N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

The PSN would really benefit from an equivalent of Xbox Originals, where they just put that shit up for digital download.

It does, although PS2 games are a fairly recent addition. There's not a great selection available at the moment, such are the perils of having to renegotiate licensing agreements years after the fact. I doubt you'll ever see PS2 emulation on the Vita regardless; it's a weird beast to emulate.

The PSP has a pretty great stable of JRPGs. Due to their niche nature they often come at a premium price on PSN, but I've seen a lot of people recommend Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together which is £16. If budget isn't much of a concern then Persona 3 Portable — £28 on PSN — is an obvious suggestion, although Trails in the Sky is the same price and a bit more traditional. Obviously all these games are pretty meaty investments, though, both in terms of time and money, so might be overkill if you're really just binging.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well, fair enough, I suppose there's always the PSone and PSP rosters to fall back on.

As for the JRPG thing; yeah I was just looking for some comfortable and familiar nostalgia rather than wanting to try something new. I think I'll look into Tactics Ogre anyway, seems like my sort of thing.

Ah well, fair enough, I suppose there's always the PSone and PSP rosters to fall back on.

As for the JRPG thing; yeah I was just looking for some comfortable and familiar nostalgia rather than wanting to try something new. I think I'll look into Tactics Ogre anyway, seems like my sort of thing.

I've heard great things about Trails in the Sky for the PSP, its on the PSN store aswell.

Heres a thread on Gaf that may help.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464557

Trine 2 and the first Sly Cooper remaster free on Plus this month. That's insane. Seriously, why does anyone pay for XBL?

Yeah just saw that great deal also early access to Journey! Just looking the US PSN got Motorstorm RC which is likely to annoy as many people as please.

EDIT:

My mistake MS is just reduced.

Edited by flameboy

The US get the Vita version — specifically — of RC for free because of a Toyota promotion; the game's branded as such. That's not just Plus subscribers, everyone can download it for a limited time.

Really glad about Trine 2 as I've had credit set aside for it. Now that can go towards an early copy of Journey instead.

Sly Cooper is brilliant. I have the HD collection ad all 3 are fantastic, although the first is the best IMO.

Also, easy Platinum if that's your bag.

Good to hear... Always thought about getting it but never got round to it. What a week Trine 2 (really liked the original played it a bit on Onlive), Journey and of course Mass Effect 3.

Bought myself three months with plus for the first time. I've been thinking about it for a while but I waited until there was freebies I really wanted.

Sly is pretty good. I laughed when I got a trophy for simply starting up the game. 27% so far. What's the likelyhood of getting Sly 2 next month?

Journey is pretty, but I wonder how much wandering it will take before it simply gets boring. Only went past the surfing level though so I haven't played much.

Farming frenzy or something like that is a fun game to be a "free" game. I will probably attempt a few levels every now and then.

Played Trine 2 for 1-2 minutes but it's very pretty and the gameplay and story sounds very promising.

Bought myself three months with plus for the first time. I've been thinking about it for a while but I waited until there was freebies I really wanted.

Sly is pretty good. I laughed when I got a trophy for simply starting up the game. 27% so far. What's the likelyhood of getting Sly 2 next month?

Journey is pretty, but I wonder how much wandering it will take before it simply gets boring. Only went past the surfing level though so I haven't played much.

Farming frenzy or something like that is a fun game to be a "free" game. I will probably attempt a few levels every now and then.

Played Trine 2 for 1-2 minutes but it's very pretty and the gameplay and story sounds very promising.

I think slim...they want to hook you on the series then reel you in and make you buy the rest. I can't remember a time when they have released one of a series and then another, they have however given away mutiple instalments of a franchise in one go Crash Bandicoot and Resident Evil spring to mind.

Does the Slim have a good track record on keeping in shape? Not that I can get one any time soon.

I think the problem that arises in the regular PS3 does not exist in the slim due to change of components.

I'm gonna duck out of this conversation as last time despite plenty of proof otherwise Choze lambasted me for daring to say there is any problem with Sony hardware and that hardware issues can cause software problems....

bow bow chica chica ooooooucch :awesome:

Ah thanks for doing that for me. My tip would be to avoid playing Dead Nation for 2 hours, because it seems to give the system ideas.

My Slim has survived a couple of mammoth Dead Nation marathons. DLC, included.

I remember when Space Giraffe killed my 360. And most of the cones in my retina.