Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Isn't it ridiculous though. I got the email telling us and my jaw just dropped to the floor. The big deal they make about anti-fraud/money laundering etc, and then this?

Ridiculous company.

Keep copies of all of the emails and correspondence you get.

Fucks sake, I'm with the Halifax too :hmm:

No doubt most banks are the same...

The back wheel of my bicycle exploded today on the way to university. I was not best pleased.

I finally got into university, went to the gym. Finished and went to the library at 5 o'clock and I'm still here, doing that essay I keep yapping on about. It's actually really interesting and I LOVE understanding it. Just found out what 'cartesian dualism' is, and in the week we are studying embodiment! Ace!

ReZ I think you said too much in that post. They'll get you. They're watching you now.

Tell me about it, this tree's getting pretty crowded.

ReZ: Really should blow the whistle. If they fire you/refuse redundancy/bum you, you'll just have more ammo in the bad publicity cannon.

I'm calling it ''Mailingate'', it's more fun that way.

ReZ I think you said too much in that post. They'll get you. They're watching you now.

TRIF,H.

Tell me about it, this tree's getting pretty crowded.

ReZ: Really should blow the whistle. If they fire you/refuse redundancy/bum you, you'll just have more ammo in the bad publicity cannon.

I think I will keep copies then. :p

I want to go to the press about everything when I've left but don't know where I stand legally/redundancy etc. (Obv if I did I'd go after redundancy. But dunno if I'd get sued etc)

You part of the Trade Union? They'd be able to offer advice and support.

So last two days. Yesterday was lectures then Birmingham for what was meant to be a flying visit but phoned my mom to confirm if something I had in mind for nan would be fine. She was on the phone so I asked her partner to ask her to ring me back...20 minutes of wondering around Debenhams later she did.

Today some people from various equality things came in to talk to 'us' (I'm not sure if I'm really included in this sense but I was there anyway) (also how I knew what to say to ReZ above so this comes in useful everyone once in a while :heh:) which was...different I suppose. Spoke to some guy in the lecture who I'd made passing "heys" to and such before. He amuses me because he spent last year in Boston and you can hear a twang of an accent every once in a while (im simple okay?)

Then more Christmas shopping. Nearly done now :D Just need to order some stuff online. Came home for a bit then went to Tescos (rather than you know, getting dressed tomorrow and doing it then). Made a list so I don't forget anything...forgot the list.

ReZ you want to get Donal Macintyre on there arses. You could be his deepthroat, his shadowy informant speaking with an actors voice or on helium or something. It'll be awesome. "Donal, I got told the rules and I was like WTF, mega failz."

I'm beginning to remember why I hate working in retail. We've recently started charging 5p for a carrier bag, which leaves me open to getting rants about "environmental stealth taxes" from people who usually spend there days writing irrate letters to the Daily Mail. Also customers seem unable to put books back where they find them, meaning they moan at me for not being able to find a book because some other bastard has decided to stick a quantum mechanics book in the bloody software enginnering section. It makes me angry, angry and tired.

On a more positive note I went off to Belgium this week and turned my girlfriend into a fiancee. She'll remain to be called my girlfriend though as I keep confusing fiancee with finance.

On a more positive note I went off to Belgium this week and turned my girlfriend into a fiancee. She'll remain to be called my girlfriend though as I keep confusing fiancee with finance.

Well done! Congratulations. :)

ReZ, I'm going to echo the advice given to you by others and say that you need to keep all of this stuff documented. The dates they told you not to inform clients, letters, emails. Everything. Keep all of this stuff, because it could become very important if you blow the whistle later, or it could be important if somebody manages to do it before you do.

Okay a week has past and I sort of remember it. :)

I had my Dysleixa test last week which took 3 hours. It consisted of a load of different tests including spelling tests, vocabulary tests, shape formation tests. I was so annoyed because I forgot how to spell the word museum!

Also there was this task where I had to explain what a word was so she said "clock" and I'd have to go it's a thing that tells the time it has hands and numbers etc. I found that so difficult I very rarely got to the point. with the word petrol I ended up talking about how not to apply it to the face with a flannel. :p

Equally they got harder as they went on and I had to explain "reputation" and I ended up telling a story about a merchant who was seen as evil in one village for slaughtering all the townsmen but in another town was seen as good because he gave everyone money, now he may not necessarily be either of these things because what if say he had to perform those evil actions because an evil villian had taken his family of 20 hostage...

...what was I talking about? Then I looked at the person who was conducting the test who was just looking at me like can we just get on to the next word please?

So my days have consisted of work (two more assignments to go!) and in the evenings usually my friend comes over and if not Gossip Girl! I'm so close to being caught up it is ridiculous and that is what is gonna happen once I've written this post. sexy times. :)

Now the other night I decided to get a pizza having done my laundry at 11 O clock but I didn't fancy making to trips so I strolled down with my washing in my bag and detergent in my hand minding my own buisness when I was swept up into this drunken crowd of people who were off to a night club. They are all smartly dressed in their swish shirts and pint in hand and I'm standing their in my jogging bottoms with my dressing gown waist rope tied around my foot. They were all out of it and continously kept introducing themselves to each other. Then one of them was like shouting down the phone at someone which made me jump. :heh:

SO YEAH. fast forward to today and I woke up did my work handed it in (after some fiasco with the printers) and then watched some Gossip Girl/played advance wars and made my Pin board more awesome! :grin: It even has a peg for my keys! winz. :D

My greatest achievement today is:

SQUISHING MY FOOT INTO AN EGG CUSTARD TART! :yay:

accidently mushed it into my work though woops! Ah well. Those things are weird to eat and to have all over your foot. yummy!

ALSO ALSO toy story advent calendar has a sheep/reindeer/monkey chocolate which is some sort of unholy beast of a creation which would just confuse the poor children, for serious.

Todays events:

Won a prize in the works "non religion specific general holiday" raffle

Had to give the owners of the companies son a lift home since I live in the same village and he had been left at work (intentionally).

Got a creepy amount of praise from my boss and the packing manager. It was uncomfotable, but good to know I'm doing a good job. An exact quote "Gary may be the glamour of the department, but Luke does all the work". Plus I got to use the phrase "It's a wisdom that comes only with age" and sound all intelligent and junk.

Was given a festive wristband (a foil strip).

Was given a mince pie.

Slipped on some ice on the way to my car in the morning. Was in a bad mood when I got to work. Very pretty lady at work smiled and said good morning. I cheered up. Lovely lady.

Was unusually confident at work. Even had several conversations with a girl that normally scares the bejesus out of me. Not sure why, could be because she seems very rushed and business like when talking to people. Or could be because she trained me on my first few days there.

Lovely band-girl looked extra lovely.

Heard Fairytale of New York on the radio. Became instantly Christmassy.

That's everything I can remember about my day.

Woke up at 10, and went shopping with my mother.

Did 3 hours work (Yay! First sesh of revision I've managed to stomach!)

Went to work at 6. Really uneventful. Really quiet because no good films are out atm. Ended at 8:45 (15 minutes early).

Walked to my friend's, where we watched Rambo III and The News Today (the former being unexpectedly decent, and the latter being unexpectedly absolutely hilarious). Met this guy who was also there who isn't necessarily good-looking, but I was incredibly attracted to. Damn pheromones.

Walked the hour-long walk home, listening to Joanna Newsom's Ys, and taking in the Edinburgh fog, and generally being at peace with myself. I cannot dare quantify how great Ys is. It hits all my spots, too hard.

Yaaaay, I got myself a win. Checked my bank account just now and I've been paid 200+ quid from work, which actually means that I was less than 80 quid away from achieving my goal before Christmas, which was to wipe out half of my overdraft. I want to clear it by March, meaning that I can then start actually saving up money for myself and it means I won't feel so guilty when I use the money. Saying that, I really buy naff all for myself, so I don't feel overly guilty anyway.

But, the money has come out for some of those train tickets, meaning I'm further away from my target than I wanted to be. This week has sucked work-wise: I've had no work whatsoever, meaning I've been sat down waiting for the work to come in, which it hasn't...been so bored. :(

So, to cut it short: I've had no work this week. I just got paid for outstanding work, which is excellent, but some of that money has gone towards Christmas expenses, which is not so good.

I hate money.

Whistle blow, Rez. But not within the company. Go to an outside organisation and tell them.

I tried to pull the plug on some dodgy activities by my ex-colleagues at GAME by going to the Regional Manager... he was in on it. I went to the people at Loss Prevention to report this... they had encouraged the practice to "help shares improve". My manager at the time started a campaign to make me leave or join in, by putting false reprimands in my employee record etc.

In the end I pretended to be cool with all the shit and "wet my whistle" too. All the time recording everything that happened using a jury-rigged minidisc player and microphone. Then I blackmailed them to shit, telling them to wipe my false record clean (they gave me black marks for not being a "Team Player") and if they didn't, I'd report them.

So all the false accusations against me were dropped, I got an absolutely glowing reference from the newly appointed head of Customer Services and my name put up for the customer service awards in the retail industry. Moved to another store when I went back to University...

...and then sent all the evidence in to the head of the company anyway.

About 20 people lost their jobs and I got a few hundred quid in cash and a pay rise. :)

Stuff!

See, most people would just either say, "Feck it!" and take stuff or just ignore it all.

I like your style Iun.

You little squealer.

As for my day: Well, it's 3:46 on a Saturday morning and I'm still up doing work.

That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks for me.

Whistle blow, Rez. But not within the company. Go to an outside organisation and tell them.

I tried to pull the plug on some dodgy activities by my ex-colleagues at GAME by going to the Regional Manager... he was in on it. I went to the people at Loss Prevention to report this... they had encouraged the practice to "help shares improve". My manager at the time started a campaign to make me leave or join in, by putting false reprimands in my employee record etc.

In the end I pretended to be cool with all the shit and "wet my whistle" too. All the time recording everything that happened using a jury-rigged minidisc player and microphone. Then I blackmailed them to shit, telling them to wipe my false record clean (they gave me black marks for not being a "Team Player") and if they didn't, I'd report them.

So all the false accusations against me were dropped, I got an absolutely glowing reference from the newly appointed head of Customer Services and my name put up for the customer service awards in the retail industry. Moved to another store when I went back to University...

...and then sent all the evidence in to the head of the company anyway.

About 20 people lost their jobs and I got a few hundred quid in cash and a pay rise. :)

Thats awesome. :D

My day started shitty. My car wouldn't start this morning so I had to walk to work and worry about transport for tonight. Last call I had was a total moron who logged a complaint, and I got back and my cars working.

So it could be worse.

15743_203295536492_536116492_3453405_2233501_n.jpg

:D

Ordered some stuff off the net so now I've finished :D (well, I need to get something for my little cousin but that'll be easy enough, and flowers for my nan but will obviously wait til closer to the day).

Also watched Dollhouse and should do some drawing...later...

You didn't come to visit me. =(

Congrats though!

So yesterday I had my jury in school, and it wasn't all that great. The thing they keep asking is "Why do you do a children's book? What's innovative about that?". And then they point at people from Graphic Design who are doing things that haven't been done before... But I'm not in Graphic Design, I'm in Illustration.

But yeah I've been brainstorming about what I could do, and right now I'm thinking about making some sort of box that contains all sorts of things that can help foster parents and the foster child to adapt to the new situation. But now I have to figure out what items could go in there that require illustrations etc... Hmmm.

Plus I'd probably need a new question/subject for my dissertation then. >.>;

Edited by Eenuh
Automerged Doublepost