• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance for a Final Fantasy Sale soon? :D I want FFIX just to play this little gem again and relive my childhood.

But it costs 10€. :eek:

I could just use my PSone copy but I'd much rather play this on my Vita :)

Ive been hoping for that myself. Been regretting not buying the few I wanted the last time they were on sale.

Ive been hoping for that myself. Been regretting not buying the few I wanted the last time they were on sale.

Same here. I only bought FF VI (which I could finally start playing :D ), but I wanted to get FFVIII and FFIX, as well.

They seem perfect to play on the Vita while traveling by train which I will be doing a lot come October.

Ok, so I got my new PS3 today, just about to test that it works etc but assuming that it's fine them I'm going to do a system transfer via Ethernet cable, I've found a guide that goes something like this...

Fat to Slim Data Transfer.

1. Make sure the New PS3 and Old PS3 are using the same Firmware.

2. New PS3 has been logged into PSN with old PS3 PSN account.

3. Deactivate the Old PS3 console Game and Video.

4. Disable Internet Connection and Media Server on both PS3's.

5. Connect the PS3's with a Cross over or Regular CAT5 cable.

6. Initiate Data Transfer From old Console.

7. Wait for transfer to Finish.

8. Login to PSN on New PS3.

I don't know if anyone else on the forum has done this but it was just step 3 that I'm wondering about, do I actually need to deactivate my old PS3? I mean I'm planning on keeping it but I'll now only be using it to play NTSC PS1/PS2 games and to watch Region A Blu Rays... so I suppose I don't need an account to do any of those things, but anyway I was just curious so if anyone has any answers that'd be nice, thanks. :)

For now I'm going to fire up my new PS3 slim and upgrade the firmware.

I dont know about transferring from one Ps3 to another but when it came to swapping hard drives, the built in backup/transfers were such a pain in the ass it ended up being easier to just backup all my saves and trophy info to the cloud and re-download everything.

Ok, so I got my new PS3 today, just about to test that it works etc but assuming that it's fine them I'm going to do a system transfer via Ethernet cable, I've found a guide that goes something like this...

Fat to Slim Data Transfer.

1. Make sure the New PS3 and Old PS3 are using the same Firmware.

2. New PS3 has been logged into PSN with old PS3 PSN account.

3. Deactivate the Old PS3 console Game and Video.

4. Disable Internet Connection and Media Server on both PS3's.

5. Connect the PS3's with a Cross over or Regular CAT5 cable.

6. Initiate Data Transfer From old Console.

7. Wait for transfer to Finish.

8. Login to PSN on New PS3.

I don't know if anyone else on the forum has done this but it was just step 3 that I'm wondering about, do I actually need to deactivate my old PS3? I mean I'm planning on keeping it but I'll now only be using it to play NTSC PS1/PS2 games and to watch Region A Blu Rays... so I suppose I don't need an account to do any of those things, but anyway I was just curious so if anyone has any answers that'd be nice, thanks. :)

For now I'm going to fire up my new PS3 slim and upgrade the firmware.

You don't need to. They just say that since you can only have your games on up to 2 PS3 systems, and they're assuming you don't want to use the old PS3 anymore.

I dont know about transferring from one Ps3 to another but when it came to swapping hard drives, the built in backup/transfers were such a pain in the ass it ended up being easier to just backup all my saves and trophy info to the cloud and re-download everything.

Transferring from one PS3 to another is pretty easy. The hard drive upgrade is a nuisance, but generally you do this once from a low capacity drive with not much stuff on it to a larger one. So for me that wasn't much stuff I cared to redownload.

So far so good, I got the initial setup when I turned it on so it's definitely new, I'm downloading the latest update now seeing as I need to before I can do anything else, it's so nice to have a whisper-quiet PS3 again. :D

I will be glad to get this all sorted so that I can get back to playing Tales of Xillia without worrying that my console is going to overheat and die on me.

----------------------------------------------

Well, the transfer was a success! :D

I did deactivate my account on my original PS3 and then reactivate it on my new slim PS3 but it's ok, I really can't believe how quiet the new console is when playing a game, I'm on Tales of Xillia now and I can barely hear any noise from the machine. :)

Can't see this having been posted, but forgive me if I'm wrong.

PSPlus One Year £30 - http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/product/buy-online/ps3/accessory/284218/playstation-plus-card-1-year-subscription.htm

Unfortunately it's one of those 'collect from (one in a million that have it in stock) store' deals. :(

Cool to hear about Heavy Rain though. It deserved it, I thought it was good fun.

Heavy Rain tops 3 million sales

Pretty impressive for a niche game.

Easily one of my fav games this gen - felt like it was trying something totally new. The tension too when you are in that dudes basement after he drugs you. Immense.

I recently did a cover of the main theme on the piano...(not sure if folk can view as on my Facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201845432526917

Edited by tapedeck

AC3 was pretty good. Especially the naval combat. Miles better than Revelations.

The story / characters / settings were a mere dirt stain compared to the Italy days. :( I really tried to give it a chance (maybe 5-6 hours), but I couldn't like it.

PS+

28th August: Assassin’s Creed 3

28th August: The Jak and Daxter Trilogy

28th August: Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark

28th August: Urban Trial Freestyle

28th August: New Little King’s Story

Jak and Daxter Trilogy, hell yes.