NEurope
AshMat

Duke Nukem Forever!

It just keeps getting better and better.

..does it? ::shrug:

I found that video to be genuinely crap :hmm: Feces ain't funny, kids :nono:

Wow thats a crappy trailer!

I agree that it's a shit trailer...

...but I still shamefully laughed. :laughing:

Yes, toilet humour is something that is sadly lacking from far too many games these days.

Bullshit it isn't, that's the best game promotion I've seen in years.

Love the trailer or hate it - It got us all talking which is exactly what it was desiged to do.

I don't get it. This is Duke Nukem. True to how it's always been. If you don't like the humour or style then, why be here.

I don't get it. This is Duke Nukem. True to how it's always been. If you don't like the humour or style then, why be here.

I go where I please and I please where I go..

There are plenty of things about Duke Nukem that will bring a smile to your face and the voice did its best to make that trailer decent but I don't really see the humour in throwing 'crap' around ::shrug:

I go where I please and I please where I go..

There are plenty of things about Duke Nukem that will bring a smile to your face and the voice did its best to make that trailer decent but I don't really see the humour in throwing 'crap' around ::shrug:

Well that's fair enough :) I just don't understand a few peoples attitudes (not just here by the way). It's not going to be groundbraking. It's not going to set standards lol. It is essentially a decade old, Gearboxs' only job was to finish and polish. They weren't asked to change it. If they were that'd defeat the purpose?

I haven't looked into this so I could be very wrong, but I thought Gearbox had done a lot more than that? I was under the impression that they practically rebuilt it.

^No, in fact as far as I'm aware a number of the original developers are actually still working on the game within the studio that's working on it.

Like people like George Broussard, etc have no input anymore I dont think but it's very much just continuing the spirit of the project that was started at 3DRealms and taking it to completion.

All the demo stuff leading up to the football field thing and then Duke getting blown by 2 women is all from work 3DRealms made I think.

A friend reckons he has beta keys for this, but when I asked for one he got a bit cagey, and I haven't heard back from him since yesterday tea time so I'm a bit dubious.

I wonder if he perhaps means this;

IMAG0101.jpg

Which is not the code you get inside Borderlands, but instead a code we've been given at GAME but with no instructions as of yet.

I really should register that code.

Edit: Code registered; lol

Edited by Dyson

Yep, turns out that's it pretty much, a pre-order bonus on the balls of steel edition apparently, giving early access to the demo.

A bit disappointing, but better than nothing I suppose.

Another special message about Duke Nukem Forever...

Demo out on June 3rd (for First Access Members) and game has gone gold!!!

Oh yes, it's finally happening!! :grin:

So it's less of an "early access" code and more of a "just-in-time" code :heh:

Did anyone else notice a (real) woman sitting to the right of the Duke poster? I'm wondering if she's there by accident or if this should be some kind of joke or something.

So...when do people who need a demo to convince them to buy it get to play it (as opposed to those they've already convinced to buy the game)?

I'm guessing the Demo will be available to all once the game is released. Could be wrong though... Early access codes were handed out through many other means than pre-ordering, mind.

Aww I want to play on June 3rd :p but won't have access code, boo. Looks good, the rude trailer was a bit silly though!

^Anyone who doesn't like the trailers like that isn't going to like the game! Duke Nukem represents all that stuff!

Saw my first TV ad for this game and like 1:30 ~ 2:00am-ish.....

It was awesome, best ad for a videogame ever!

...well maybe not ever