N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very much looking forward to it!

Pretty much all my friends think it looks lame. They're so fucking retarded.

i side with them. i was a fan of the cartoon as a kid, but i learned from watching transformers (and too an extent star wars) childhood memories to to shit when viewed at an age old enough to vote.

it actualy worries me that people my age (21) enjoyed transformers, these guys can vote. i do enjoy mario though, perhaps im a hypocrit.

btw, that two face looks odd, i'll reserve judgment till i see it move.

Why wouldn't adults enjoy Transformers? I can't get my head around that kind of thinking to be honest.

i have a few reasons i didnt like it, i'll use the adulty ones.

1. the plot was utter wank. clearly very little thought went in.

2. main guy was an annoying prick (could call me a hypocrit here.

3. the autobots were moronic, hiding around the house rather then staying put. wasnt funny. either stay hidden or be blaitent and not give a fuck when some one sees you. it dosent work both ways.

4. every one else seemed stupid. not noticing a robot the size of a house is just wrong.

5. the little robot who went on air force 1. seriously, its little noises and jokey manner had me close to walking out, it was retarded.

6. lack of caracter development. seriously, bumble bee and prime got a sense of depth, but the outher autobots just showed up. didnt even do anything, except one got torn in half, which didnt bother any one apparently.

7. the dialouge, as bad as in star wars.

8. the fighting was confusing, couldnt tell what happened, but i did see two robots twirl, one died.

so yeah, i wasnt fond of it.

1. the plot was utter wank. clearly very little thought went in.

2. main guy was an annoying prick (could call me a hypocrit here.

3. the autobots were moronic, hiding around the house rather then staying put. wasnt funny. either stay hidden or be blaitent and not give a fuck when some one sees you. it dosent work both ways.

4. every one else seemed stupid. not noticing a robot the size of a house is just wrong.

5. the little robot who went on air force 1. seriously, its little noises and jokey manner had me close to walking out, it was retarded.

6. lack of caracter development. seriously, bumble bee and prime got a sense of depth, but the outher autobots just showed up. didnt even do anything, except one got torn in half, which didnt bother any one apparently.

7. the dialouge, as bad as in star wars.

8. the fighting was confusing, couldnt tell what happened, but i did see two robots twirl, one died.

wooo, transformers was wank.

Not into kids films

1. the plot was utter wank. clearly very little thought went in. I thought a lot of thought went in and it was great!

2. main guy was an annoying prick (could call me a hypocrit here. I personally love Shia...but know Im in the minority.

3. the autobots were moronic, hiding around the house rather then staying put. wasnt funny. either stay hidden or be blaitent and not give a fuck when some one sees you. it dosent work both ways. Fair comment.

4. every one else seemed stupid. not noticing a robot the size of a house is just wrong. Fair comment.

5. the little robot who went on air force 1. seriously, its little noises and jokey manner had me close to walking out, it was retarded. Fair comment.

6. lack of caracter development. seriously, bumble bee and prime got a sense of depth, but the outher autobots just showed up. didnt even do anything, except one got torn in half, which didnt bother any one apparently. Meh.

7. the dialouge, as bad as in star wars. Hardly true.

8. the fighting was confusing, couldnt tell what happened, but i did see two robots twirl, one died. Disagree with this personally.

I can understand your reasons, and respect your opinion.

Guest Jordan
wooo, transformers was wank.

Not into kids films

What? "kids" films?

Hell, some of my favourite movies are Pixar movies and i like a crazy action film as much as anyone.

You don't have to limit your choice by age group.

What? "kids" films?

Hell, some of my favourite movies are Pixar movies and i like a crazy action film as much as anyone.

i agree whole hartedly, pixar films are fantastic, they work on more then one level, unfortunatly not all films do. cats vs dogs for example. i think id have liked it as a child, but im not and i didnt.

im very excited about indy 4, just hope my childhood isnt sullied by it (indy passes the test of time, i still enjoy the films today)

old news i know, but any one hear that escape from new york is being remade?

I was bothered cos this was the black robot (what i mean is that it was most likely voiced by a black man) and yet he died out of all the 'bots. Black guy always dies. :blank:

Maybe you need to watch it in a better cinema? I personally thought it was awesome and i remember watching shia in even stevens. Cool actor. Can't comment on other stuff as I am pushed for time.

Synecdoche, New York will be premiering on Friday May 23rd at the Cannes Film Festival.

Wish I had applied to go this year, but I realised too late that I was eligable. Should get reviews the day after and hopefully a trailer very soon, I'm eager to see what this thing is going to look like in motion.

What's the betting that it's a horrible failure and gets booed mercilessly?

EDIT: I have just discovered this on the Cannes website. It contains a couple of new stills from the film, and it's looking pretty good.

What? "kids" films?

I dont , i watch them, and most of them are pooor. With the exception of Shrek and toy story, but i did watch toy story when i was like 8?

Cars and the like are absolutely terrible films, with the same thing going on in each one, main star gets good, drops down to nothing, becomes a hero and somewhere along the way theyll fall in love.

Theyre... CRAP!

I prefer watching series of things compared to films, i like to get lots of info.

Donnie Darko Sequel On The Way

Why? That's all we want to know, why? Screen Daily says this morning that there is a sequel to Donnie Darko not just planned, but actually happening. If you haven't seen Donnie Darko then spoilers follow.

S. Darko will pick up seven years after the death of Donnie, with youngest Darko Samantha, now 18, and her best friend Corey being plagued by bizarre visions while on a roadtrip to Los Angeles.

Richard Kelly, director of Donnie Darko, is not involved in any official capacity and directing duties will instead be taken over by Chris Fisher (Nightstalker). Daveigh Chase, who played Samantha in Kelly's film, will reprise her role, and be joined by Ed Westwick, Briana Evigan and Justin Chatwin.

Again, we ask, why? If ever there were a film less demanding of a sequel, it's Donnie Darko. It tied its story up quite neatly, bringing it absolutely full circle. There were no loose ends. We don't even remember what Samantha did. Of course, a film can't be judged on quality until it's seen, but we fail to see the reason for a sequel's existence – other than, y'know, money.

Taken From Empire

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!