Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Ffs.

Got woken up by landlord cleaning upstairs, she's pretty damn loud for such a small woman. Apprently another foreign student will be moving in the attic, fun times -.-

Apprently must take all my stuff home with me, my electricals because theres too many things being robbed from houses on street. So now I have to take my fucking computer home, my tv and all my consoles. Freaking joke.

When I talked to housemate I got 'mm sausages' sigh. Ffs.

Today is just one big joke and I hate it.

Edited by or else you will DIE

You live in Sheffield, right?

I'd take everything home anyway.

I've lived in manchester and never had this issue.

It'd be better if we were allowed to use the alarm, which we can, but my stupid african housemate doesn't tell us jack shit (infact she's getting too bloody lazy andhasn't even done her council tax form, which is due very very soon. grr) and we can't put it on if she doesn't tell us.

Just a big messy, mess and I'm getting increasingly peed off with it.

DIE: your song isn't allowed embedding, plus emo song pssh. :p

Oh god oh god oh god I'm stressing out.

Have my jury tomorrow (all those teachers staring at meeee) and do my presentation for them. I don't feel like I have anything to show. All I can say is that I still don't have a story, still haven't found a writer, don't have a style yet, don't know what medium I'll be using and haven't started on my dissertation yet...

>.>;

I'm off to Val Thorens today! Woo!

Waiting up to see the girlfriend once she comes back from a club before I don't get to see her for a week when she'll be travelling up from home just to pick me up from university and drop me home. Baww isn't that sweet.

Been trying to discover a taste for port so I can drink it on the coach tomorrow for a challenge. Yeah, I'm fucked basically, its disgusting.

Its a bit expensive Ell, but if you mix Port in equal measure to Brandy, they both take the edge off each other. Sure to get you trollied and its not a bad drink.

I started work at a new job today. It went really well, and the time flew by :) I didn't think it had tired me out as much as it did, but after cooking/eating dinner i've slept pretty much all night and have just woke up no-longer tired :rolleyes: Luckily i'm not in till 3 tomorrow.

Looks like some Internet TV is in order, either that or a little blast on the Wii :grin:

nightwolf; you can leave stuff at mine if you want. I'm not going anywhere for xmas.

Ell; port is fucking awesome. Just don't be drinking it like wine. MMm could do with some port now..

world; hi! Totally late for work bai!

I'd rather take it home, I don't think my insurance covers me if I leave it at yours, just incase!

Bit more chilled out today, found out its not just my marks that have gone missing, which is nice, but it means I have to wait another week to find out my mark..not good.

Going to see paramore tonight, I should be really excited..given I actually quite like them, but I just can't be bothered to go. I'd rather sit at home and chill.

I think because I have work 10-6 tomorrow and I know its going to be a long day..and I've got a shit ton of work to be doing..sigh. :sad:

My general unwellness the last 2 weeks suddenly flared back up this morning, coughing hurt like hell and I actually felt ill stomach-wise, as though if I ran or jumped, I'd be sick. Just sat with the dog watching Simple Life, feeling sorry for myself, until my driving lesson, which I was dreading feeling so horrid, and after i was really bad last week because I was ill then (but less so).

Strangely I was the best I'd ever been. Maybe cause I'd done a little driving last night too? Being too good at looking to the end of the road.

Amazon offered me £1 off my MP3 downloads the other day. I took up the offer yesterday by purchasing a few Police and Genesis tracks. I think there must have been a bug, because i didn't get charged for any of the music i downloaded. Bargain, i thought!!!

My general unwellness the last 2 weeks suddenly flared back up this morning, coughing hurt like hell and I actually felt ill stomach-wise, as though if I ran or jumped, I'd be sick. Just sat with the dog watching Simple Life, feeling sorry for myself, until my driving lesson, which I was dreading feeling so horrid, and after i was really bad last week because I was ill then (but less so).

Strangely I was the best I'd ever been. Maybe cause I'd done a little driving last night too? Being too good at looking to the end of the road.

Practice is the best way to get good at driving I reckon. It really began to click for me when I started going out driving with my Dad, it definitely helped me to no end. Try and drive as much as possible and you'll be ready for your test in no time.

My day's been both crap and good. My brother asked me to drive to the Nottingham PC World to buy some amazingly cheap special printer paper. He saw 52 items on the system in the store where he works, but when I got to Nottingham it was all a computer error apparently (not pleased). Now i wouldn't have minded so much, but Nottingham and the M1 was solid, bumper-to-bumper style. My leg actually aches from the number of times i was stopping and starting, which I find only happens on very rare occasions, It took me 4 1/2 hours in all! Urgh!

Anyway the good part of the day: Just checked my UCAS application and I've recieved an Unconditional offer to study Biology with a year in industry at Liverpool Uni :D Whaaay!

I was at work today and an internal ad for a job came round, band 4 deputy system manager.. so i'm considering applying (not that i have even enough experience) but I could wing it. No job spec was with it so its like... gah. There's a question at the end that asks you to state specifically why you have the relevant criteria for the post..

I'm a band 2 at the moment and it would be a hooooooooooge pay jump. Saying that I probably wont even be shortlisted. I might ask my bosses bosses boss and see what she reckons.

This week was hilarious at work. In a "If I didn't laugh, I'd cry" sense. Basically...

We sent letters out to 5000 people, effectively saying "This investment is shit, and its not going to get better. We advise you to withdraw it." and enclosing the forms for them to do so.

Now, this has been a long time coming, and all the big wigs have been like "OMG THIS IS SO IMPORTANT" and it transpired that....we didn't send the forms with the letter. So Monday loads of people rang calling about it.

We were told forms would go out asap.

Then Tuesday we were told they were being sent first class that day.

Wednesday we heard confirmation they were sent first class on Tuesday.

Today we find out that they actually went out second class. So we were probably purposefully told they went first class to avoid complaints etc. Or whatever.

And today I heard the most ridiculous thing ever. It was basically along the lines of "If FRAUD has taken place on a clients account DONT tell them, because we don't want them going to the press."

Yes....you read that correctly. If fraud happens on someones account, instead of telling them so they can check/STOP THE FRAUD FROM HAPPENING, we have been told not to inform them.

Which is of course ridiculous, and I personally refuse to adhere to the ridiculous rule.

I want to go to the press about everything when I've left but don't know where I stand legally/redundancy etc. (Obv if I did I'd go after redundancy. But dunno if I'd get sued etc)

well under whistleblowing laws I think you're protected if you go public on this, but you may want to look that up

Isn't it ridiculous though. I got the email telling us and my jaw just dropped to the floor. The big deal they make about anti-fraud/money laundering etc, and then this?

Ridiculous company.