Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hooooooooooooome. Now all I gotta do is avoid the temptation of Fable 2, Gears 2, Supernatural and house and try and get some sleep in before a hopefully colourful array of doods come and help me drink the night away later. We'll see.

Bumped into someone at the assessment office - she started her essay at 8am this morning :| Bet the bugger beats me, too.

Aye. What are the options? Is it like....A etc?

1st = 70%+

2:1 = 60%-69%

2:2 = 50%-59%

3rd = 40%-49%

... then PHAIL.

Hmmm. I reckon Jay can muster a 78%. Hes a smart lad.

Rez 80% is about genius level for assignments and 40% is pass. I read jayseven's assignment and I think he'll definately pass, maybe 50/60%

My average, minus one module being retaken, is about 66% in teh first two years. Only gotten lower than 60%, what, once? Twice? Not good at all :P

Just had my head hit against a door, lovely, now I has headache, damnit :heh:
Yeah... sorry about that!

Man, not having the internet sucks.

However, last night me and Letty did something epic. We had a leak under our bathroom sink and I took it apart to investigate. We opened to find the most unholy smell I've ever had the displeasure of entering my nose. At this point, I was almost throwing up and I had to get Letty to clean out all the shit (basically 20-30 years of hair, soap and muck) from the drain. Thankfully, when we put it back together, the leak had stopped. So, although we almost died in the process... All's well :)

You pussy. :weep:

EEVIL - I'll make sure we record it tonight!! :D

Pfffff, supposed to be writing stuff, but I really don't feel like doing it. Hate writing papers and all that stuff. Doesn't help that I can't find -any- decent sources/references at all.

It's been superrrrr windy the last two days and nights. I hope tonight will be a bit quieter so I don't have weird dreams anymore about trees falling on our house... >.>;

Waiting for RedBubble to give me my money. Normally it happens on the 7th but it seems they're late now, poop!

My average, minus one module being retaken, is about 66% in teh first two years. Only gotten lower than 60%, what, once? Twice? Not good at all :P

Yeah... sorry about that!

It isn't as good as your average obviously. But it's better than failing the damn assignment and slipping to 50% when your average is 60% won't do much damage.

Just got back from town, bought some big glasses to drink from so I don't have to use the pathetic ones I originally bought.

Gave in my whsmith application too, going to apply for fat face and usc later and get them done by friday. awesome.

Na. When I say 'target' I don't mean pass target, I mean that 60% or above is a solid effort that Ja should be aiming for. I got a 78 once in 3 years and only ever came close again on my last ever essay.

My average over 2 years (1st year doesn't count) was 63%, which nets you a 2:1 degree.

You got 78% before? That's pretty awesome.

*should be doing his current essay*

At Newcastle in the Maths and Stats department they adjusted exam scores (fairly standard practice across all departments) so that the highest mark you could get was an 85 (not so standard). The thinking behind it was that it was quite possible to get 100% in a Maths exam and just one 100% would skew your results, and they didn't want to give firsts to someone that got 100% in half their exams and 40% in the other half (averages to a first).

Alright, yes, I did get an 85 in one of my third year modules, get over it peeps.

Yep, they do the same for my subject, but to get between 80 and 85 (starred first) you have to basically come up with a new and complex theory of your own. I think by contrast in Cambridge maths exams you just get your raw mark, so it's theoretically possible to get 100%, but even those getting firsts will only be able to complete a fraction of the questions.

yup. Just the once. It was on the rather excellent canon of poems from Thomas Gray from the 18th Century.

sadly, it was the only text on the module that didn't make me want to claw my eyes out, so I didn't do very well overall. In fact, I barely turned up and vowed to never ever take a class under the same tutor ever again.

In other news: Just found half of my complete works of Arthur Miller has been really badly damaged in storage. God damn it.

Back early from Uni. Just couldn't be arsed waiting 2 hours for my psychology lecture when I have more pressing issues, such as a psychology essay exam on thursday which I've still to work out what I'm going to be writing about and an English essay due on monday. Plus, everything the lecturer would say is covered in the notes he gave us so no real point.

I'm more upbeat now about my poetry essay. Wasn't pleased to be told yesterday about the poems being completely different but I'm working through one that's quite nice and should get a me a decent enough mark, fingers crossed.

Listened to Bob Dylan in our English lecture. We were looking at his song/poem 'The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll' and after spending what seemed like an eternity talking about it, the lecture basically gave in a just let us listen to it before letting us go.

I found that I mostly got firsts in presentations (Uni actually made me a confident public speaker, woo) and also group projects where everyone pulled their weight. With essays it was just me, loads of journal articles, books and a laptop...often dull and a bit overwhelming.

... Just woke up to four texts in a row! Right disrupted my dream. I have another essay due monday I found out - shall be starting that tomorrow! Yus, lesson learned. This time I think I even got a proper fucking essay question, woo.

Well I clearly have more faith in Jay than all of you.

Jay, I apologise on behalf of the forum.

....And I change my guess to 67% (based on new info) although I feel like a cheater now.

Naw, I'm not likely to get that good. I completed this essay 5 hours befor ethe deadline, and started it 24 hours before. I'm HOPING for mid-50's but realistically totally do not know.

In our first year we had the most ridiculous phonetics module - it was practically impossible to get below 75%

Is there really that much to say about Raisins?

*Hmmm...second currant joke within the week...need to stop. Wasn't funny the first time*

It's spelt Currant, so it don't work ;)

I'm trying to reapply to Sainsbury's just to get more monies than the wankers at the bar will give me. All applications are now online apparently, and there's a delightful section for previous employees to sign up. I did. All the details and they email me a password.

As with most sites which do this they prompt you to change it the first time you sign in. I try but it says the old password I entered [which I copied from the email] was wrong.

I tried again today and because I had 3 failed attempts they've locked the account, when they ask to put my email in so it can be sorted out. They say I can't reset the password for that user [What the fuck?!]

I tried it with my Gmail account, but haven't got a password email yet. Because I worked on and off I got a different employee number. The first two attempts were with my latest one, I created a new email account using an older employee number. Haven't heard anything from them yet. This is after last night getting an email to my Yahoo email instantly. I also tried applying as a non-former employee, using another newly created email stopmessingmeaboutsainsburys at hotmail.co.uk.

Strangely enough I haven't heard anything from them yet. If this continues I'll kick the door down to personnel and give them stern looks.

I'm really, really hating my placement. It's just not the school that I want to be at, and I'm finding it a struggle to please my mentor at the moment, and all I'm constantly getting is "things I need to do." I'm really not a secondary school teacher, and this placement is just teaching me how Primary I actually am.

I sat in the head of department's office earlier, sat there for a good half hour just listening to her talking, when I was blatantly feeling crap already. I taught 3 lessons straight today, and after the second, the class teacher told me how I hadn't really done a great job with the class. I had to teach another class straight after, so I went into the last class feeling pretty crap.

I dunno what the fuck they want me to do.

I have £45 to live on for another 33 days. I'm fucked; I can't do this uni thing at all, I just don't have the finances for it, and I'm completely unable to get a job at the moment because everywhere is recruiting for Christmas temp jobs which would be great, except I'm not going to be here for them.

Thinking I should just cut my losses and run whilst I can to be honest.

I have £45 to live on for another 33 days. I'm fucked; I can't do this uni thing at all, I just don't have the finances for it, and I'm completely unable to get a job at the moment because everywhere is recruiting for Christmas temp jobs which would be great, except I'm not going to be here for them.

Thinking I should just cut my losses and run whilst I can to be honest.

You could quite easily do that if you stopped going out. But that's the thing can you cancel going out for 33 days? Why 33 days anyway? I'm sure we don't get another payment til january.

Just got back from a talk by the head of consumer products for Disney or something. SERIOUSLY high up, in one of THE biggest companies in the world.

V. interesting...never realised the Disney Princess line revitalised Disney in the consumer eye, getting like $8bn a year or something equally shiztastic.

ALSO I was one of the first people in the UK to see a section of the new Tinkerbell movie. It was kinda funny, but I hate that it's cgi, and they gave her a voice...

Still interesting.

Didn't realise the upcoming Burton/Depp Alice In Wonderland was disney-produced. Should be awesome!

Sorted the Sainsbury's problem. Apparently, this is when you register as a non-former employee, the password you give can't have consectutive letters. So the word Shabba can't be used because B is giving it large to another B.

When it gives you a password to sign in with when you register as a former employee and change your password I must've tried a word with two of the same letters next to each other, which meant my "login details were not correct" leading to my original email account being locked. Despite the fact they don't mention this when you register this way.

What a crock of shit.