Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Went with a friend to see her get her tongue pierced. After she had it done we get into a cab and start listening to some music together on my phone. She casually browses my music library, then notices "Tamer Hosny" (a really crap singer over here).

"Why do you have Tamer Hosny songs on your phone?"

"Oh, I didn't put that there. My friend did."

"That's what she said."

LOL.

... why?

It's a very nice place but it's just not working out, finance-wise. My job search is going horribly (I've applied for well over 50 jobs the last few months. Not even had a proper interview) so I'm hoping for better luck in Manchester and Stockport, living with family.

Good idea. I don't think any form of job search is going to get any easier for a few years. Unemployment levels are about 1.4m at the moment; 500k of whom are 18-24 year olds, iirc. This could be worse than Thatcher's reign, too, as there are more 'white collar' jobs being lost.

I decided to stay up all night again. Played Mirror's Edge a bit, and now going to cram in as much House as I can. Later I may well move on to The Wire, which I really cannot ignore anymore!

Oh; had 9 cans of diet coke so far, just cracked open the other 10 pack. This is dumb.

Good idea. I don't think any form of job search is going to get any easier for a few years. Unemployment levels are about 1.4m at the moment; 500k of whom are 18-24 year olds, iirc. This could be worse than Thatcher's reign, too, as there are more 'white collar' jobs being lost.

I decided to stay up all night again. Played Mirror's Edge a bit, and now going to cram in as much House as I can. Later I may well move on to The Wire, which I really cannot ignore anymore!

Oh; had 9 cans of diet coke so far, just cracked open the other 10 pack. This is dumb.

*hides away from unemployment by being a student for the forseeable future*

A tip for staying up all night: limit the amount of caffiene you use - if you drink loads, then your body will adapt to it and it'll just end up being ineffective. Go for as long as you can without any, and try to take some around 20 minutes before you're about to drop off - this is especially useful before a shower, as you're likely to feel tired immediately afterwards. And having lots of all nighters, while not terribly good for you, makes you better at them - for instance, I've yet to use any caffeine tonight. :wink:

House is gooooooooooood. You shall enjoy. I've just watched the wire s01e01 and was a little confused but it seems good :)

Its very difficult to get into, but the more you watch the more sense it makes. Season 2 episode 1 is the same I was like "WTF..." but after episode 2 I entirely get it now. And all the over lapping elements from season 1, all make more sense already....its just...amazingness. In fact S2E2 is one of my favourite ever episodes.

Good advice supergrunch! I've taken it on board, and now am consuming at a much slower rate. My heart palpitates its gratitude song, all for you.

Sooo... I, liek, really need the "House M.D. End Credits" song (theme song in the UK) and cannot find it. Should my inbox suddenly locate it, I will do a little dance.

Gah I feel awful, had a headache for three days now, no amount of pills seem to be driving it away either, nor sleep, nor water...grr.

Was feeling abit worried about an assignment last night because of some .swf files in flash, email the tutor and he told me just to put up fla files, woo ^_^ my tutors are awesome.

Played abit more of wow last night, it's good, thats a given, but still not sure if I'll pay for it next month.

Good advice supergrunch! I've taken it on board, and now am consuming at a much slower rate. My heart palpitates its gratitude song, all for you.

Sooo... I, liek, really need the "House M.D. End Credits" song (theme song in the UK) and cannot find it. Should my inbox suddenly locate it, I will do a little dance.

That would be teardrop by massive attack i believe

Played abit more of wow last night, it's good, thats a given, but still not sure if I'll pay for it next month.

What server you on?

I got to lvl56 last night, just as I'm nearing the original limit, yet another expansion is released, I should step up my pace and actually see what endgame content is actually like >_<

What server you on?

I got to lvl56 last night, just as I'm nearing the original limit, yet another expansion is released, I should step up my pace and actually see what endgame content is actually like >_<

auchindion? Or something, play with a girl and her boyfriend in uni, not bad but they shout at me for not playing much.

Just had my life saved by a class mate, he changed all my files to flash 8 so now I can hand in my work :yay: :yay: :yay:

found out that my most of ym mates were wanting to go for a curry tonight. the choice was cinema, curry or pub. being broke and having a bad tummy, curry was my last choice, so im a bit annoyed, but had it been the cinema, we'd probebly have had to see bond, which i'd not have paid to see again so soon any way.

dont get me wrong, i love curry, im probebly the biggest curry fan in the group, possibly even this forum, but i hate mild curry, and with a bad stomach, it might not be wise to eat somthing very spicy.

It's a very nice place but it's just not working out, finance-wise. My job search is going horribly (I've applied for well over 50 jobs the last few months. Not even had a proper interview) so I'm hoping for better luck in Manchester and Stockport, living with family.

I live in Macclesfield! Leave those Sheffield losers behind and let's start a break away North-West gang.

I'm having a worrying day. Next week I turn 30 and I've arranged two parties (family meal on Sunday) and on the day of my Birthday I hired out the laserstation/arranged for a meal in La tasca afterwards. I paid upfront for 30 people for Laser (£120) and delivered my invites to people who I wanted to attend.

However after gathering in/chasing for replies I'm left with only 14 Yes replies and 4 Maybe replies (the rest all said no) I'm thinking a Birthday event in the middle of the month is never easy when your pushed for cash but I wanted my Birthday celebrated on my Birthday not 1 week before/after.

So now I have to contact the laser station once I have my final number total and see if they will refund the difference/let us have two games instead of just one.

Also my Car Brake Pads or Discs need replacing (not sure which) and I have to wait till Monday to get it looked at. I'd say fingers crossed for a cheap repair bill but car repairs are never cheap (I think that must be some sort of ubran myth/legend)

Ho-hum...

I've had a really productive day! Opened my student bank account (Finally) and bought a logbook for my programming work. Also caught up on loads of C++ that I'd missed and had a generally good day. Wootizzle!

I've also written out a Todo list with 12 things on it. I wrote it at 1:30pm and have crossed 2 things off (logbook and student account). I'm aiming to do at least half of the list, if not all!

Got home about an hour or so ago (can't believe an hour has gone by. Time really does fly when you have work that needs to be done). Lecture was alright today and my english tutorial was good. Seemed to come off as a bookworm though when talking about Coleridge as I had annotated my poems weeks ago and having studied his poems before I knew the subject matter. So got smiles all round.

Bought Mirrors Edge and got my free t-shirt but when I got home I told myself I wasn't allowed to touch it until I make a start on my english poetry essay, which I have done and have done over 500 words so far and have so much more to write about so I can see myself losing marks for having an essay which is too long. A little constraint is good. If only some of my other friends at Uni used it then they get their work done and handed in on time. Just having a little break from the essay to scour the net and then it's straight back to it. My sidekick, Haribo Starmix, should fulfill all my hunger and sweet tooth. :heh:

Day was pretty good. Had an interesting lecture from a guest lecturer, who is a children's book writer. We got to do small exercises on writing and pretending we were little kids again, haha.

Like, all standing in a circle and one by one pretending we are 4 and saying what we want to be when we grow up. Or pretending to be 7 again and saying what we hate.

Goal is for us to actually write a story I think, for which we already got the beginnings today (theme, problem of character, goal, what the character learns...). All sounds fun so far. =)

Didn't do much with the rest of my day. Wasted an hour or two on the internet and had a two hour nap, yay. Now just waiting for dinner (spaghetti!) and Desperate Housewives. ^___^

I've had a really productive day! Opened my student bank account (Finally) and bought a logbook for my programming work. Also caught up on loads of C++ that I'd missed and had a generally good day. Wootizzle!

I've also written out a Todo list with 12 things on it. I wrote it at 1:30pm and have crossed 2 things off (logbook and student account). I'm aiming to do at least half of the list, if not all!

Why is it that doing a series of work tasks feels so good if you organise it like that? Like, yesterday I had *counts* 7 school things to do. Even though most of it wasn't due till next week I powered through everything in one go, now I have nothing needed done over the weekend and I didn't leave anything til the last minute. Feels good.