Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I went for an interview for a job today! :)

I GOT THE JOB!!! :yay:

I'm really excited it's my first real job and I seemed to get it quite easily. They were really friendly. Training starts this Thursday and then I start the job properly on Sunday. £7 an hour. :D

That made it a good day! Before that it was alright. Went to get my new watch fixed, sorted out some bank stuff and bought Ugly Betty Season 1 on DVD. :)

Days been good today, got round to popping to my Uncles about lunch time to sort out more party arrangements including if my mates can come along as well, all is well with that.

Other than that, spent much of it at home chilling out with a few beers, watched the latest in my Bond movies in preparation, did some housework and finally got round to getting rid of Norton 360, worst decision ever was to purchase this. All it ever did was scan for tracking cookies. Installed One Care for free (90 day free trial) and it found 2 viruses which Norton failed to pick-up. So all in all, Norton is dog doo.

My day has been good. English lecture was great. Talking about Beowulf and other Anglo-saxon texts. Psychology was a bit boring though. Got home from Uni to find my 360 had been delivered (10 minutes before I got home so it shows you how quickly UPS deliver things :indeed:) and contrary to what I believed would be the case, it works (although I did get the RRoD when I turned it on for the first time). So that made me even more happy than I was.

Got home feeling very happy with myself. I found the ultimate bargain Gamecube game. So much so that the guy at the tills in Gamestation was shocked at its price. Bought Mario Sunshine for £10 and to go with it I got, for a mere £10, Pikmin 2. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Just had to buy it. And it's in immaculate condition. Gonna play it through later on, see if it's holding my attention. If not, I can almost get 300% profit for it on eBay.

I'm really excited it's my first real job and I seemed to get it quite easily. They were really friendly. Training starts this Thursday and then I start the job properly on Sunday. £7 an hour. :D

That made it a good day! Before that it was alright. Went to get my new watch fixed, sorted out some bank stuff and bought Ugly Betty Season 1 on DVD. :)

Congratulations Coolness! : peace:

Congrats Bears. (Just to call you something different :) )

Day was good. Everyone involved in Division Drama was told we had until a week on Thursdy to be ready for performance that night (we were scheduled for THIS thursday, and we so weren't ready).

Otherwise got very little work done in D.T, English or my free periods (a.k.a Art).

Went back after Badminton to do another rehearsal, and it annoys me that just case the other group finishes first, our group decides that we have to leave too. Especially since they were mucking about for ages, when we should really have been rehearsing...

Walked home (about 30 min walk) with a friend who lives on the same road, but like 10 minutes before my house. Good chat about art colleges etc.

We had snow today, its was freakin' awesome. Snow in october = winnrar.

I lost another pound at weightwatchers! Yey! Stable weightloss (be it annoyingly dragged out) is probably the best thing for me. Massive weight loss all too quick tends to come right back on. I seem to have made a friend in a nice girl that goes there, we both started on the same week, and we chat and have a giggle n such. =) And there were 2 men at the class tonight!

My boss called me in today. He had noticed that there was a few weeks about a month ago, where I had missed my targets (not by much tbf)

He said he had noticed the fact that the amount I was now doing is double my target. He wanted to tell me that it is appreciated. Yey =) I feel all warm and nice inside haha.

I explained to him that I was on meds that cleared up my arthy and helped with the tiredness, to which he replied, "can you give some to the rest of them?". So pretty epic day.

Well done on getting the job Coolness. Although I am slightly envious because all my attempts to get a job have all failed marvellously. :blank:

Today has involved me staring out of the window saying "It's fucking snowing!", then later playing Fable II on my new 360 Elite. :smile:

congrats on the job! you just took your first step towards missery! (i kid, i kid)

bit disserpointed that trip to the pub was cancled. but i dont think i could have gotten there and back on the bus while leaving enough time for more then a short chat and a couple of pints. plus, the bus is too expensive these days.

Congratulations Coolness! : peace:

Congrats Bears. (Just to call you something different :) )

Congrats on the Job Get Coolness ! :)

Well done on getting the job Coolness. Although I am slightly envious because all my attempts to get a job have all failed marvellously. :blank:

congrats on the job! you just took your first step towards missery! (i kid, i kid)

THANKS GUYS! : peace:

@Villan I feel well cheeky at getting the Job as some people search for months for a Job and mine took a day....

I'd rather play Fable 2 though. :p

@Chris the Great Hehe, that was what I was thinking when I found out the hours. Takes up most my weekend but it's not as if I'd be doing anything. :heh: My experiences of work so far have been good though! :)

Dude! Coolness! Congrats man. Marks and Sparks will be an excellent company to have on your CV! :) :) :)

Just got back from da cinema, was rather lolz. (Well...it was a horror/thriller so...I mean...it was not lolz) but yeah. That was good. Now mutha-fuckin Prison Break. Good evening. (Mind you, having fun after any working day is a blessing, but this week has masses of potential for whinz)

In fact Ive enjoyed myself a lot recently, with activities!

ALSO! Dexter's Rita and 24's Morris.

Ooooh! Prison Break forgot about that!!! (busy day!) Thanks ReZ! :heart: That's exactly what my Parents said!

Some Horror films can be pretty lolz though. :heh:

It's snowing here, I've been laughing at the fact that there was no way it was going to snow and now nature has proven me wrong yet again!

*shakesfist*

Was a massive trek to get my celebratory Pepsi!

Also over 5000 posts now. :oMADNESS! That has scared me.

Sorry! I get easily excited about everything! :grin: but it is my first real job where I get paid. Before that it's been voluntary.

I probably will eventually get annoyed nearer christmas but I'll try and take it in my stride. :)

Also how slow is this but I've just noticed your name is green CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats coolness! :) I worked at M&S (ladieswear) one uni summer and it was great actually. They paid loads, got discount on the yummy foods and also clothes for my mother! A very good company to work for I'd say.

Thanks Gags and Molly! :)

That's cool and good to know! My mum is interested in the discount. :p

You had me at yummy food....

*mind wanders*

I feel a thread coming on, I'll leave that for tomorrow. It's too late now.

fucking ulsa, right on the tip of my tounge :(

its that odd type of pain that while never enough to actualy hurt, is constant and annoying.

I know what you mean! I currently have two on the side of my lips. Not painful but definately annoying. Why did I have to stick nail scissors into the Bonjela!? :heh:

Coolness - getting job = win. Never had one of those, might have to soonish...

You uni people, you don't know what hard work really is! You and your set holidays! :p

Heh, "holiday."

"It's not a holiday, it's a vacation - you vacate the premises and continue to work." :heh:

Anyway, fun day today. Spent the morning finishing an essay, then my parents came to visit which involved food, so all in all good. Got to get up for 9am tomorrow though...

You uni people, you don't know what hard work really is! You and your set holidays! :p

Pshhh... you've forgotten what individual investigation requires! Without guidence with wholly new subjects.... Shit yo.

Had a good coupla days. Last night I went to a faculty night out which was kinda lame, really. Was supposed to start at 8 but didn't really start 'til 10, and I left at 10:30 to drink at a better place.

Tonight I've had my juggling meeting; managed to swing about 30 free juggling balls from some staff that work at the union (they pinched some promotional happy sacks from budweiser and gave them to us), then pubbed it up, and got a bunch of happy souls over to our flat and rock-banded the night away. Day off tomorrow, but I think I'm off to rotherham for some circus show thing. Not sure. Should probably check up on that.

Congrats to you, coolness. £7 an hour is always excellent! I've known a fair few people who have worked at M&S, and it's good if the people you know there are good... But either way, you're lucky you're getting so much at such a young age. Enjoy it.