N-Europe

originally the first book was called Northern Lights which is a much better title than Golden Compass imo

Especially as "The Golden Compass" referrers to a special map-measuring compass that was only in the original draft of the book.

Tomorrow I should probably go to the hospital and see why the fuck they never sent me an appointment to fix my other, very broken hearing aid.

*facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*

Oh - R_A - I'll hug your most itching bits to subside the pain for as long as I can. Turns out I'm very subsceptable to chilblains, and combined with my own psoriasis, allergies and excezma, I do genuinely feel your sorrow. Trust me - alcohol really, really, really helps.

P.S. Facepalm!

Ah god. chillblains are so bad :( I get them a lot in the cold, that's so so so much worse than any itching.

eczema AND psoriasis?? And here's me complaining. :indeed:

Mega fails on the whole losing the hearing aid thing. Must be a nusiance! Suppose hearing is something most of us take for granted! =(

*mega hugsies*

Hope things pick up for you dude!

Cheers Caris.

I honestly don't know why people would want to ever leave this place? It's a hell of a long flight but totally worth it.

Stop rubbing it in yo' pansy ass little bitch :blank: I'm going to come down there. Get a job and move in with you, then beat yo' ass. You'll probably kick me out afterwards but I'll have some amazing legal argument as a backup.

Stop rubbing it in yo' pansy ass little bitch :blank: I'm going to come down there. Get a job and move in with you, then beat yo' ass. You'll probably kick me out afterwards but I'll have some amazing legal argument as a backup.

Damn, got me there.... :blank:

Yes, I am mega-fail, and deaf and shit again. I've got 3 days off from work and I'm basically going to get drunk the entire time and not fix anything about my life at all. Not in the mood to be alive. Funfunfun.

I am jealous!

What work are you doing?

And Ellmiester thats just confusing are you stalking the guy thats going out with your ex gf? Thats gonna lead to some bitter tears and lawsuits.

I need a hug.

Just been informed my studnt finance application has been fucked up, and they want me to fill out another one, after calling them to get my I.D. I've been trying to call them since 10am this morning, and all I get is "Our lines are currently full" read to me by a shit woman with a shit scottish accent. I've been speaking on the phone to my dad trying to get some help and he's telling me one thing, and then my mum is telling me another. I didn't think having parents in two different places was that big a deal until now. Damn them both. Had an absolute massive bitch at mum when she came in which in retrospect probably wasn't the best decision I've ever made. But, I just needed to let off some steam and she was there moaning at me at completely the wrong time.

Argh.

Edited by Slaggis

I'm pretty sure most people have stalked an ex or someone on Facebook! I only got to see his picture. I deduced that I'm better looking than him. I hope I'm right...

I'm sure you are Ell.

Thats the problem with facebook - stalking. I don't tend to keep in contact with my exes. woo.

Slaggis these things happen, it takes some time but 99% of the time student finance do sort these things, it just takes alittle time and deep breathing!

9/10 day.

City, beach, eat, beach, city, shop, rinse and repeat. Though the weather hasn't been too great, the sooner it improves again the better. Still can't wait for summer.

Lucky sod, but I shall be in Sydney in just over a month, setting off October 12th for a year, can't bloody wait, but unlike you, i'm kinda not waiting for an Aus Summer..I think I will melt into one giant puddle by the time it's finished >>

I think I came up with my favourite joke ever today.

Scientists argue over what to call the newly discovered pubic critter. Scientists from the University of Alahan, Texas believe they should be called Spunk-lice, whereas across the pond in Manchester they believe they should be called Cum-fleas.

But really its all semantics.

Anyway, I asked manager dewd about my holiday mishap and he was like "Oh havn't looked yet, I'll do it now" so hopefully I'll hear about that....soon....ish. :/

Booked tickets to see District 9 for tomorrow, which should be epic. Apparently they're making a sequel (but replacing aliens for jews) ....District Nein.

I'm in a mood. Too much adrenaline and not enough social care makes jayseven a cup of tea. AND BISCUITS. Don't forget the bisnitches. Racist?

My whole weekend was spent pretty much by myself, everybody seems to be match-making or busy with work.

Boohoo for me?

/sarcasm.

I'm currently a very angry person, three days of nothing does that to you.

TBF there are plenty of people here in sheff to do things with, so all you have to do is totally ask people if they want to do stuff, then suggest what you want to do with them, then, like, do it.

:|

I am jealous!

What work are you doing?

And Ellmiester thats just confusing are you stalking the guy thats going out with your ex gf? Thats gonna lead to some bitter tears and lawsuits.

ARGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

I need a hug.

Just been informed my studnt finance application has been fucked up, and they want me to fill out another one, after calling them to get my I.D. I've been trying to call them since 10am this morning, and all I get is "Our lines are currently full" read to me by a shit woman with a shit scottish accent. I've been speaking on the phone to my dad trying to get some help and he's telling me one thing, and then my mum is telling me another. I didn't think having parents in two different places was that big a deal until now. Damn them both. Had an absolute massive bitch at mum when she came in which in retrospect probably wasn't the best decision I've ever made. But, I just needed to let off some steam and she was there moaning at me at completely the wrong time.

Argh.

I was going to reply to this in a sarcastic yet caring manner, but I couldn't find the words. I hope those sentiments get through anyway!

Rez, you do realise that by letting your manager guy go off after saying 'I'll do it now' means he'll have gone back to his desk/office and done the exact opposite, only saying it to have you stop pestering him. Personally, I'd go to his office/whatever and make him do it while you're there. It's your holidays and it needs to be sorted. Plus, I like confrontations in the workplace. :D

-------------------

Been raining all day here, so I haven't done anything. Have heard that my grandparents have been involved in a crash with some young driver who's not long since passed his test. Believe they're alright but then there's little communication in my household so I don't know for sure. They're both at the hospital, as is my mother who's making sure everything is fine, but I think it's just precautionary. Little prick my grandad crashed into was more worried about his '£19,000 Astra' than those involved. My grandad asked if he was alright as soon as he got out of the car and all he could say was 'My car! My car!' Perfect example of what the world has become when something artificial takes precident over something real.