Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

^ Well I'd marry ya.

I'm the same though with those last things, and this year I've gotta make steps to change all that,

Because also I'm too talented (...I am) to be throwing my life away in any dead end job.

Bigger and better things this year for all of us!

I'm sure you'll do great in your interview!

Fix up, Look Sharp!

Edited by Retro_Link

Took 2 hours to get to work, to actually work for just 3 hours then come home. My mum was here because her school was closed and she was all upset because of something my family had done yesterday. I forgave them/her and went upstairs to get on with work. But ended up crying for about an hour, just... everything. Then I had a blinding headache so couldn't work and had to sleep for a while. I also hate the suit I've bought for my interview/assessment because it's cheap and shit. I've haven't done nearly enough preparation and it's on Tuesday. I don't have a good job. I live at home. My friends live everywhere. I don't have anyone to share my life with.

Properly emo today. Massive FML.

BigHug1.jpg

Hugz.

I know how you feel. Last year was hell for me without a job and living at home. Least you're trying though. I'm sure you'll do great in your interview :)

Took 2 hours to get to work, to actually work for just 3 hours then come home. My mum was here because her school was closed and she was all upset because of something my family had done yesterday. I forgave them/her and went upstairs to get on with work. But ended up crying for about an hour, just... everything. Then I had a blinding headache so couldn't work and had to sleep for a while. I also hate the suit I've bought for my interview/assessment because it's cheap and shit. I've haven't done nearly enough preparation and it's on Tuesday. I don't have a good job. I live at home. My friends live everywhere. I don't have anyone to share my life with.

Properly emo today. Massive FML.

Things won't always be that way, mind. That's all you need to remember. Think of life in terms of Zelda: You need to collect the three stones before ye can claim the master sword. So, you do one stone at a time. My life is pretty similar in ways to yours: I live at home, I don't have a proper job at the moment (I spend more days not working than I do working) and I hardly see friends. But, one stone at a time.

Today has been an ordinary day. The snow came down again yesterday, when I was on my way to the gym. I got a lift there, but I came back and got absolutely covered in it, haha. I think I must have been the only person in Newport walking in it, at least on the bridge anyway. Today, I feel sore from yesterday, so I'm taking it a bit easy. Also, a job or two has come up, so now I'm looking at the criteria and stuff and psyching myself up to write these applications.

My day has been ups and downs.

Up: Getting quite excited about my Physics project (nerdy as that is). The experiments will be fun, and it's my first chance to get a bit creative on that side of things given that it's me that creates them, not the teacher or a text book.

Down: I forgot my lunch and had to run home at break to do it, hurting my ankle in the process due to ice.

Up: This allowed me to pick up my book to read during the free period I had later.

Down: The gym was closed, so no workout for me.

Up: Got my haircut, which was in serious need.

Down: Broke the shower, so my neck is still itchy from the haircut >_>

Major Up: Secured the second date!

A major down is due next, waiting on the Xbox RROD'ing or something...

Sorry to hear about all that crap Molly. I feel you on the friends living elsewhere stuff. Quiet often I feel alone. But I'm sure you'll ace the interview. You're Molly. Who doesn't love you? NAY! Who can't love you?

This is the drama that happened yesterday. Or at least the public face of it. Didn't expect it to be in the papers to be honest. And hey its the most read! Hopefully it will lead to something though. Contemplated spreading it through facebook in the hope...but I have little faith it'll work and its more my brother's decision.

In other news, been hired for a wedding next month. Cash in hand. Huzzah! Just need to sort out the details. Its a friend's colleague so I've text her asking if she's going (as she has a car) if not I can get the train to the service and presumably a bus to the reception... We'll see.

my xbox has lasted just over a year now :o a new record (on 4th since august 06)

anyway today been home as cant get to work due to snow the lane this morning was horrendous.

So been on trials hd, borderlands and MW2. Also watching some telly

popping out in a hour to see the mrs as lane isnt to bad now.

Setting up the saving account this weekend with the g/f so can get saving for a deposit on a flat. Havent found the right one yet.

Urgh man I felt awful today. I think the only way I could have even been the remotest bit comfortable would have been to strap myself to my chair and not move all day. My spine hurts so much and its so suddenly come on. I've not officially been diagnosed with Wikipedia reference-linkAnkylosing spondylitis (rather the more general term of psoriatic arthritis) but i've got every symptom in the book... Bamboo spine is a pretty accurate term. =(

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

^ Well I'd marry ya.

I'm the same though with those last things, and this year I've gotta make steps to change all that,

Because also I'm too talented (...I am) to be throwing my life away in any dead end job.

Bigger and better things this year for all of us!

I'm sure you'll do great in your interview!

Fix up, Look Sharp!

Thank you :)

I know it's not just me in this situation which makes me feel a bit silly for complaining. I'm usually quite good at keeping upbeat. In person I think most people wouldn't realise that I hate many aspects of my life at the moment. But some days, like today, I just can't keep it together. Anywho, yes, better times ahead for all, I hope.

I will try and look sharp! I don't have much to work with, the high street has let me down. :wink:

BigHug1.jpg

Hugz.

I know how you feel. Last year was hell for me without a job and living at home. Least you're trying though. I'm sure you'll do great in your interview :)

Thanks Dan. :) I think what's scaring me the most is the bit where they say ''Here's a load of info, you have 30 mins to write and perfect a 10 minute presentation''. Eeek, heh.

Things won't always be that way, mind. That's all you need to remember. Think of life in terms of Zelda: You need to collect the three stones before ye can claim the master sword. So, you do one stone at a time. My life is pretty similar in ways to yours: I live at home, I don't have a proper job at the moment (I spend more days not working than I do working) and I hardly see friends. But, one stone at a time.

Today has been an ordinary day. The snow came down again yesterday, when I was on my way to the gym. I got a lift there, but I came back and got absolutely covered in it, haha. I think I must have been the only person in Newport walking in it, at least on the bridge anyway. Today, I feel sore from yesterday, so I'm taking it a bit easy. Also, a job or two has come up, so now I'm looking at the criteria and stuff and psyching myself up to write these applications.

Thanks Flinkster :) I like the stones idea, although if future husband isn't a gamer, the whole Zelda thing could be a turn off :heh: Also, there is one major difference Flink, you have a lovely Belgian!

Oooh, good luck with the applications!

Sorry to hear about all that crap Molly. I feel you on the friends living elsewhere stuff. Quiet often I feel alone. But I'm sure you'll ace the interview. You're Molly. Who doesn't love you? NAY! Who can't love you?

This is the drama that happened yesterday. Or at least the public face of it. Didn't expect it to be in the papers to be honest. And hey its the most read! Hopefully it will lead to something though. Contemplated spreading it through facebook in the hope...but I have little faith it'll work and its more my brother's decision.

In other news, been hired for a wedding next month. Cash in hand. Huzzah! Just need to sort out the details. Its a friend's colleague so I've text her asking if she's going (as she has a car) if not I can get the train to the service and presumably a bus to the reception... We'll see.

Thanks Ash! :D I hope they love me. I need them to love me, really. They have 10 hours to get to know me, they could go through like, love and then to hate in that time :wink:

Sorry to hear about your brother, that's shocking. Are they confident of finding who's involved?!

Where do you work Retroster?
Urh, I've just been going through part time jobs for the last while. At the moment I'm doing some work for a friend, machine operating and delivering.

But I should be doing something creative with my life. I'd love to try my hand at a photography job, but I know there are people out there with degrees in it and all and I don't really know who to approach.

It's when I've worked at places in the past, like M&S, and you hear people who say 'I've been here for 20/30 years now' and I just think, oh god that will never, never be me!... I get bored working in those places for 2 weeks... same routine day in day out!

Anyways, I'm in danger in going off on a major rant, so I'll stop now! All you asked was...

Where do you work Retroster?

2010 has to = major shake up year for me!

Edited by Retro_Link

Thanks Ash! :D I hope they love me. I need them to love me, really. They have 10 hours to get to know me, they could go through like, love and then to hate in that time :wink:

Sorry to hear about your brother, that's shocking. Are they confident of finding who's involved?!

Ten hours, thats just enough time for me to 'love' someone once ;)

I think most of the family are pessimistic (belief in justice system for the win eh?) but we all believe it to be something to do with his friend who lodges there. They've kicked him out but my brother still feels a bit of loyalty toward him (feels bad because the guy in question's mother died at a young age, his father's partner kicked him out the house etc). Catching whoever did this aside personally I'd do my best to put his friend in the position that he will be found, otherwise the house could continue to be a target.

S'all so dramatic eh?

I feel like my body clock is finally making it's stand against my usual bedtime of the wee hours of the morning. I'm tired already. I might go to be bed now actually.

Although I think the thought of actually doing any of my written work automatically activates "sleep mode".

I feel like my body clock is finally making it's stand against my usual bedtime of the wee hours of the morning. I'm tired already. I might go to be bed now actually.

Although I think the thought of actually doing any of my written work automatically activates "sleep mode".

Yeah my new thing is going to bed early and waking up early. It makes you feel like you do so much more with your life.

Yeah my new thing is going to bed early and waking up early. It makes you feel like you do so much more with your life.

You'd probably think different if you were up at 4am and starting work at 5am but then I guess it depends on your definition of early, I certainly hate it anyway. In the last 72 hours i've had 10 hours sleep and it's starting to catch up with me.

2010 has to = major shake up year for me!

*cough* move to Bristol *cough*

Got my computer set up today, so that's all nice and flashy, haven't really done much else though...

Got some work on Friday but other than that I need to find a job, urgh, I hate looking for jobs, especially when I know it'll be something I hate. I'm in the same boat as Retro really, would love some sort of graphic design job but wouldn't really know how to get into it apart from going back to college/uni for a couple of years...

Must run in the family!

*cough* move to Bristol *cough*

Got my computer set up today, so that's all nice and flashy, haven't really done much else though...

Got some work on Friday but other than that I need to find a job, urgh, I hate looking for jobs, especially when I know it'll be something I hate. I'm in the same boat as Retro really, would love some sort of graphic design job but wouldn't really know how to get into it apart from going back to college/uni for a couple of years...

Must run in the family!

We'll get there my man.

The thought of doing any more uni/college courses now just isn't really an option for me, I can't spend any more years in limbo.

But it'll happen. Too much talent to be wasted!

Edited by Retro_Link

Urgh man I felt awful today. I think the only way I could have even been the remotest bit comfortable would have been to strap myself to my chair and not move all day. My spine hurts so much and its so suddenly come on. I've not officially been diagnosed with Wikipedia reference-linkAnkylosing spondylitis (rather the more general term of psoriatic arthritis) but i've got every symptom in the book... Bamboo spine is a pretty accurate term. =(

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Awk, that sounds awful. :(

Hugs for yooo!

kitten-trumpet-560.jpg

I'm now all alone in my flat for the next week and after initial concerns I'm absolutely loving it. I can walk around in a state of relative undress, I can listen to music as loud as I please (Take that, fucking annoying people above us) and I can sing along just as loudly all without fear of judgement.

Happy days.

Ten hours, thats just enough time for me to 'love' someone once ;)

I think most of the family are pessimistic (belief in justice system for the win eh?) but we all believe it to be something to do with his friend who lodges there. They've kicked him out but my brother still feels a bit of loyalty toward him (feels bad because the guy in question's mother died at a young age, his father's partner kicked him out the house etc). Catching whoever did this aside personally I'd do my best to put his friend in the position that he will be found, otherwise the house could continue to be a target.

S'all so dramatic eh?

Drama indeed. Sounds like your brother needs to put his personal safety in front of loyalty and show him the door!

My friend just called me totally out of the blue, actually filled me with a warm feeling. Chatted for a couple of hours. Just perfect timing on her part. :D

Thanks Flinkster :) I like the stones idea, although if future husband isn't a gamer, the whole Zelda thing could be a turn off :heh: Also, there is one major difference Flink, you have a lovely Belgian!

Oooh, good luck with the applications!

You are welcome. If he's not a gamer, I have every confidence you can turn him. Use your feminine charm. Or breasts. Use them both (both breasts, haha) somehow. Tuuuuurn hiiiim. You can do eet.

I do have a lovely Belgian, but "Belgian" is the key word there. She is many finger-spaces apart on a map. So, it kinda makes things even more challenging, but I like challenges. Easiness is for sissy girls, like Dan Dare.

Thanks, and good luck with your interview. You can do eeeet. Do eet naaaw!

I do have a lovely Belgian, but "Belgian" is the key word there. She is many finger-spaces apart on a map. So, it kinda makes things even more challenging, but I like challenges. Easiness is for sissy girls, like Dan Dare.

I find the map and draw a straight line, over rivers, farms and state lines. The distance from me to where you'd be, it's only finger lengths that I see.

I find the map and draw a straight line, over rivers, farms and state lines. The distance from me to where you'd be, it's only finger lengths that I see.

When you say finger lengths, I really hope you haven't ripped five of your fingers off and placed them from...nail to...that part that connects to your hand (what's that called?). Knuckle, I guess. Although you probably mean finger width. Hehe.