Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

You know that thread earlier where you were talking about what you thought people looked like. Well, I think you're some kind of Shakespearean actor.

Thats really quite intriguing, because I had you down as this platonic conception of otherworldly beauty.

"What's in an avatar? That which we see as a Willis,

By any other image would still stir our loins."

:heh:

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

Weve had the builders in fitting a new bathroom, theyre done for the day but now ive just heard a creaking and a the corner of the downstairs ceiling has started to crack!

Well we got the builders to come back and check out the cracks, they think its just the plaster board on the ceiling on loose which moved and cracked the artexing. Still pissed me off though as they kept refusing to admit it could have been caused by their drilling in the bathroom and the vibrations, we werent trying to blame them, just to get a reason as its extremely unlikely its a coincidence.

Really did scare the shit out of me though, just sitting in the living room on my own and the ceiling suddenly cracking! Its right under my bedroom as well so I stayed in the spare room last night but I dont know how comfortable im gonna feel in my room anymore after this!

I hate ice, I love snow.

Yesterday the walk to work and back was pretty tough. There is one path (and one road) down the hill I live in, and that was solid ice, so the only way to go down is by sliding and clinging onto the handrail.

I probably slipped around 20 times from when I got down the hill to when I got to work. Then at work we had to send out around 30 rolls of fabric. Unfortunately our courier company sent a massive truck - meaning that it could not get to our loading bay as there wouldn't be enough friction to move away from it. So me, the driver and a workmate had to take the rolls, one by one, across and icy car park to the truck. Slipping with a heavy roll of fabric on your shoulder is pretty scary (luckily I only fell over when I was carrying nothing).

Today, the walk has been rather pleasant and Marple could have been used as a Christmas card poster. The snow on the trees contrasting against the dim light of the morning is quite beautiful. Although it seems to be the opposite for the people who drive as everyone at work has phoned me to say they're late.

Got a phone call from work saying to stay in, work from home and not face the weather. Funny considering I was about to go and give it a shot, scarf on and warm car-de-icing water in hand.

So obviously, here I am, working hard.

Ah winter weather, how I loathe thee. =P

I'll probably have to go out in a bit to catch a bus, which means walking the snowy/icy road here. Plus wet feet. Not looking forward to it. X3

I actually don't have class until 1:30, but it's a friend's birthday today and it seems no one can be bothered or has the time to buy a present, so I figured I should go out and get something. Though I have no clue what to get...

Also have to show in my class what I've done so far... I have nothing more to show since last time I went in, so I'm not looking forward to going in. >.>;

Buttttt going to the film after school and for a meal with friends so yay! =D

Thats really quite intriguing, because I had you down as this platonic conception of otherworldly beauty.

You're not far off there. =P

Something I just remembered: I had a peak at the iPhone the person next to me had on the train (like a lot of iPhone users, he had his down on the seat). I found it bizarre that he was listening to Human by The Killers using TuneWiki. I was tempted to show him my phone as I was also listening to the same song via TuneWiki (but on a Nokia 5800).

No snow here yet, possibly wont get any tonight as it depends how far East it goes. Im hoping we dont get any, as im finally feeling better id like to get out of the house tomorrow. Plus I dont really wanna hang around here with the ceiling being all dodgy, the cracks along one of the walls have gotten longer this morning.

EDIT: And of course just after I type all this, it starts snowing

Edited by Happenstance

Word On The Street is that Meadowhall is closed... I've no idea if trains are running (probably are) but really don't want to werk! Not got to leave 'til 3 as it is, so plenty of time for the snow to get worse...

Last night me and my housemates (two of whom just got back) went to a neraby pub (The Royal Standard for those who Know), helped the landlord kick an irish drunk out, then won £8 on the It Box (battleship is where it's at!) then the landlord gave us a 'lock in' where we had cheap drinks 'til 1am! Win! (nothing at all here)

Irony of the day; the National Rail website is out of service ^_^ Although annoying as I want to check if trains are working. Ah well, 2 and a half hours before I have to leave anyway.

Chased up a letter Student Finances sent out on 22nd Dec today saying "We didn't get some confirmation from your father that we asked for in January 09 so if we don't get it before the end of January 10 we'll take your money back." So it takes them 11 months to realise and I have one to sort it out? Fucking useless father. And now he won't answer his phone.

Oh he's answered. "I probably won't have my P60 for that year." >_> "But I'll check tonight and let you know." No rush eh? Then I told him they want it by the 18th (lie, they want it by the 25th but my father never does anything in time) and he said "oh great it takes them 11 months and they expect us to do this quickly." And I tried to say "yes its a bitch but if you don't they will take back the money so get off your high horse and do me a fucking favour k?"

Edited by Ashley

Something I just remembered: I had a peak at the iPhone the person next to me had on the train (like a lot of iPhone users, he had his down on the seat). I found it bizarre that he was listening to Human by The Killers using TuneWiki. I was tempted to show him my phone as I was also listening to the same song via TuneWiki (but on a Nokia 5800).

So?

Well I'm back into Huddersfield and have everything unpacked.

I am back at uni on the 11th and have my programming hand-in on that date too.

Plus an application to a company open day for the 11th, so I need to do some work for that.

So I have 6 days to do those; by day I program and by night I model.

I'm like a superhero.

I'm getting too into ToS" Dawn of the New World, loving it. Played that this morning, then went to help my mum with the shopping and bought myself a DVD whilst there.

I need to do more work...ugh. It's so annoying. Cause I'm kinda re-editing/changing a past essay, there's less "PRESSURE!" to start working on it, but I know it'll be harder than I think to actually twist an old essay into a new one. Also have to decide on a solid idea for my 6-week film project. This is more important...I need to do something decent or I'll die. I'm working towards that though, not so panicky. I love how the first few pages of my new sketchbook for the upcoming project is a piece of writing outlining my own faults and generally little things I've been thinking about in regards to my feeling and the concept of using film.

Need to take down the Christmas tree today (or at least the decorations), my mum says it's bad luck if we don't before tomorrow, and she has a strange fear of those kind of supersticions (sp?). Listening to Ke$ha's album...it's horrible, but enjoyable for the first half.

I really hate the last week before essays are due. I've pretty much done them, they just need conclusions and all that. The thing that really f*cks me off is that no matter how much time I spend on them, no matter how good they are I always think they could be much better.

I did the best essay in the class last year (I know. Shock horror.) and when the lecturer gave it back to me (she was surprisingly happy) all I could do was scan it and go, 'That could have been better', 'Why has the font changed for 4 words?', 'An idiot could have written this, why didn't I start on it earlier?'

Bah!

In other news, my beautiful DSLR has been dispatched. Should be here tomorrow.