N-Europe

I would forgo turkey for pigs in blankets and stuffing anyday, but alas it's tradition so I'll stick by it! Oh and I love Christmas, love love it. It's the most wonderful time of the year....

I'll leave now before Haggis shoots me.

I would forgo turkey for pigs in blankets and stuffing anyday, but alas it's tradition so I'll stick by it! Oh and I love Christmas, love love it. It's the most wonderful time of the year....

I'll leave now before Haggis shoots me.

Haha, I'm just being relentlessley bitter because shiz always goes down at home around Christmas. It's like "Ooo it's Christmas" and then BAM family problems galore.

Manchester? Leeds? Brighton? Cardiff? Swansea? Glasgow?

Not sure if any of them do what you want (presume they do) but they're big cities...

Speaking of. I need to sort myself out. I'd like to do television studies but I don't think im ever going to find a course that is what I want of it (for example Birkbeck's is the history of) so I may do the Japanese Cultural Studies or Japanese Creative Industries Studies one at Birkbeck but I emailed the department head last week to make sure I am on the right lines of the difference and not heard back :/

Applying to Leeds, Bristol, Cambridge (Must.Get.In) and Coventry (Good course). Hmm. Cheers for the ideas anyways. :)

Lots of poetry stuff been happening over the past few days. Had a poetry class with the (that's the) poet laureate of Suffolk County, New York called George Wallace, who is, and I really think the term is appropriate here, one of the best mother-fucking poets I've ever heard or read.

I need to shove a final uni choice on my ucas, and have NO idea where to put. Literally been searching for hours and still no clue.

I want a big city, that does journalism (and maybe film studies with it). But cannot decide where to apply. London is too expensive, newcastle has the terrible accent (can't stand it), liverpool I have no clue about etc.

God, I'm stuck. And I need to send it by tomorrow morning.

There are ways around this...not sure what they are, but there are ways. :heh:

Haha, I'm just being relentlessley bitter because shiz always goes down at home around Christmas. It's like "Ooo it's Christmas" and then BAM family problems galore.

Ah well of course that's fair enough, if Christmas has a bad history in your house, you're bound to feel the way you do. Maybe if you're not excited at all about it, it'll surprise you. Anywho I hope you have a better one, if in doubt, have a rum and pineapple. :)

Living with your gf is kinda annoying at times, I find it impossible to do any work, or even any of the things I used to do, like post on here, or listen to podcasts. It makes me sad. Anyway, my sleeping pattern has made it so that I haven't seen the light of day, unless it's been just before I go to sleep, for about a week now. Still need to complete Gears of War 2.

Manchester? Leeds? Brighton? Cardiff? Swansea? Glasgow?

Not sure if any of them do what you want (presume they do) but they're big cities...

Brighton is a tiiny place :P But oh so lovely!

Living with your gf is kinda annoying at times, I find it impossible to do any work, or even any of the things I used to do, like post on here, or listen to podcasts. It makes me sad. Anyway, my sleeping pattern has made it so that I haven't seen the light of day, unless it's been just before I go to sleep, for about a week now. Still need to complete Gears of War 2.

My sleeping pattern is fucked. I slept like all of yesterday, and now it's 7:35am and I've got an essay to finish for monday 4pm. I figure i'll grab some sleep just as this sun rises, and probably wake up around 3/4pm, as it sets.

Now I live with my girlfriend I can't do as much geeky stuff as I usually do. Only for fear she'll realise the mistake she made and run like the wind.

Well, yesterday, two of my housemates shouted at me. We were all watching X-Factor, and one of their boyfriend's made a comment about how there wasn't actually a semi-final or quarter final in the competition, and I agreed with him. Before I knew it, my two housemates just let rip into me. Basically said that I was being bitchy and annoying all week, when I've said fuck all!

Earlier that day, one of them said to me "Oh, you never asked if I was alright yesterday, when I was upset!" and she made a big deal over it.

Lets R-R-R-Rewind back shall we?

The first thing I ALWAYS do whenever I get in from placement is ask everyone "Are you alright?" It's kinda like my phrase, and I do constantly ask everyone if they're ok, but I do like to make sure people are ok. So, that day was no exception. Got in, coat off by the door, bag by the stairs, went into the living room "You alright?" Nobody fucking answered! No hi, no "how was your day?" And that's with a room full of people, who were dead silent when I got in. So, how dare they have a go at me for not asking something when I blatantly did, and they know it.

So, I told it to them straight. I said "The first thing I do whenever I get in is ask how you are, and you didn't bother to fucking answer. So, don't have a go at me for not asking something, when I blatantly did." - or words to that effect.

The same two basically said back "oooo, Jim's getting bitchy this week."

*rips hair out*

I've not said fack all this week! For the love of Mokong!

So, that was yesterday, and I also went to the pub to watch the Man United game, with the same housemate's boyfriend, which was quite nice.

But yeah, the room was quiet when they ripped into me. Other housemates were there too, and as soon as others had left the room, they asked if I was ok, how they didn't think I'd done anything wrong. Wasn't really that happy with them, and I'm not going to bother speaking to them. If they even think about apologising, they can shove it up their arse.

This morning, I've made myself Friend Egg Breads/Eggy Breads/French Toast, and they were lovely. Just doing some lesson plans before I go shopping later. Gotta buy some Christmas presents.

People can be arseholes. I think sadly it's part of human nature (as we all act like arseholes sometimes).

Hope the rest of your day is better.

And Christmas shopping on Sunday? Man, I wish stores were even open here on Sundays, that way I could get some shopping done too. =(

Anyway, I'm trying to draw a ton of illustration sketches that need to be done tomorrow (coloured sketches), so I can send them to the publisher. I need to draw a duck that rolls over the ground... impossible to draw without the duck looking dead! D:

Gotta be at work in an hour. Don't feel like going (too much school work to finish), but I need the bit of money I can get there. Merf.

Now I live with my girlfriend I can't do as much geeky stuff as I usually do. Only for fear she'll realise the mistake she made and run like the wind.

I feel for you I really do. I actually feel for myself if I ever move in with a boyfriend, they will have to like gaming, otherwise I cannot for the life of me be around them all the time!

People can be arseholes. I think sadly it's part of human nature (as we all act like arseholes sometimes).

Hope the rest of your day is better.

And Christmas shopping on Sunday? Man, I wish stores were even open here on Sundays, that way I could get some shopping done too. =(

Anyway, I'm trying to draw a ton of illustration sketches that need to be done tomorrow (coloured sketches), so I can send them to the publisher. I need to draw a duck that rolls over the ground... impossible to draw without the duck looking dead! D:

Gotta be at work in an hour. Don't feel like going (too much school work to finish), but I need the bit of money I can get there. Merf.

Thanks, gorgeous. :)

They've both been up this morning, and haven't said anything to me (that includes good morning) which I find a bit...crappy. But, screw them.

I don't remember, do they not open there? That's a shame, as I get so much shopping done on Sundays. The shops tend to open at 10 and close at around 4 or 5, which is pretty handy. Also, because of Christmas, some of the places don't close on weekdays til 7. :D

A duck that rolls around on the ground? How incredible random, haha. Hope its going ok.

Remember, get through the bad to get to the good. :)

I feel for you I really do. I actually feel for myself if I ever move in with a boyfriend, they will have to like gaming, otherwise I cannot for the life of me be around them all the time!

heh, this is so true! You have to be yourself when you live with someone or its not an honest relationship. ^^

heh, this is so true! You have to be yourself when you live with someone or its not an honest relationship. ^^

Indeed! Which means putting up with me being on the computer or gaming for hours on end. Oh and reading can't forget that!

Going to go food shopping and then lazy around today :). Trying to keep positive, yesterday made me really miss my old friends and how it was a year or so ago.

Same, they need to like games. Though there's a limit... because there can also be such a thing as "too much gaming", which I've sort of had to deal with already too, heh.

Thanks, gorgeous. :)

They've both been up this morning, and haven't said anything to me (that includes good morning) which I find a bit...crappy. But, screw them.

I don't remember, do they not open there? That's a shame, as I get so much shopping done on Sundays. The shops tend to open at 10 and close at around 4 or 5, which is pretty handy. Also, because of Christmas, some of the places don't close on weekdays til 7. :D

A duck that rolls around on the ground? How incredible random, haha. Hope its going ok.

Remember, get through the bad to get to the good. :)

Nope, shops are pretty much never open here on Sundays. And other days of the week it's usually from 10 until 6 (though some big supermarkets stay open longer). So it's hard for me to get any shopping done, booh.

And yes, a duck rolling on the ground, like a dog... Weird kid's stories these days. =P

Indeed! Which means putting up with me being on the computer or gaming for hours on end. Oh and reading can't forget that!

Going to go food shopping and then lazy around today :). Trying to keep positive, yesterday made me really miss my old friends and how it was a year or so ago.

Yeah I can be like that, sitting on a computer or at a console for hours on end, so it would be a similar situation. And I find gamers have a better compatibilty with me, personality wise. :smile:

Nope, shops are pretty much never open here on Sundays. And other days of the week it's usually from 10 until 6 (though some big supermarkets stay open longer). So it's hard for me to get any shopping done, booh.

And yes, a duck rolling on the ground, like a dog... Weird kid's stories these days. =P

That's pretty hard to get shopping done, especially because you're balancing it with school and stuff. Hoorah for Online shopping. :) Unless you could go after school, but that's cramming a lot into a day.

Haha, that's awesome. A duck rolling around? Oh, I miss kids stories. :D

About the whole other half liking games things: I think it's important to have interests that are the same. I think most people I've ended up liking in some way have similar interests to me. I've found it hard to like someone in a special way if I can't rant to them about music, or if I can't just have fun with them and games. I guess you need to feel like you can enjoy the same things. But, also, to be individual, I guess its cool to have your own thing to like.

Last couple of days have been terrible, back's been so much pain that I haven't been able to do anything or concentrate on anything. Add to the fact that I haven't slept in two days and i'm drousy as fuck on painkillers and it's not making the slightest bit of difference, really can't be bothered with this anymore.

That's pretty hard to get shopping done, especially because you're balancing it with school and stuff. Hoorah for Online shopping. :) Unless you could go after school, but that's cramming a lot into a day.

Haha, that's awesome. A duck rolling around? Oh, I miss kids stories. :D

About the whole other half liking games things: I think it's important to have interests that are the same. I think most people I've ended up liking in some way have similar interests to me. I've found it hard to like someone in a special way if I can't rant to them about music, or if I can't just have fun with them and games. I guess you need to feel like you can enjoy the same things. But, also, to be individual, I guess its cool to have your own thing to like.

Yeah, its important to have things in common, but have differences as well - if a couple did EVERYTHING together, it would only end up driving them apart. I think we all need our own time, or time with different people, to do things the other isn't neccesarily into.

But if you have a hobby that is very time consuming, and the other wasnt into it, that could be a problem itself, I think thats what nightwolf and myself were describing.

Defo agree with you, flinky.

Thought I'd relax today since Xmas shopping yesterday was tiring. Btw, whats everyone's opinion of guys wearing earrings? Some people think I should get one of my ears pierced while others think it's bad..

If you want one, get one. If you want two, get two. If you dont want any, dont get any.

Simple =]