Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Have been working diligently for the last hour and a half on my psychology report and have finished it as far as possible. Have to wait until Wednesday to fully complete it as we have a statistics class that we have to go to to get the results for writing up. A lot of research this morning and so now that I'm done, just gonna relax for the rest of the day.

Heard back from my friend who was in hospital. While her boyfriend, who is the friend who told me she was in hospital, may not care much to talk to me now for some reason, at least she does. She's on the mend apparently and says she may come into Uni on monday so that'll be nice to see her for the first time in 6 months.

Was out with some friends last night, before meeting up with Razz and a friend of his. Buddha bar is amazing..the bouncers however are not. It just hit me that there's a picture of me riding an elephant. KILL ME NOW.

Tell me more tell me whore

GreasePic2.jpg

Fun day of tidying. Although realised I missed my four year arrest-iversary two weeks ago. Should try and remember and celebrate next year as I'll be clear.

Tell me more tell me whore

GreasePic2.jpg

That may just be my favourite post ever. EVER.

Razz had gone to get a drink (though, I'm oddly thinking he had a nosebleed. Though, that may just be me being retarded) and I saw this wooden (I thought it was stone) elephant in the corner that was about waist height...so my drunken self thought "THIS WILL BE AMAZING". My sober self is now thinking "Fuck you, drunk self".

I've got to start posing for pictures, rather than always being the deer in the headlights. Razz is mean with cameras. He will pay.

Edited by Slaggis

Well I have been somewhat absent for a while, but fear not; I'm still here. :)

My week has been amazing. I started on my masters course and have been through the intro week, pretty much doing loads of activities after going through the talks they've had with us. Perhaps the best part was going to the awesome Japanese restaurant Sapporo Tepinyaki after drinks. A friend spilled coke down his pants and a woman seated near him was making a big fuss - "Oh god put your pants under the drier in the gents" was one of the lines she came out with.

Well I've been out so much that it hasn't left much time for here. The best part of my week isn't any activity in particular, rather a certain someone who I met on the first day. I ended up doing a lot of these things with her as well as others, and I ended up telling her on Friday that I quite liked her. She told me she liked me too, and yesterday we sort of went on a nice trip, having a great time. She isn't from Manchester (down South, actually) and she has been so glad that I ended up taking her around all these places and I've apparently 'made her very happy'. She's really smart and cute, and even has a first in what she studied. She's lovely.

...at the end of yesterday we started kissing a lot, and eventually went back to hers (she got fully funded for everything on her Masters for scoring really highly) and we kissed and whatnot...lots. For hours. Literally hours. My lips are kind of swollen now, lol. I can't wait to see her tomorrow! We also got assigned the same tutor which is incredibly lucky...or fated? ;)

So YAH, what a week. I'm really happy that I started doing this course, even if the main part of it hasn't started yet! :D

Did my three preliminary self portraits today, one of which is stunning, flaming locks of what-is-probably-auburn-hair-except-in-black-and-white, one that looks nothing like me, more like Kiera Knightley, and one that co-features Michelle Pfieffer in the background, but my face looks quite bad.

Now I have to do a 5 hour charcoal A3 one. I'm taking a knife to the books that I wrote.

Cleaned the house today with my housemate Dani, she told me that apprently I was getting really annoying pestering her and another housemate and then apologised alot when she realised just how disgusting the kitchen was. :woops:

So I came home just now to a very clean and tidy kitchen, which makes me all happy. :D

I've been outdoing loads of driving lately (woo car! woo licence!) and my mums already started picking holes in my driving, haha. Apparently I don't brake hard enough - don't really want whiplash!! I'm used to a brand new diesel car, the one I learned in, which had absolute feather-light braking. Just touching it at lower speeds was making the car shudder, so I've gotten a real knack of slowly slowly braking. And she was moaning about me coming to a junction in 2nd gear and taking the opportunity to roll out in 2nd if its clear. Apparently that's not safe, but it is what my instructor taught me to do :P

Having to basically relearn a lot of my driving skills, because there is so much damn difference in the car I drove and the car I now own! Pretty much every start is a "hill start" for a petrol, whereas a diesel has a lot more pull without having to crank up the gas before you even get going...

I thought the learning/test was going to be the hardest thing to overcome, apparently not ¬___¬

I've been outdoing loads of driving lately (woo car! woo licence!) and my mums already started picking holes in my driving, haha. Apparently I don't brake hard enough - don't really want whiplash!! I'm used to a brand new diesel car, the one I learned in, which had absolute feather-light braking. Just touching it at lower speeds was making the car shudder, so I've gotten a real knack of slowly slowly braking. And she was moaning about me coming to a junction in 2nd gear and taking the opportunity to roll out in 2nd if its clear. Apparently that's not safe, but it is what my instructor taught me to do :P

Having to basically relearn a lot of my driving skills, because there is so much damn difference in the car I drove and the car I now own! Pretty much every start is a "hill start" for a petrol, whereas a diesel has a lot more pull without having to crank up the gas before you even get going...

I thought the learning/test was going to be the hardest thing to overcome, apparently not ¬___¬

The way I was always taught was to use 2nd gear if it's an open Junction and you can see what's coming from the right well before you reach the junction. If it's a closed Junction, I was taught to roll the car into 1st gear just as I reached it. I also notice a lot of learners nowadays seem to put the handbrake on everytime they're on a hill so the can get the relative gas and bite. Not something I used to or ever do, I always just brought the car right to the bite enough so it wouldn't roll back and then apply the gas, without ever putting on the handbrake on.

Edited by Jon

I had this problem aswell, yearned for my instructor's diesel. Literally I was stalling every couple of minutes, and had never stalled in the instructors car. You'll get used to it soon enough though :)

I just did my first laundrey at uni today, so pleased. Even if I did start by putting everything in the dryer instead of the washer to begin with... epic failings.

Random question to post uni people: when you wanted stuff delivered to your halls of residence but sites 'don't deliver to halls of residence's' what did you do? Im thinking gig tickets, specifically.

I do find alot of newer drivers don't know how to hold the car still on a hill using just the clutch, its something my instruction drilled into me so I don't constantly have to use my handbrake, its also really handy in very slow moving traffic. :laughing:

my car won't actually do that at all, I've tried it a few times. Its only a 1 litre engine and it actually needs gas to move off from pretty much any "hill" and i have been able to do it with my instructors car

my car won't actually do that at all, I've tried it a few times. Its only a 1 litre engine and it actually needs gas to move off from pretty much any "hill" and i have been able to do it with my instructors car

You can still do it, just you have your right foot putting a little gas in. The biting point with the clutch still works the same way. Just find the point where the force of the engine balances with the roll of the hill.

I do it that way when stopping for a brief period, but put the handbrake on when still for any length of time.

You can still do it, just you have your right foot putting a little gas in. The biting point with the clutch still works the same way. Just find the point where the force of the engine balances with the roll of the hill.

I do it that way when stopping for a brief period, but put the handbrake on when still for any length of time.

to clarify: "how to hold the car still on a hill using just the clutch"

I do know how to do a hill start! :heh:

day started well, i drove to work and did a pretty nice job, no near misses, no mistakes, only thing was stalling on a him due to not being used to my new car. should pass my test real soon.

work itself was ok, had mostly nice people calling, got alot of my book read too (catch 22, if you wanted to know)

decided to swing by the shops on my way home, pick up some ribena so that im not drinking water, so elected to walk 40 mins home via the shop rather then hop on the bus. this was, of course a mistake, as apparently, sainsburys needs to be shut after 4 on a sunday. whats he point? id go then, i know alot of people who would, im certainly not bothered that its the sabeth as i dont belive in god. why should i suffer?

got home alreadya nnoyed, then get a huge lecture on the state of my room. apparently having possesions not hidden away makes me a bad person. i get to work tidying it, and put a load of stuff in a box then the box goes in my wardrobe. my mam looked at me like id just wiped my arse on the curtains and rants about how i aqt get a lift tommorow as i clearly didnt sort things out, just bundled them away. i use my angry voice and tell her, things are infact sorted, put in the box to keep them out of the way and in order, and that the box itself looks tidy, and even if it dosent its in the bloody wardrobe and no one will see. she left in a strop, maybe its cos i was rude, maybe its cos i was right, either way i was glad she wasnt in my face.

god i hate living at home.

I was gonna ask hot girl out today, but didn't get a chance to talk to her. And now I've settled back into the bizarre method of ignoring her, because I can't hack thinking I might be attractive in any quantity whatsoever.

A depressing day, for several stupid reasons. So I'm going to give myself a hangover tomorrow as punishment. Not only do I have a 9.30-2.30 shift but I gotta go to job centre, and the hospital, and phone a bunch of people and things and shit. And yeah. Just generally feel puny and overlooked. Best-friendless and unwanted. A lot of it is down to my lack of hearing aids at the moment. I basically can't overhear anyone's conversations, can't interject, can't retort without asking them to repeat what they said three times. Basically I'm stripped of my wit and bereft of compassion. Underpayed, overworked, broke, unshaven, hungry and alone, and no way out for another month. This fucking sucks.

To the hangover! *cheers*

I was gonna ask hot girl out today, but didn't get a chance to talk to her. And now I've settled back into the bizarre method of ignoring her, because I can't hack thinking I might be attractive in any quantity whatsoever.

You don't have to be attractive to get a girlfriend. I've had one afterall. And it may be hard to believe but some hot girls aren't shallow. Not many, but some.

You don't have to be attractive to get a girlfriend. I've had one afterall. And it may be hard to believe but some hot girls aren't shallow. Not many, but some.

I guess I'm the perfect example of that. I mean, I'm with Jim after all. :wink:

Not much happened today. Only thing I really did was go to work heh. The weather has been lovely though the last few days. Nice and warm. ^_____^

Really wish it could stay like this but sadly it'll only get colder and colder, brrrr.

But apparently he's a sloth. And girls do like small furry things.

Sloths aren't small though... and not nice and soft as their hair is covered in plants and bacteria and all that. Oh and they have super long nails. So not sure they fit in the "small furry things" list. =P