, no guarantee minimum payment, and no guarantee to complete the DNF game. From 3DR's perspective, we viewed Take-Two as trying to acquire the Duke Nukem franchise in a "fire sale." Those negotiations fell through on May 4th, a deal never materialized, and the DNF team was sadly released a few days later. [/B]

Less than a week after the DNF team was released, Take-Two filed its lawsuit in New York, seeking immediate temporary injunctive relief. The court denied Take-Two's request for a temporary restraining order. While we cannot comment on the details of the ongoing lawsuit, we believe Take-Two's lawsuit is without merit and merely a bully tactic to obtain ownership of the Duke Nukem franchise. We will vigorously defend ourselves against this publisher.

All this is saying is that Take-Two tried to buy the IP after giving no money, no guarantee payment and no guarantee to complete the game because of 3DR messing about over the years.

Edited by Dante