N-Europe

Not a very good day, managed to get the willpower to get up at 7 AM to go to school, only to get a tremendous stomach ache and nausea that made me go home. Missed the fucking bus, so had to walk and it was fucking hot. Didn't feel very well during the day so couldn't really catch up to the stuff I missed last week because of the flu.

After failing 2 years in a row because of health problems I really need to pass at every subject, but it's proving to be a hard task.

Had an alright day, got a bit of a bug so am down a little bit, but am drinking lots of water and taken some paracetamol and feeling fine.

Work was good, nice and busy just as i like it to be. Got everything done as per instructed.

Got home, came online and been on most of the night. Currently watching Eternal Sunshine as my review says.

Guest dynastygal
I missed Dragons Den :(

Last night? There was some guy with a toilet training device which was just a ball with a smiley face on, and he wanted 2k...XD

Some woman with an ironing board/sideboard invention.

Another with some magnetic teaching aids for young children.

A girl and boy with a website. And some other weird crap.

Well my day:

I got up later than expected and had to eat my breakfast on the way to college in my mates car. Got to uni - then had a 3 hr lecture including an mcq (in which I got 80%!). then I headed back to my house with 2 of the girls and my mate with the car and another carload came in too - we watched home and away and had some lunch then we all went back in for another 3 hr lecture. This lecture is horrific. We always spend the 3 hours in a giant class msn convo.

Came home and started talking to mike, motion, ant, harribo, mcmad, ash, uk and maybe a few more on msn - we figured out uk was THE ganondorf. He was banned. I then cooked some pasta which I promptly ate.

Now I'm in bed. Gonna have a lie in tomorrow.

Back at the family home. Spent about four hours playing KOTOR, which was four hours well spent I say. Will have to chase my student loan up through the college by the looks of things. Ate quite a bit of chocloate, which spurred off some angst riddled emotions as suger tends to do, but I've worked through the thought process and I feel more content with life now. Notions of the week ahead now processing. A cold, foggy night. Kind of want to go for a stroll, but it's time for a nice, warm bed I think. The universe stretches before me and I continue through it, one step at a time.

Last night? There was some guy with a toilet training device which was just a ball with a smiley face on, and he wanted 2k...XD

Some woman with an ironing board/sideboard invention.

Another with some magnetic teaching aids for young children.

A girl and boy with a website. And some other weird crap.

Yeah also covers on glasses for pubs and clubs.

Good day, apart from the fact that I have a bit of a cold. Went to town after work, and exchanged the shitty mobile I purchased on Saturday, for a better one, and had a McDonalds. Then went to Menai Bridge to see the girlfriend, but they were preparing the street's for the annual fair which is on tomorrow, so it took me a good 45mins to find a place to park! I even had to go to the neighbouring village just to do a three point turn cause the traffic was so bad! Had some fun over there, and now I'm home on the floor of my room reading N-E and eating Jaffa Cakes.

haha, whos next?

They know who they are.

Anyway, as it's past midnight it's a new day, and a trip to my 24 hour off licence reveals a further price drop on Special Brew bringing it down to 99p a can. I now have the cheapest off licence in miles for my favourite beer, on my doorstep, and it's open all hours.

That's got to be good.

Alright so I just got back from Beijing, so i'll recount the last couple of days.

Firstly the train journey there was actually alright. I was sleeping in a bed half my size but I was nakered so I practically passed out, nine hours flew by.

We get picked up at the station by someone dressed like a poor assassin, and are driven to a nice coffee shop somewhere in old Beijing. Then we are met by a guy who'll turn out not only to be the owner of the coffee shop chain and my Masters business partner for his new school, but also one of the most famous artists in China. And I also slept at his place because the hotel wouldn't accept my ID.

Then we're off to an art gallery in the snazzy area of Beijing where they are showing some of the guys paintings and I meet this other artist who is also apparently one of the other most famous artists in Beijing. I also get in a conversation with this yank (first white guy I have talked to face to face in a little over a month) who turns out to be a New Yorker columnist, Yale graduate and some CEO of some revolutionary water purification company. I have a little fun bullshitting around a couple of subjects (little hobby of mine).

Then we're off to a couple of construction sights and they ask my opinion on which they should build they're school on. I tell them the one that ain't in Beijing.

Then back to the coffee shop for dinner, and I meet up with Rachel (in case anyone is reading my other posts she's the daughter of my Chinese teacher I had previously mentioned who's studying at Beijing University.

We go for a loooong walk around the nice part of Beijing (oh yes, surprisingly there is one). Rachel says her hands feel cold so I buy her some gloves. I see her back to her Uni then back to the artist flat where I crash.

Wake up this morning, not given the chance to shower or change, still not wearing any underwear. We stop but a food stall and i'm given this wierd tasting pancake to eat. Then we meet up with the rest at the coffee shop (including Rachel).

Then for some reason we arive at some really nice house, which turns out later to be the Dutch embassy (yeah I was confused too). A couple of people who I had met from the art gallery where there, as well as another guy I met yesterday evening who's some Tai Chi prodigy. He performs some stuff (very impressive) to the backing of one of the Chinese guitar things (you know the one the blind guy plays at the beginning of hero). My Master also does a little stuff (you could feel his punches from where you were standing). I'm also pushed into doing some stuff, in my freaking jeans, still no underwear on. The belt was tighter than it has ever been. While everyone is talking I also have a kind of mini training session.

Then we go for hot pot, which I discovered to be bloody good, plus they have larger on draft.

Then me and Rachel went to the zoo, and I saw Pandas!! Totally happy about that.

The we meet up again with everyone, dinner at some resteraunt. Then bak to the flat and sleep.

Morning comes. Still no shower, still no chance to change my clothes. Still no underwear.

We head off to some mountain, something about nine temples. Dunno wasn't in the mood for listening. There were loads of Buddhists around, and I fancied on one of those orange robes (I bet they're bloody comfortable) but they didn't do my size. We scale the mountain (wasn't that big), nice bit of fresh air up there. You can see Beijing, the air has actually cleared up a bit since last time I was here. We take one of those little carts down where you go fast through a little channel. My sadistic Master (and also fairly drunk one) kept trying to bang into me. I was pushing forward as fast as I could but he is so much heavier than me he was catching up.

Then we went to some shopping mall, where the music man from yesterday was opening up a new shop I got bored and wandered, and popped into a cool little tea house for some bloody good tea.

They go off to the supermarket to buy some food whilst I manage to slip off with Rachel to go to Macdonalds. I know its weak off me but I needed some western food, and i'll be f**ked if i'm going to KFC again.

They cooked back at where i'm staying tonight, but I had just had Macdonalds so I didn't eat. Rachel and I talked for ages, then said goodbye till god knows when, possibly February. Shame, really like the girl.

Wake up the next morning. Still no shower, still no chance to change my clothes. Still no underwear.

We gott catch the train at 12.30, so me and the Master are dopped off at Tianamen for a couple of hours. We stroll around, damn american tourists everywhere. Then take the subway to the overly packed train station.

The train ride back was ruined by some kid who wouldn't shut up. I like kids, I do, but not when i'm trying to sleep. Didn't get a minutes shut eye for nine hours. Had time to finishe Crime and Punishment and get further with Hitchhikers guide though.

And that was the last three days.

Not well so far. Been up since 6.45 and begrudgingly showered and got dressed and now I have just checked my widget and its 1 degree outside and I have to go walk for a mile to the train station, to go to a job I frankly can no longer stand. Bah.

*Handy short edit*

Wow, that just shits on my past three days in which the most exciting thing that happened was that I went to the pub. That sounds amazing, I would give anything to have such an exciting life like that. I'm currently trying to get something interesting to do with life (4 months studying a) the largest volcano on Earth and b) one of the most active volcanos on Earth, both in Hawaii) but I don't know whether it'll pan out.

In other news, I can't start my new job yet due to lack of references which is pissing me off a bit and I miss my girlfriend (although she's only gone until Saturday, pull yourself together man!)

Wow, that just shits on my past three days in which the most exciting thing that happened was that I went to the pub. That sounds amazing, I would give anything to have such an exciting life like that. I'm currently trying to get something interesting to do with life (4 months studying a) the largest volcano on Earth and b) one of the most active volcanos on Earth, both in Hawaii) but I don't know whether it'll pan out.

Well everything i've managed to acheive so far with this little adventure of mine has actually come about reasonably easily. All it really takes is a little bravery (read:stupidity).

You just got to be smart about it. You already have a good start because you live in a country with a comparitvly strong currency. Then you need to save up some money. I saved up for about two years working odd jobs, and came out here with about 2grand. I'm now earning money teaching english.

Then you gotta learn the basics of the language. Just enough to get you by, and you'll pick it up quickly.

But like I said the most importanmt thing is just the balls to do it. Pick a date, maybe a year from now, and say to yourself, "I leave then". And then work towards it.