Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

This is my last day of work before Christmas.

Today ; Gambling @ Lunch, cos pay day, Pedo party tonight. Amazing. Actually looking forward to it. (Our friends football team are called the Aylesbury Torpedos ~ ie chants "come on you pedos" and their kit is pink) anyway we have to wear one item of pink clothing. Mine is a hot pink tie. Looks okay, not amazing.

Tomorrow ; Christmas Shopping, then going to Mon Fraeir/Sister house for fun hopefully board game-age. Maybe I can win again at Cluedo as I did last time. :)

Sunday : Merry Xmas Drake and Josh/chill.

Monday : KNEEEEEE meet.

Tuesday : *Shrugs*

Jayseven up at a reasonable time? Is that even possible? :shakehead

hah you are welcome to my flat! It has a tv and nice computer that I won't be able to use.

I have my home in my uni town but back in my hometown I have nada. I am working Sunday night and thats it prior to Christmas so Iw as thinking it'd be nice to go home for the holidays...but I have no home so im stuck here...alone.

Ah well. Once I get this photoshopping done and some uni work done I think I'll move the TV into my bedroom and become hardcore lazy.

It's raining heavily again today! :shakehead And I need to go out to finish xmas shopping and do some food shopping. To make matters worse, this laptop that I'm using to write this isn't working properly, and hasn't really since I got it. 'Tis what I get for letting my dad set everything up. So stuck inside until the weather clears up with nothing to do. Could wrap the pressies I have but honestly can't be bothered. Need to sort out a tree for the house (seriously, 6 days till xmas and we don't have one up :heh:) but may not bother as it's going to be hard to find somewhere to put it due to all of my nephew's toys and the cats will be climbing the damn thing. Will figure out a compromise if necessary. May just be a much smaller tree than usual (normally have a 7ft one).

Ye gods, I got up at 9am this morning. That's disturbingly normal, not that I'm complaining or anything. Will be busy in the near future - I've got a dentists appointment today, a wedding to go to tomorrow, a family thing on Sunday, KNEEEE meet Monday, meeting friends the next day, my sister's birthday to celebrate at some point, Christmas on Thursday, and the London go congress between Christmas and New Year. And then I'm back up to Cambridge in early January. Hmm, still have two essays to write and a lot of books to read before then.

Last night was terrible. I've never gone to bed at 9:30pm for a long time, but because i was ill with a temperature and was shiviring etc, i had to go to bed and rest. Wrapped up to attempt to sweat it out, of which it worked. All i got left now is a mild sore throat, a partial blocked nose and a little irritating cough.

Which is good as it is the last day of work today for a fortnight and so am going out with the guys after work for a few bevvies.

Skimming through what I've missed of this thread sounds like alot of people have the same as me.

Been severely ill since Wednesday. Started off with a pounding headache and a body aching so much I could barely get up and get to the toilet. Also have; completely dry throat, blocked nose, severe dizzyness, aversion to light, nausea and hot/cold spells. Went to the hospital Wednesday night for blood tests and such because apparently alot of my symptoms are similar to that of meningitis. Thankfully I'm missing that all important rash. There was something low in my blood (can't remember what it was though, some complicated medical jargon) and my temperature was 39 but my BP/glucose/white blood cell count were all mostly normal. Feel like absolute shit, and thereby have missed the awesome last few days before Christmas at school, but at least my friend came round with my Secret Santa present. Yay for £15 iTunes voucher.

Only reason I'm out of my bed is we have a plumber in to fix the shower. Eurgh.

Skimming through what I've missed of this thread sounds like alot of people have the same as me.

Been severely ill since Wednesday. Started off with a pounding headache and a body aching so much I could barely get up and get to the toilet. Also have; completely dry throat, blocked nose, severe dizzyness, aversion to light, nausea and hot/cold spells. Went to the hospital Wednesday night for blood tests and such because apparently alot of my symptoms are similar to that of meningitis. Thankfully I'm missing that all important rash. There was something low in my blood (can't remember what it was though, some complicated medical jargon) and my temperature was 39 but my BP/glucose/white blood cell count were all mostly normal. Feel like absolute shit, and thereby have missed the awesome last few days before Christmas at school, but at least my friend came round with my Secret Santa present. Yay for £15 iTunes voucher.

Only reason I'm out of my bed is we have a plumber in to fix the shower. Eurgh.

This is the reason we have NHS Direct. You had/have the exact same symptoms that I'm just about getting over.

(I had to re-type this 4 times before i got it right T_T)

Monday: Work, 9 hour shift

Tuesday: Saw my friends

Wednesday: Work, 9 hour shift

Thursday: Work, 9 hour shift

Today: Work, 9 hour shift

Tomorrow: Work, 9 hour shift

Sunday: Sleep. A lot.

Monday: Work, 9 hour shift until 2am.

Tuesday: Work, 9 hour shift until 2am. Again.

Wednesday/Xmas Eve: Work; 4/5 hour shift.

Xmas Day: Probably sleep at this rate.

This is the reason we have NHS Direct. You had/have the exact same symptoms that I'm just about getting over.

(I had to re-type this 4 times before i got it right T_T)

Yeah but my parents were worried it may have been meningitis although I didn't have the rash. Didn't want to self diagnose it.

Indeed, I did a self diagnosis on NHS Direct just now as an experiment and after two questions I got this;

Call 999

Your answers suggest you need to dial 999 immediately and ask for an ambulance.

Hmm..pirate day at work today. Got the shirt, bandana and sword sorted but have no bottoms to go with it. I might just wear these somewhat ripped washed out blue jeans :heh:

And if you have one take a cuddly toy parrot.

I remember one pirate party a few years back where I got so drunk I started giving beer (pouring it over his head) to my toy parrot I took and then thought it was absolutely hilarious to tell people he was drunk....sigh.

Hmm..pirate day at work today. Got the shirt, bandana and sword sorted but have no bottoms to go with it. I might just wear these somewhat ripped washed out blue jeans :heh:

You could be a pirate just out of a brothel, and either being drunk with a skirt, or you lost your bottoms somewhere. Either would be hilariously perfect.

spent 35 mins waiting in the wind and rain for a bus that never showed up (supposed to come every 15 mins) its become more then a joke now, that bus never turns up. not even late. As a result, I've cancled my hair cut and rescheduled for 9am tommorow, and will need a lift to get there.

bus company has recived a complaint. hopfully they will sort there act out. im young and fit, most of the people waiting are old and frail, for them its dangerous to be outside in the cold for so long.

Middle of playing L4D, coughing like mad... then a HUGE piece of phloem comes up... Not nice :-/

Thankfully it landed on my glass desk rather than my keyboard.

I'm back home from Uni! Woo!

Last night, just before I left , something interesting happened: a friend of mine who I've heard liked me, when I told her I was about to leave, she asked me to come over so she could say goodbye. I went round to hers (her building is opposite mine), and we talked for a couple of minutes in her kitchen, and then I told her I'd have to go as my dad and sister would be here any second to pick me and my stuff up. We hugged, and it was one of those lingering hugs that would become very awkward with a lot of people, but it wasn't.

I felt her turn her head round to face mine, and I thought "screw principles and the fact we wont see each other for a month, it's Christmas!" I started to do the same.

"Hey guys!"

Shit.

One of her friends walks in, and she instantly moves out of the hug. Then, with a second bout of 'perfect' timing in as many seconds, my phone rings, and my dad and sister are outside in the freezing cold and rain, leaving me with no option but to say goodbye, wish her a merry Christmas and, go.

Well, at least the start of next semester will be nice and interesting...

........How...are we supposed to use this inf....I mean...

...Like why do we need to....

*Sigh*

You don't have to comment its how my day was (mostly coughing up huge amounts of phloem) ;).

I'm back home from Uni! Woo!

Last night, just before I left , something interesting happened: a friend of mine who I've heard liked me, when I told her I was about to leave, she asked me to come over so she could say goodbye. I went round to hers (her building is opposite mine), and we talked for a couple of minutes in her kitchen, and then I told her I'd have to go as my dad and sister would be here any second to pick me and my stuff up. We hugged, and it was one of those lingering hugs that would become very awkward with a lot of people, but it wasn't.

I felt her turn her head round to face mine, and I thought "screw principles and the fact we wont see each other for a month, it's Christmas!" I started to do the same.

"Hey guys!"

Shit.

One of her friends walks in, and she instantly moves out of the hug. Then, with a second bout of 'perfect' timing in as many seconds, my phone rings, and my dad and sister are outside in the freezing cold and rain, leaving me with no option but to say goodbye, wish her a merry Christmas and, go.

Well, at least the start of next semester will be nice and interesting...

I think I've seen the same thing happen in countless movies.

Also, Jordan er....little donkey(?).....damn dude